122 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,152 posts

alliance-tasks.jpg

Con

Con
  • 4,152 posts
Just to give you all a bit more detail, here's how it will work.

- Points are only awarded if you 100% scavenge a location
- Points are based on the location level
- The points gained from doing this are minimal, raiding for WP will gain about 5x as many points (edit: to clarify, this was based off the lower points from raiding)
- You can do both PVP and PVE, there's no restriction there
- ALL points have been adjusted to introduce this, you'll now get up to 120 pts per raid, but the reward requirements are higher

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

I wish Mr Wurstl would respect PvE players a little more ...

Let's see what this will be :)

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

wurstl just ignore chery.. chery always like that, never change...so what kind price can get inside warbox pvE ??

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

so what kind price can get inside warbox pvE ??

I think it's the same prizes regardless how you earn points. Just get the required amount for the box, either with looting or raiding. I'm interested to see how much you can earn with looting since I have no interest in raiding at lvl 55, for me it is just plain boring.

Furryicecubes

Furryicecubes
  • 144 posts

And there it is. The death of PVP. 

So raiding is 5x greater than running missions? Great.

With a DMU I can run constant 5 man missions and run what? 12 an hour maybe (at 5 mins per mission)? So in any 2 hour period I can run 24 missions meaning that's the equivalent of 4.8 sucessful raids.

All this while hiding behind my WF, running my genny and then scoring just as much fuel from war boxes and potentially 1-3 ranking rewards.

I knew there was a reason I'd pretty much stopped playing.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 132 posts
Bruh. Con. Thank yooou
I promise I won't ask for anything else for the rest of forever
Just hope this doesn't widen the crack formed b/t the two player groups

Maricon

Maricon
  • 11 posts
I really hope a full white flag PVE alliance manages to win the war without firing a single shot just to show how crazy this idea is.

Hopefully con manages to balance the points system really carefully so it actually works.

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 110 posts

Finally :)

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 535 posts

This looks awesome cant wait. 

just wondering if  white flag users will be able to make points?

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

This looks awesome cant wait. 

just wondering if  white flag users will be able to make points?

I think so or will you make all PvE players who focus on defending vs Zombies war targets?

Many taskers asked in the past to get a reward for their effort in wars .... here it is.

Keksode

Keksode
  • 16 posts

I'm really looking forward to this update! It's great and I can't wait for it.

But it surely needs the right balance between PvE war points and getting the points the classical way through PvP.

1) I have a DMU myself, but DMU users shouldn't profit too much from it in my opinion. I like that the game still isn't pay 2 win, and it should stay like that. Some of the recent changes slightly went in that direction, like reducing the rewards of the (free) infected bounties by adding common clothing or the introduction of the (not free) Terror Dome, which gives players with enough fuel access to additional items.

2) Classical PvP should still be attractive. They're an important part of the community in my opinion and should not be discouraged.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts

So raiding is 5x greater than running missions? Great.

With a DMU I can run constant 5 man missions and run what? 12 an hour maybe (at 5 mins per mission)? So in any 2 hour period I can run 24 missions meaning that's the equivalent of 4.8 sucessful raids.

That's going to be a very big problem. It's not hard at all to have 100% searched containers in a mission, and PVP players will be at a great disadvantage against PVE players with DMU/UCS.

War points should be earned for contributing to the war effort (which means, helping complete the war tasks with donations and stuff), not just running missions.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

con hates this game now

Sure they do. That is why they are creating content for it and wasting their working hours on maintaining and updating it. Don't be petty just because You don't like an update they made for Everyone to enjoy. Just because you don't (even though you haven't even tested it yet) doesn't mean it is going to "ruin" the game.

Whaaambulance, anyone?

ryanclark1

ryanclark1
  • 4 posts

Honestly I think war points are meant for those who raid(war) with other alliances, not for those who loot around. If they loot and complete a or all the war tasks then should be awarded points. But for just looting and searching everything? that sounds too easy to me.

Edited by ryanclark1, 25 January 2017 - 08:26 PM.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Real problem is DMU and getting warpoints for every mission you do.

What about being able to get war points from missions just every 2 hours so its equal to retun time from raids?

If you wanna score more you have to speed up the timer .... same as return times from raids.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 601 posts

LOL at first I thought this was cool as i`m a PVE player but after seeing some good points made by players that are not Wurstl i`mma going to have to agree with the PVP players

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Please tell me you can't get points from areas far below your current level, so level 55 DMU users can't scour the entirety of riverside in an hour or two and get hundreds of points.

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 261 posts

I want trade points now.

(lol)

Edited by Cybertraxx, 26 January 2017 - 12:37 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

Kinda meh on the idea.    The individual war rewards boxes were intended (as I understand it) to be an incentive to raid when you weren't in the top three alliances  and//or in the top 10 in points in said alliances. -- this takes away from that.

I think there ought to be a cap on the number of points you can earn through missions (much like the daily fuel cap from scavenging).   I would personally set it such that a player who is moderately active (i.e. logs on daily and no DMU) would be able to earn the lowest tier box through missions.

The higher tier rewards should be exclusive domain of the raiding imho, otherwise it completely defeats their purpose.

Additionally, without a cap DMU players could really run havoc on alliance wars.   Sure raiding gives five times the points, but DMU players can run ten times the missions without breaking a sweat.