Photo

Blue Crafted Tac Blades Vs Blue Crafted Swords

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 298 posts

Pretty simple question, are the blue crafted tac blades better than blue swords? That is, If the crafts are similar (same bonuses on damage and APS). On face value the tac blades have much more DPS so have I been wasting my time on trying to get max craft on swords when I should have been crafting tac blades.

Experiences, thoughts, complaints? :)

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 605 posts

No, tac blades are honestly quite terrible. Blue swords (especially on a fighter/engineer) deal huge amounts of DPS. 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,648 posts

Tac blades aren't the mysterious 'improvised' and hence fighters don't qualify for their combat bonus, rendering them all but pointless for crafting given the odds are you'll end up finding a quality unique one non-fighters will be happy with.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 298 posts

Tac blades aren't the mysterious 'improvised' and hence fighters don't qualify for their combat bonus, rendering them all but pointless for crafting given the odds are you'll end up finding a quality unique one non-fighters will be happy with.

The silly thing is, though, that if you look at Fighters in-game it only says Melee as their speciality and Improvised is mentioned as Engineers speciality. Just funny to me :D By that logic improvised should be only Engineer speciality and melee in whole (including tac blades) Fighters speciality.

Orange Duck

Orange Duck
  • 466 posts

Idk why people talk so much shit about tac blades they're really quite good and in most situations are more useful than swords, in PvE at least one with a high aps bonus is far better imo, whereas against barricades and what not swords are superior. To be fair however the one I use is a very nice uni 40 aps 42.5 dmg.

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 316 posts

No, tac blades are honestly quite terrible. Blue swords (especially on a fighter/engineer) deal huge amounts of DPS. 

My sword, boosted with some gear, has quite a lot of DPS. and it is not even the best in the game.

Q9CP4M7.png

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 140 posts

Idk why people talk so much shit about tac blades they're really quite good and in most situations are more useful than swords, in PvE at least one with a high aps bonus is far better imo, whereas against barricades and what not swords are superior. To be fair however the one I use is a very nice uni 40 aps 42.5 dmg.

Unique tac blades can be great because they can have an APS bonus, but one has to keep in mind that there are no unique swords, so we compare uniques to blue crafts. If they were, they will probably leave behind tac blades, even those like the ones you describe.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 605 posts

APS means jack shit if you don't have the damage and knockback to back it up. Even with the rather low knockback of the blue sword, I find my survivors take a lot more damage using tac blades than other weapons in sustained combat, even unique ones.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,073 posts

Discussion is about the crafted blue sword vs the crafted blue tac blade.  While an exceptional unique tac blade (maybe one in 50) may be better than an good (not perfect) blue sword, it doesn't really belong here.

Blue crafted swords are still the king of crafted melee weapons.

Edited by Zingman, 11 January 2017 - 06:15 PM.