Tls:dz Zombie Spawn Bug?

no spawn Zombies stop spawning

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

nQrgaard

nQrgaard
  • 2 posts

Hi ConArtist

I play The Last Stand: Dead Zone on Kongregate, and ever since the recently implemented patch, I have frequently experienced that the zombies would simply stop spawning. I haven't been able to find anything triggering it - it seems to just happen randomly.

This is rather bothersome, as it not only lowers my experience gain, but also makes infected bounties rather difficult to complete.

Thanks for an otherwise great game.

nQrgaard

dfielder

dfielder
  • 1 posts

after recent patch i notice spawn as stopped completed while and after you have finish searching all spots.

not sure if its a glitch or part of the holiday patch thing.

xshedragonx

xshedragonx
  • 4 posts

Once the timer hits 2 minutes left, the zombies completely stop spawning. In green plains, but also other maps. I am currently working on the infected bounty, but it has happened when the bounty was not active. 

cuda1179

cuda1179
  • 16 posts

I have also had this problem pop up a few times in the last month.

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Hey guys, I merged a bunch of other topics into this one to keep it all in one place. Few questions:

Is this happening on specific maps or all maps?
At a consistent time or randomly?
Every mission or only sometimes?
Does this happen if you don't scavenge anything?

Should help us narrow down where the problem is.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Had this happen during a compound attack shortly after the recent patch.   Basically it was after the first initial spawn  nothing else spawned for the duration of the compound attack.  Con was on Kong chat at time, so mentioned it to him then, but haven't had a compound attack since.

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Strange, just had a compound attack myself and it kept spawning the whole time.

xshedragonx

xshedragonx
  • 4 posts

Is this happening on specific maps or all maps?

Green Plains every mission, other maps it is intermittent,

At a consistent time or randomly?

With green plains consistent, with other maps random

Every mission or only sometimes?

depends on map

Does this happen if you don't scavenge anything?

I always scavenge so do not know.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 147 posts

Encountered the bug on the Green Plains military base, first and only time I noticed it. Only thing I can say is that it seemed to happen right when I finished scavenging the map

cuda1179

cuda1179
  • 16 posts

I can confirm that this mostly happens to me in Waterside. It occurs approximately between the 2-3 minutes left mark, or when I have finished scavenging. It has happened in other neighborhoods, but not as frequently.

nQrgaard

nQrgaard
  • 2 posts

I just did a run, and I had the impression that the waves were coming very fast, until they stopped entirely. I'm not sure how exactly the wave mechanics work, but this run got me thinking that maybe something is messing with the time between each wave, and when the designated number of waves for that run is reached, they will stop spawning?

Furthermore, I've been trying to leave behind a single scavenge spot, saving it for when the timer was about to run out. This, however, didn't seem to reduce the frequency of it happening, so it doesn't appear to be related to finishing all scavenging.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 725 posts

I just did a run, and I had the impression that the waves were coming very fast, until they stopped entirely. I'm not sure how exactly the wave mechanics work, but this run got me thinking that maybe something is messing with the time between each wave, and when the designated number of waves for that run is reached, they will stop spawning?

As far as I know, the rush duration is not based on the number of waves, but in time. Case in point: if you don't kill a single zombie in the first wave and just keep running, the rush will end and you will have to kill fewer of them (I know this because that's what I do in one-man manual missions).

Edited by Lana Woo, 22 December 2016 - 09:46 PM.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Today I was encountering this bug on several maps and different accounts.

If I loot all containers Zeds just stop spawning ... quite annoying for bounty missions.

If I don't loot all, Zeds spawn like normal, weird bug.

Please look into it.

Compound attack is not affected.

/edit: Latest map was Waterside - Military Base, no more Zeds at 2:00 min

//edit: Uptown - Military Base, Zeds stopped spawning and not whole map looted o.O

Edited by Cherry, 03 January 2017 - 06:11 PM.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 606 posts

I mostly have been getting this bug on zombies attacking my  compound and only getting not much zombies spawning.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Still happening, other players alos talking about it.

Green Plains - Small Streets ... no more Zeds after looting the map

It seems pretty random, sometimes you can run the map without any issues, next times Zeds just stop spawning.

Looks like it isn't related to looting coz happening to me as well when my men just stand in Green Zone grinding bonty kills.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

*push*

It is still happening, pretty random all over the map.

Please fix it.

Edited by Cherry, 10 March 2017 - 06:58 PM.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 95 posts

This is STILL a problem in Green Plains.  Just lost over two minutes on a mission.  Nothing happening at all. 

to be clear, this is not a compound attack.  It is during missions when trying to complete bounties. 

And can you fix the rare recycling bug as well...I mean, that has been only three years...no rush.

xshedragonx

xshedragonx
  • 4 posts

Yep can confirm, still happening with me to. I have tired NOT scaving all places and the bug still happens so it is not that. 

drLmnz

drLmnz
  • 7 posts

i've done several experiments with this and this is what i can tell you.

the workaround combination i've found works best and has gotten me hardly any spawn bugs at all since i started doing is:

- scavenge all containers except 4/5

- after killing the last zombie of a spawn, i move around one survivor randomly then get him back to the group when the first zombie of the next wave spawns

- scavenge the remainder 4/5 containers AFTER the 2 min mark

my basis for this workaround is the following:
- if i scavenge all containers before the 2 min mark and i leave my survivors standing still in one spot => zombie spawn bug quite often

- if i scavenge all containers except 4/5 but i leave my survivors standing still in one spot => zombie spawn bug somewhat often

- if i scavenge all containers except 4/5 but i move one survivor after killing the last zombie of a spawn => zombie spawn bug very rarely

let me be clear, i still get the spawn bug on occasion, but doing this i get it waaaay less, regardless if its a normal mission or during zombie bounty.

i have no idea why scavenging containers or moving the survivors are related to the bug, or why the 2 min mark seems to be important, but this is what i've found so far.

if you try it and it helps, awesome.

if it doesnt, gotta keep trying to get the devs atenttion to look into this issue i guess.

edit: btw, this has only been tested in kong cause i only play there, i don't know if it will work in ag/fb

Edited by drLmnz, 19 March 2017 - 08:02 AM.

morphinonly

morphinonly
  • 30 posts

I can confirm this is happening, mostly below 3 min and above 2 min mark. It's frustrating because of losing XP, also quests depending on kills, also bounties depending on rares, limiting extra XP from healing yourself up.

Just happened to me 3 missions on a row, meanwhile none of my soldiers were in green zone.

I tried to leave 23/25 scavenged, didnt matter.

I tried to move a soldier consistently, even after zombie spawns are dead, didnt matter.

Update; confirming again; happens between 3:00 and 2:40 on time left.

Edited by morphinonly, 09 January 2019 - 11:12 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: no spawn, Zombies, stop, spawning