Photo

Tasker Update - Alliance War [ Preview ]

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I agree with Con's decision to not let WF looters to be eligible for war boxes since We (me included as a WF donator) actively opt out of the "war" part of alliance wars. We still get to enjoy the tokens and boosts and personally I find that more than enough.

And to quickly answer to "without WF I would get trashed" in my own experience that is in no way the norm of the raiders. I tried going without my WF for a while and had no such experiences. Zero trashers. Plenty of raiders.

I think that this new update is a very good addition to the Alliance Wars and should be treated as such. It is a good balance for raiders to get something more than ammo and supplies from missions and gives active donators something to aspire to. Very well done, all in all.

Disastra

Disastra
  • 31 posts

Why would tasking donators have anything to aspire to if they're not earning any points?  There's no balance at all to this, only raiders will gain, peaceful taskers get nothing.  

As for not being 'trashed' you've been lucky then.  I've already seen people in chat saying they can't wait to trash all the taskers who remove wf as well as steal their fuel/resouces.  

Had it not been touted as a reward for taskers I wouldn't be so annoyed, but it was and it isn't at all.

Edited by Disastra, 27 January 2017 - 02:20 PM.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 601 posts

Why are people raging so hard about how con and co are setting up this update? I`m part of the 5% or so of the playerbase that has a DMU AND I have a WF on so you would think I would be raging like the rest of PVE players but I`m not.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Why would tasking donators have anything to aspire to if they're not earning any points?

My point was that taskers have the points To aspire For. If they remove the WF, that is. And maybe I have been lucky with not getting trashed, just don't believe that it is as wide spread issue as everyone seems to think.

Just relax and see where this goes. Like Con said, nothing is set in stone.

Disastra

Disastra
  • 31 posts

I saw that nothing is set in stone, and am pleased about that.  However, if no-one voices their opinion against the idea of excluding wf looters then it's a possibility this aspect gets ignored or forgotten about. There could be a lower tier of rewards for super-looters that have no bearing on the 'war' boxes maybe.  

Currently all this update as it stands means is that the same alliances that lead now will gain more points and the ones that don't still won't so there's no change really. Making an update is an opportunity to add something for the peaceable who love the game in their own way.

Regarding trashing I speak from knowledge not rumour. Quite apart from people also bragging openly about doing it.

Unfortunately I know of players that were constantly trashed once protection stopped, by the neighbours they'd helped out whilst under protection and blissfully unaware they were drawing attention to themselves.  Sadly those trashers mostly had all uni gear/weapons, either alts or paid for keys to buy in trade, few players can afford to do that to defend themselves and can't save fuel whilst it is happening to get wf.  The field is not level.

Anyway, I shall indeed wait and see. I shall also hope that those who chose to play, for as much time as anyone else, notwithstanding in a different way, will not be left out entirely.

Con

Con
  • 4,152 posts

wbmpRoj.jpg

It's ok. Take a breath. All of this was highly speculative. Like Sev said, we'll look at the numbers and analytics we get back after launch and make adjustments. 

What we're looking for is a balance for both sides, it's not US vs THEM, it's not us trying to force raiding on people. We're just trying to open up options in the most fair way for everyone. 

I guess I can't say it enough. Nothing is set in stone, everything is in flux. 

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 601 posts

wbmpRoj.jpg

It's ok. Take a breath. All of this was highly speculative. Like Sev said, we'll look at the numbers and analytics we get back after launch and make adjustments. 

What we're looking for is a balance for both sides, it's not US vs THEM, it's not us trying to force raiding on people. We're just trying to open up options in the most fair way for everyone. 

TBH i think i`m the only one who understands this 

Disastra

Disastra
  • 31 posts

Thanks for the clarification.  Good to know you're thinking of all of us and still working on the game too.  :)

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

lol awesome graphic Con.

And yes I know nothing is set in stone, as you said, it's fun to "speculate" though.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Well Con, Sev and you threw in different numbers and made us speculate, so dont complain plase ;)

Waiting for the update to become live :)

Furryicecubes

Furryicecubes
  • 144 posts

wbmpRoj.jpg

If the numbers aren't set in stone, then I have a completely off the wall idea for you. Ask the community for feedback on numbers rather than simply stating them, with widly different figures from yourself to those posted by Sev a day or so later.

Well Con, Sev and you threw in different numbers and made us speculate, so dont complain plase ;)

Waiting for the update to become live :)

As Cherry says, you give numbers, we'll give feedback on them, and we'll speculate on them. Especially when they seem so massively out of kilter with where they should be that they look like complete game changers.

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 282 posts

To all the guys complaining about getting raided. Don't run the genny and put your flag out. When I take off WF I've been raided ~100 times and only once did anyone break something.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

Separate boxes for donators would probably be a better option than just the WF thing....

Since the potential rewards of those warpoints are outstripped by the unprotected generator which could have been run.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

wbmpRoj.jpg

I love pudding, as well as this update!

And speaking of numbers, a certain video game is hitting it's 5th anniversary next month :D

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 53 posts

Mission points are much lower than Raiding Points 

... like, much much lower.  I think that Con said that PvP points were about 5 times, but in actual fact I think it is closer to 20 times.  The easiest mission areas are about 1/20th of what the lowest PvP level would be.  In fact, with the rewards being scaled up, I think the Mission points could actually be too low at the moment, but we will wait and see.

This part is fair....At least we won't need to afraid that the balance of war would be ruined by the DMU players.. Even though the mission point is much lower than the raiding point,but this still make the PVE players can play their role to contribute for the alliance war.

The White Flag is in effect

That means, if you put on a white flag, you can't get points. I'm sure there will be mixed feeling about this one, but we thought this was the fairest thing.

The raid points system should ensure that non raiders aren't at the top of anyone's target list, but it will also mean that they aren't immune to attacks either.  You may not want to raid, but you will probably still want to defend your compound a bit.

However, I don't really like this part... From my previous experience,there have a lot of PVE players in the alliances,which equipped with the white flag book. As they want to get rid of the annoying trashing from other player. Unfortunately,the white flag will prohibit the PVE players to acquire their mission point....Although this move is not really forcing other players to raid or remove their white flag. This just sound meaningless as I don't think they would remove their white flag for retaking the risk of being annoyed by other raiders and the war boxes,regardless are they willing to raid or not.

At other point...why we can't make a slightly change on this part? Just allow the players equip with White Flag can acquire their mission point through regular mission. But they would have a scoring penalty(I am not sure are there have better words to replace,as English is my secondary language,I can't really handle it very well.)

For example, the player without White Flag can get 1/20th of the war point from regular mission,when comparing to raiding other players. While the player equipped White Flag still can acquire their war point,but just fewer..Maybe 1/25 or 1/30.. At least I hope Con would not excluding out the players with white flag from the alliance wars. Since they may need to run more mission than the player without white flag to acquire sufficient war point for their reward. I think this change still able to make the war more fair to both PVP and PVE players....

Finally, and most importantly, all of this is fluid.

Nothing is set in stone.  

We have taken our best guess at what we think is the right balance, but I am sure that it will have to be adjusted.  We will just want to see the data before we do.  

I hope the dev team would keep adjusting the war systems. And make more players can play their unique role in the alliance wars,regardless equipping White Flag or not.

At last,I also have a non-related question to the dev team...Will your team remove the red-eye effect on the infected? As that was the special effect for the Halloween event exclusively,and the effect still haven't removed with the end of the Halloween...

Edited some spelling mistakes..

Edited by Hakusai, 29 January 2017 - 01:47 PM.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I only hope this new thing will force long term WFers to build strong defenses and raise demand in raiding stuff in trade and not only forces them to put their flags outside or dismantle every military structures to prevent getting smashed. Not that a simple sheet of paper and a pen will become the new best megaexploit of all times for 1man raiders.

What is your deal? :( Why do you want to force one way of playing on everyone else? That is highly selfish behaviour, just cut it out.

Vectoorr

Vectoorr
  • 5 posts

What is your deal? :( Why do you want to force one way of playing on everyone else? That is highly selfish behaviour, just cut it out.

No one wants to force nobody, but its not fair pve players keep WF and still fight for these war boxes, if they want the box they need to fight too, otherwise just keep with WF and play the way they want :)

Disastra

Disastra
  • 31 posts

No one wants to force nobody, but its not fair pve players keep WF and still fight for these war boxes, if they want the box they need to fight too, otherwise just keep with WF and play the way they want :)

So what you're saying is don't change anything, because you ca't come up with an alternative.

Vectoorr

Vectoorr
  • 5 posts

So what you're saying is don't change anything, because you ca't come up with an alternative.

No, im saying if you want to fight for war boxes, u have to take off WF... you choose your alternative, if u want the box u must fight for them, if u dont want, just keep playing the game any way you want. (again i dont see anyone forcing nobody)

Disastra

Disastra
  • 31 posts

No, im saying if you want to fight for war boxes, u have to take off WF... you choose your alternative, if u want the box u must fight for them, if u dont want, just keep playing the game any way you want. (again i dont see anyone forcing nobody)

I don't recall mentioning anyone forcing anything.  I also believe I suggested a different reward tier so that taskers weren't in direct competition with raiders and didn't have to become targets. (and it was just that, a suggestion. I'm not a dev I don't design games so I have no idea if it is possible even)  I certainly don't think it's as black and white as it appears.

Your suggestion was that people remove wf and fight; that's the choice now, already.