Photo

Possible Hacker Found

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 18 posts

I received a raid log and if you look at the timer, the raid had 642 seconds timer instead of the regular 480 seconds.

I'd like to know if this is a bug or if the player found some sort of cheat to extend the timer in a raid.

Here is a screenshot of the raid log

https://gyazo.com/27...d7167be9dcc128f

Thanks for your time

passing player

passing player
  • 432 posts

Just saying, 642 seconds exceed 10 minutes. (10 and 3/4 minutes)

there isn't even 10 minutes on the Island.

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 77 posts

I thought it was simply due to the game freezing since the clock runs even when the game freezes but that doesn't explain the leader being downed after the time has supposedly run out and then additional time passing.

Any response from the devs would be much appreciated and one hopes it's simply a glitch.

chris327

chris327
  • 65 posts
I'd like an explanation from the devs as well on this. I'll ask hakim when I see him as well. But if it was on purpose wouldn't he make it longer to get the flag? I've seen reports 10 to 20 seconds over time. But not that long ever.

3ggg

Sev

Sev
  • 546 posts

There could be a few reasons for this.  I will have to look into it.

The most likely scenario is that there is some sort of latency between the client an the server.  The server records the log items using its own clock, so if the client is running slow, they could be out of whack.

This could be because of a coding issue on my part - The server might be starting the match before the client is ready, hence throwing everything off on a slow connection.  It could also be an accumulative thing.

Worst case is that the client is using some sort of SpeedHack and slowing the client down on purpose, but that would raise some other flags that would make it easy to identify.

I don't want to start a witch hunt here, so please refrain from labelling people hackers until we have some definite proof.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 18 posts

So, any news?

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 18 posts

It's been 2 weeks, are the devs gonna do anything about it?

Come on, either a guy hacked the game to get longer raid timer or there is a huge bug that will compromise PVP

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

If they're banned, they're banned, if not, they aren't. As long as he isn't constantly raiding you with this long a timer, this shouldn't be a problem.

Also to add, he couldn't do anything to you but down your survivors even with the extended time. Chill the hell out....

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 18 posts

Any news on this?

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 18 posts

I know you probably find me annoying, but this is a big issue for multiple players on kong. If you could please spare a little bit of time to look into it, it would be greatly appreciated. It's been almost 6 weeks since that raid happened and we would love an update on the issue.

Thanks