Photo

Tasker Update - Alliance War [ Preview ]

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Real problem is DMU and getting warpoints for every mission you do.

What about being able to get war points from missions just every 2 hours so its equal to retun time from raids?

If you wanna score more you have to speed up the timer .... same as return times from raids.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

Sure they do. That is why they are creating content for it and wasting their working hours on maintaining and updating it. Don't be petty just because You don't like an update they made for Everyone to enjoy. Just because you don't (even though you haven't even tested it yet) doesn't mean it is going to "ruin" the game.

Whaaambulance, anyone?

i was editing this and you quoted it you ass XD

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 496 posts

LOL at first I thought this was cool as i`m a PVE player but after seeing some good points made by players that are not Wurstl i`mma going to have to agree with the PVP players

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Please tell me you can't get points from areas far below your current level, so level 55 DMU users can't scour the entirety of riverside in an hour or two and get hundreds of points.

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 259 posts

I want trade points now.

(lol)

Edited by Cybertraxx, 26 January 2017 - 12:37 AM.

lael

lael
  • 224 posts

Taskers are vital to every alliance war effort as team members and should be able to contribute to their alliance's over all war point effort and reap the rewards if they qualify, period.  Alot of effort has been given to make the alliance system more equitable for all players, those who raid and those who do not, those with dmu upgrades and ones without...who said "you cannot please all the people all the time?"

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,150 posts

Kinda meh on the idea.    The individual war rewards boxes were intended (as I understand it) to be an incentive to raid when you weren't in the top three alliances  and//or in the top 10 in points in said alliances. -- this takes away from that.

I think there ought to be a cap on the number of points you can earn through missions (much like the daily fuel cap from scavenging).   I would personally set it such that a player who is moderately active (i.e. logs on daily and no DMU) would be able to earn the lowest tier box through missions.

The higher tier rewards should be exclusive domain of the raiding imho, otherwise it completely defeats their purpose.

Additionally, without a cap DMU players could really run havoc on alliance wars.   Sure raiding gives five times the points, but DMU players can run ten times the missions without breaking a sweat.

chris327

chris327
  • 76 posts
I just came back to playing after a long time off. The new point system seems stupid and this change will make it worse. I've noticed war isn't longer about getting 20 to 25 point targets but more about sending 4 2man teams and 2 1man teams to raid. You can get more points this way. Raid 2 15 point targets and 1 free 5 point flag you get 35 points with the same amount of survivors as the 5 man team needed to take a 20 point flag. This will o ly make it worse as those over players worth 5 with free flag might be worth 15 now. So it will drive wars to really become free flag grabbing and easy defense 2 man for the win. Seems like your killing the raiding aspect of the game here. When the old point system was there you didn't get anything for the free flags who didn't raid or alliance didn't raid. War involved more skill in that time to get active Raiders flags. Just my 2 cents. 3ggg

Skull_crusherr

Skull_crusherr
  • 5 posts

i agree that pve players deserve rewards too, its only fair. But war points really? that's just stupid, no disrespect to con. i think rather they should get a loot box reward just has raiders get a box based on war points, seems more to me like someone wants to see a spike in dmu sales

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

Oh I forgot to mention, the War Reward costs have been increased dramatically as well (proportionally to the Raiding WP). You'll need to run a lot of manual missions to even get the first tier. There's also nothing stopping raiders from supplementing your points with missions.

It's fun to speculate though, I get it.

Skull_crusherr

Skull_crusherr
  • 5 posts

con on a non related topic to this , i asked sev the other day if hunter headwear will be tradable soon and he told me you make all those descions.do you have any input for me? :) would just like to know weather there worth keeping as there starting to clog my inventory

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

con on a non related topic to this , i asked sev the other day if hunter headwear will be tradable soon and he told me you make all those descions.do you have any input for me? :) would just like to know weather there worth keeping as there starting to clog my inventory

No plans for that, they're meant to be special :P How many do you have?

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 496 posts

Oh I forgot to mention, the War Reward costs have been increased dramatically as well (proportionally to the Raiding WP). You'll need to run a lot of manual missions to even get the first tier. 

So like 70% to 80% percent of the city map?

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 26 January 2017 - 03:44 AM.

Skull_crusherr

Skull_crusherr
  • 5 posts

No plans for that, they're meant to be special :P How many do you have?

awww shucks :/ lol i have 7 ravens 8 pyscos 13 wolves 6 soldiers and 4 sir roundtables

Jaxx

Jaxx
  • 20 posts

Just to give you all a bit more detail, here's how it will work. 

- Points are only awarded if you 100% scavenge a location

- Points are based on the location level

- The points gained from doing this are minimal, raiding for WP will gain about 5x as many points

- You can do both PVP and PVE, there's no restriction there

- ALL points have been adjusted to introduce this, you'll now get up to 120 pts per raid, but the reward requirements are higher

So if im PVE during the war, and using white flag, can i still score war points from looting ?

Furryicecubes

Furryicecubes
  • 143 posts

As a few others have asked the big factor in this is can a WF player earn these "War" points for the boxes?

And as to proportionate increases, (I'm guessing here) a 300% increase in the box values since that's the approximate increase in the WP's from raiding (30 (ish being the highest I've seen) -> 120).

So lets take the level 3 box, which is currently 650 points, under the new system that's 2.6k points, at a max of 24 (1/5th of the 120 figure mentioned) that means you'd need to run:

2,600 / 24 = 109 fully scavenged missions.

at 5 minutes per mission (average) that's 545 minutes, or just over 9 hours. 

Let's make it slightly more realistic and use an average of 15 points per mission to account for running out of highest point missions.

2,600 / 15 = 174 fully scavenged missions

at 5 minutes per mission (average) that's 870 minutes, or 14.50 hours.

Over a 6 day war round that equates to 2.5 hours a day or constant missions. Which let's be honest is more than doable, and we all know there are plenty of players that will get that within 3 days.

Now lets compare that to raids

Using an average of 80 points per raid that:s

2,600 / 80 = 33 successful raids.

So, assuming someone uses 3 raiding teams, that's 22 hours of return times. For non alt players, the average points value will be lower, and they are more likely to only be able to win using 5 man teams, plus they are highly unlikely to operate at 100% attacking efficiency, so factoring those in:

Average of 60 points per sucessful raid, at a success rate of 75%.

2.600 / 60 = 44 Sucessful raids, meaning (44/.75) = 59 raids total.

That gives us 108 hours of return times, or over a 6 day war round 18 hours per day. Obviously that's the return times, not the play time needed, but 90% of serious PVP alliances are not happy with people that leave their base empty since it offers out free points to their competition.

In terms of the play time for 59 total raids you are looking at (average 6 mins per raid) 59 * 6 = 354 minutes or just under 6 hours of actual play time. 

I appreciate that this is "speculation" however, it's based on the information you've given us Con. If you don't want us to speculate, give us some damm details of things.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 156 posts

I have a bad feeling about this...I guess it'll be riddled with bugs :( (I'm just really concerned what will this turn out to be,an awesome feature or a bug laden update and I really hope it's the 1st one :) )

but yeah,still a nice feature/update :D

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 26 January 2017 - 11:55 AM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 156 posts

Just to give you all a bit more detail, here's how it will work. 

- Points are only awarded if you 100% scavenge a location

- Points are based on the location level

- The points gained from doing this are minimal, raiding for WP will gain about 5x as many points

- You can do both PVP and PVE, there's no restriction there

- ALL points have been adjusted to introduce this, you'll now get up to 120 pts per raid, but the reward requirements are higher

one question,does AI raiding counts as a raid or a mission?

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 156 posts

We have all fought extremely tough battles of dead zone war since aliancewars exists.

Please don't make us all look like idiots to ourselves now.

it could help you earn more points :) and btw,it'll never make us look like fools(it could improve the competency and the diversity of an alliance and allows hybrid players flourish and raise among the ranks)

Sure they do. That is why they are creating content for it and wasting their working hours on maintaining and updating it. Don't be petty just because You don't like an update they made for Everyone to enjoy. Just because you don't (even though you haven't even tested it yet) doesn't mean it is going to "ruin" the game.

Whaaambulance, anyone?

ohhh snap...

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 156 posts

*eats popcorn and cooks steak with the heat coming from this thread*

*eats more popcorn*

...aaaaannnd it's over

Edited by Alexandra_Black, 26 January 2017 - 12:16 PM.