143 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

alliance-tasks.jpg

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts
Just to give you all a bit more detail, here's how it will work.

- Points are only awarded if you 100% scavenge a location
- Points are based on the location level
- The points gained from doing this are minimal, raiding for WP will gain about 5x as many points (edit: to clarify, this was based off the lower points from raiding)
- You can do both PVP and PVE, there's no restriction there
- ALL points have been adjusted to introduce this, you'll now get up to 120 pts per raid, but the reward requirements are higher

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

..so crappy PVE bases that are only designed to hold a zed attack off will become more warpoints worth now for their looting activity. they mix under our normal wartargets so we will have more weak compounds worth more points right?

my next alt will be 9 recons :V

good move con to promote low budget 1-2men raiding, i didnt expect this from you tbh^... but this type of raiding isnt the real fight between 5 fully armed attackers vs. 10 fully armed defenders. I whish players would respect old honest old school raiding a little more instead of cheap, nasty 1 or 2 men scouting, stealing flags from empty compounds or zed defenses.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

I wish Mr Wurstl would respect PvE players a little more ...

Let's see what this will be :)

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

lol cherry you can control your urge to blaspheme.. only use the content i write.. dont be a bigot, just stay on topic.

show others some respect and maybe one day they will respect you back.^

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

wurstl just ignore chery.. chery always like that, never change...so what kind price can get inside warbox pvE ??

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

so back to topic... 120pts for a raid.. cant await to see what the chages are about.

I could imagine a ittle penalty in points for smashing a big amount of structures. This may get control over maxx's, lancey's and PD's smashingmadness.

edit: bad idea: nadejobs

Edited by Wurstl, 25 January 2017 - 01:59 PM.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

so what kind price can get inside warbox pvE ??

I think it's the same prizes regardless how you earn points. Just get the required amount for the box, either with looting or raiding. I'm interested to see how much you can earn with looting since I have no interest in raiding at lvl 55, for me it is just plain boring.

Furryicecubes

Furryicecubes
  • 143 posts

And there it is. The death of PVP. 

So raiding is 5x greater than running missions? Great.

With a DMU I can run constant 5 man missions and run what? 12 an hour maybe (at 5 mins per mission)? So in any 2 hour period I can run 24 missions meaning that's the equivalent of 4.8 sucessful raids.

All this while hiding behind my WF, running my genny and then scoring just as much fuel from war boxes and potentially 1-3 ranking rewards.

I knew there was a reason I'd pretty much stopped playing.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 117 posts
Bruh. Con. Thank yooou
I promise I won't ask for anything else for the rest of forever
Just hope this doesn't widen the crack formed b/t the two player groups

Maricon

Maricon
  • 11 posts
I really hope a full white flag PVE alliance manages to win the war without firing a single shot just to show how crazy this idea is.

Hopefully con manages to balance the points system really carefully so it actually works.

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 98 posts

Finally :)

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 505 posts

This looks awesome cant wait. 

just wondering if  white flag users will be able to make points?

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

This looks awesome cant wait. 

just wondering if  white flag users will be able to make points?

I think so or will you make all PvE players who focus on defending vs Zombies war targets?

Many taskers asked in the past to get a reward for their effort in wars .... here it is.

Keksode

Keksode
  • 16 posts

I'm really looking forward to this update! It's great and I can't wait for it.

But it surely needs the right balance between PvE war points and getting the points the classical way through PvP.

1) I have a DMU myself, but DMU users shouldn't profit too much from it in my opinion. I like that the game still isn't pay 2 win, and it should stay like that. Some of the recent changes slightly went in that direction, like reducing the rewards of the (free) infected bounties by adding common clothing or the introduction of the (not free) Terror Dome, which gives players with enough fuel access to additional items.

2) Classical PvP should still be attractive. They're an important part of the community in my opinion and should not be discouraged.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 363 posts

So raiding is 5x greater than running missions? Great.

With a DMU I can run constant 5 man missions and run what? 12 an hour maybe (at 5 mins per mission)? So in any 2 hour period I can run 24 missions meaning that's the equivalent of 4.8 sucessful raids.

That's going to be a very big problem. It's not hard at all to have 100% searched containers in a mission, and PVP players will be at a great disadvantage against PVE players with DMU/UCS.

War points should be earned for contributing to the war effort (which means, helping complete the war tasks with donations and stuff), not just running missions.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

why not call it mission pts? where is the logic? we only want to challenge other players for the same that we are doing: PVP alliance war and having to fight hard for good points. raiders who dont defend well, leaving empty or defend weak should be punished in warpoints for failing in skill of building decent defenses or managing the game, time, trade, money, luck. same goes for those who cannot use gamephysics good enough under stress under time = raidingskill .... this is what war is about.

the idea with Terror Dome Ranking system was nice.. ppl have fun seeing their names on top of a list and keep trying to stay there. a part of players never ever play TD while others have huge fun with it. we are all having fun. other ppl never run manual missions and only trade and raid. so why not a league for missions?

I only cant get what mission and war has to do with eachother.

looting a dead container is not a war!!! - its game activity

call it acivity points but dont abuse the term "war" for it.

We have all fought extremely tough battles of dead zone war since aliancewars exists.

Please don't make us all look like idiots to ourselves now.

Edited by Wurstl, 25 January 2017 - 09:14 PM.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

con hates this game now

Sure they do. That is why they are creating content for it and wasting their working hours on maintaining and updating it. Don't be petty just because You don't like an update they made for Everyone to enjoy. Just because you don't (even though you haven't even tested it yet) doesn't mean it is going to "ruin" the game.

Whaaambulance, anyone?

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 39 posts

That's going to be a very big problem. It's not hard at all to have 100% searched containers in a mission, and PVP players will be at a great disadvantage against PVE players with DMU/UCS.

War points should be earned for contributing to the war effort (which means, helping complete the war tasks with donations and stuff), not just running missions.

I agree, for rpk raiders like me it's also super easy to do missions. I've calculated that with this new system I could score 10x more points doing missions than doing raids every 2 hours. If missions give 4-5 war points each and raids give 100-120 war points each on hard targets, then it would be balanced. If raids only give 5x more war points, every DMUer will earn WAY more points doing missions than raids.

ryanclark1

ryanclark1
  • 4 posts

Honestly I think war points are meant for those who raid(war) with other alliances, not for those who loot around. If they loot and complete a or all the war tasks then should be awarded points. But for just looting and searching everything? that sounds too easy to me.

Edited by ryanclark1, 25 January 2017 - 08:26 PM.