Photo

My Roadmap For 2017

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 23 posts

POPULAR

So, since there was a Roadmap 2016, these are a few things, IMO, should be for 2017:

1. Infected models

Purely cosmetic but, why not have certain models of infected in certain locations? I mean, why we have not seen infected models of doctors, nurses and patients in hospitals? Inmates in prisons? Cops in streets and police stations (not the SWAT guys)? Construction workers on sites?

Not saying we should have a zombie priest, zombie student, zombie lawyer, zombie bodyguard, etc. but maybe Con could start with those. They would not have any special stats or anything, They'll just look different.

2. New enemy for Union Island

Most of the "human" enemies on Union Island have guns. Why not add some sort of enemy with heavy armor and a melee weapon. Once they spot you, they'll rush towards you and try to kill your survivors. They'll have the same speed as a scavenger but won't be so tough. Even better, they can be behind those large, black HERC gates or hiding in corners just waiting to ambush you. They won't be seen together with guys with guns to make it easy.

3. Special rewards for using certain weapon types

I've read this somewhere else but I cannot remember from who, so this is NOT my idea. Players should earn small rewards for achieving a number of kill with certain weapons. Let's say: Your (survivor role) will increase his/her Accuracy by 2% with Shotguns if he/she kills 1,000 infected with them. 

All this should be managed in the Training Center.

4. Research for the Deathmobile

Why not add new research components for the Production category in the Research menu? Like spark plugs, oil filters, automotive fuses, reinforced tires, suspension, protective plates and special "tools" that, in the end, reduce return times. Not to tune up your vehicle, but it may need a little maintenance after all those years, right?

If you complete the whole Deathmobile research you'll get a permanent 20/25 min reduced time from manual missions. Plus the Union City Shortcuts book bonus (or not?). Does not apply to those who have the upgraded Deathmobile. The components available in Union Island, Terror Dome and as purple/rare drop in certain locations of the Dead Zone.

5. EXO items

Despite your opinion on 2016 Halloween. EXO suits and weapons should return. Both guns and gear will only be available in Union Island as rewards from the Hauls as schematics that cannot be traded. You can get the schematics for the EXO 47 Mkii even if you don't have the EXO 47 (only EXO guns can be traded in case this happens). EXO components should be available in the form of EXO boxes only in the Island as a blue drop and they can be traded.

EDIT: Here are some other ideas:

6. Revival Kit

Some might see this as a n00b joke but, how about a piece of active gear (like grenades) that revives downed survivors? This item is craftable as you need, like, a defibrillator, adrenaline, some bandages, pain killers and other medical stuff.

Reason is that, sometimes, you get a survivor downed due to a trap or he gets caught by a mob of infected that won't let him advance. So, you use the Revival Kit, wait a bit (kinda like scavenging) and he gets up. Injuries he/she sustained before getting downed won't be healed and he/she'll return with, oh, 25% of total health.

Low level survivors can crafting the EMT variant, then you'll get the Military and HERC. Difference is the time it takes to revive the survivor and, MAYBE, the health it recovers (no more than 50%) and some minor injuries healed (all based on chances). Only for Leaders and Medics.

7. "New Frontiers" update (or maybe "New Horizons pt. 2"?)

Even more locations to explore as well as districts. Further expand Pinedale, Green Plains and unlock Whistler's Forest. These places will be suburban/rural locations with not so many city buildings, lots of zombies, raiders and some new guns. For the locations maybe:

- Campsite, with loads of junk, components, food, water and medical items (but I think the Forest does it)

- Truck stop, a small gas station (no fuel), an auto shop and maybe a diner restaurant. Food, water, some components and maybe guns available. Con can re-use the Large Motel map as a basis.

- Crash site, no disrespect to those who lost someone in an aircraft incident, but maybe, somewhere in the roads/forest there are the remains of a wrecked airliner/transport chopper with the cargo ready to take it.

BTW, how come we've never seen ambulances on the streets??

These are some of my ideas for now, might come up with some others soon. Eager to hear your comments and see if any of these become true.

Edited by Souvage012, 11 January 2017 - 03:15 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

Here's my feedback:

1. Why make them purely cosmetic? Why not give them special stats? This would make locations more unique.

2. Some kind of "HERC Swordsman" would be pretty nice. How about an Infected counterpart, too? They'd be similar to the halloween 2015 berzerkers. 

3. Perhaps weapons with infected kills could do this? I think that would make them more unique.

4. Yes. Yes. And more Yes. I think the final result should be 25% less mission time.

5. Even more yes. Making the Island more unique is seriously needed. I also wouldn't mind seeing event item schems.

Also, MK II schematics should be able to have a substitute of metal or something, but also allow MK I weapons. 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 525 posts

1 - I like the idea. In other TLS games we had priest, construction worker, inmate, fat lady, etc., so it would be nice to have them back

2 - Crazy guy with a knife? I'm in :)

3 - Would that bonus be fixed, or temporary? Also I think these bonuses must be reserved to one type of weapon per survivor class, one that's not the specialization ones (doesn`t make sense to give the same reward to a fighter for using a LMG and a medic for using the same LMG). This would lead to more varied playstyles.

4 - I like the idea, but I think that instead of making a fixed time (minutes) it should be percentage (let's say 10%), and it must be able to be used together with a UCS book (I mean, I have the 50% one and I would hate to not be able to use it because I started the research on my deathmobile).

5 - That would defeat the entire purpose of "event items". People who spent a lot of time and effort (or money) crafting them wouldn't be thrilled to see them dropping for free in the island, don't you think?

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 23 posts

1 - I like the idea. In other TLS games we had priest, construction worker, inmate, fat lady, etc., so it would be nice to have them back

2 - Crazy guy with a knife? I'm in :)

3 - Would that bonus be fixed, or temporary? Also I think these bonuses must be reserved to one type of weapon per survivor class, one that's not the specialization ones (doesn`t make sense to give the same reward to a fighter for using a LMG and a medic for using the same LMG). This would lead to more varied playstyles.

4 - I like the idea, but I think that instead of making a fixed time (minutes) it should be percentage (let's say 10%), and it must be able to be used together with a UCS book (I mean, I have the 50% one and I would hate to not be able to use it because I started the research on my deathmobile).

5 - That would defeat the entire purpose of "event items". People who spent a lot of time and effort (or money) crafting them wouldn't be thrilled to see them dropping for free in the island, don't you think?

About EXO items...

Was thinking, what if Con changes the whole Halloween thematic for 2017? He would only make those items available for a certain amount of bucks. (NOT against Con trying to earn some cash). Maybe he does not and adds new stuff, but we'll have to wait and see, right?

Here's my feedback:

1. Why make them purely cosmetic? Why not give them special stats? This would make locations more unique.

You mean like, I dunno, the construction worker zombie is a bit more resistant to melee damage? But, what about the zombie cops or doctors? We have weapon-wielding zombies with the Elites.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

You mean like, I dunno, the construction worker zombie is a bit more resistant to melee damage? But, what about the zombie cops or doctors? We have weapon-wielding zombies with the Elites.

Well, there could be zombies that wield weapons that aren't elites (like 2015's berserkers). But even just small stat changes would be nice 

Glock59

Glock59
  • 80 posts

Well, there could be zombies that wield weapons that aren't elites (like 2015's berserkers). But even just small stat changes would be nice 

Or/and (maybe) somekind of unique traits like the uncommon infected (zombies) in left 4 dead 2.

Note: I don't think it's good so if you disagree it. It's ok

Edited by Glock59, 11 January 2017 - 04:53 PM.

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 23 posts

Or/and (maybe) somekind of unique traits like the uncommon infected (zombies) in left 4 dead 2.

Note: I don't think it's good so if you disagree it. It's ok

But they would be purely cosmetic. Though I like the idea of, let's say, some cop zombies with police batons and, like the zombies in RE6, with a pistol/shotgun but aiming poorly and shooting in a random direction. (Same for some military/HERC zombies) or construction worker zombies with sledgehammers, shovels, hammers and pipes. 

Still, I guess that's why we have Elites. They somehow fulfill that role and we do not have people being "I quit this game 'cause zombies with weapons too OP, too many and killing my survivors"

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 23 posts

I was thinking of something like this:

X released a new variant of his bersekers. An Elite Berseker, not a runner, that, when spawned, comes with two or three normal 'zekers and gives some sort of special reward (only for Halloween or another special event or just because). Or maybe an addition to Terror Dome. 

Glock59

Glock59
  • 80 posts

But they would be purely cosmetic. Though I like the idea of, let's say, some cop zombies with police batons and, like the zombies in RE6, with a pistol/shotgun but aiming poorly and shooting in a random direction. (Same for some military/HERC zombies) or construction worker zombies with sledgehammers, shovels, hammers and pipes. 

Still, I guess that's why we have Elites. They somehow fulfill that role and we do not have people being "I quit this game 'cause zombies with weapons too OP, too many and killing my survivors"

Seems ok, but zombies that fire guns?! That is toooooo Dead Rising

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

I disagree. Elites differ heavily from normal infected because they have a huge health increase and damage increase.

Simply having a few slightly rarer infected types with basic melee that do a bit more damage and have around if not the same health as normal infected wouldn't be that much of a leap imo.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,723 posts

I would like to see those super fast blade wielding zeds we had for an event a few years ago. They didn't have ballistic defence, but were scary because they kept you on your toes. 

Con would need to fix the trap explosion bug first though, where survivors rush around aimlessly.

passing player

passing player
  • 463 posts

My ideas for the new types of infected:

Construction Worker:

wears a plastic helmet and carries some kind of working equipment, say sledgehammer or pipe. They do a little more (not too much) damage to survivors. the helmet means slight melee resistance.

occasional Military, Police and HERC zombies: has a gun (or in Police, a baton) in its hands due to rigor mortis, but cannot fire it and uses it as a club instead. do a bit more damage. otherwise just like normal variants.

and like that.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

My ideas for the new types of infected:

Construction Worker:

wears a plastic helmet and carries some kind of working equipment, say sledgehammer or pipe. They do a little more (not too much) damage to survivors. the helmet means slight melee resistance.

occasional Military, Police and HERC zombies: has a gun (or in Police, a baton) in its hands due to rigor mortis, but cannot fire it and uses it as a club instead. do a bit more damage. otherwise just like normal variants.

and like that.

Maybe the sledgehammer zeds could have a much higher stun/knockback chance but are never runners?

I certainly like all of these ideas, more zed types and versions of them would spice gameplay up for sure.

Door_Nail

Door_Nail
  • 11 posts

I think 1 & 7 are the more realistic ideas and seem to be the easiest for con to work on. Number 6 would be cool, crafting a revival kit would also be a great way to encourage greater fuel use/buying and have tiered revival kits that are crafted based on components (anesthetics/bandages etc.) and medical bench level. Revival kit level 1 brings back a survivor with 25% hp. And every tier up would be plus 10% of total hp restored. No more than 75% though to keep it balanced since in the field you'd be looking at crazy glue, duct tape and a slap to the face. As for number 4 I think the deathmobile research is a bit off though. The DMU already has the set max time at 5 min unless you are using the long way home book. Maybe though craft-able customization? I like the idea of having Tail fins, sweet flames on the side or even a custom hood ornament. Zed heads on sticks, or even some candelabras over the headlights duke of New York style.  And as far as number 3 goes. I don't really see that as being the best use of that sort of material. I mean being a master of your specialized weapons type for your role as a survivor is a cool idea. But if the survivor was to be retrained I could see a lot of players taking issue with the "hard work" they put into getting that many kills with the weapon of choice and then switching the survivor's role and being mad as all that the bonus didn't carry over. There are already the achievements awarded for kills with weapons classes, so I think that con has already done that and that's what will stay. But an interesting twist would be to, say after the achievement was finished gain fuel for every X more kills with the weapon type. Like going over the max achievement level of kills with grenades ( I am terrible at the fragger ones) by 15 zombies nets you +5 fuel or something. As for the Exo stuff. Yeah, no. Just no. I wasn't a fan of the event myself. I don't mind crafting events but the exo gear as just... meh. Something more holloween oriented would have been better. That's just me on that one. All in all though you have some very interesting ideas and I really hope Con almighty reads these over.