Photo

5 Years In The Dead Zone

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Let's take a very cautious walk down memory lane...

We've got some surprises lined up this month. So be ready! 

16406485_1231283773631037_49596593456022

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

Let's take a very cautious walk down memory lane...

We've got some surprises lined up this month. So be ready! 

I wasn't there back then, but I sure remember TLS: 1, TLS: 2, and ofc UC.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

Been playing since it first came out on Kong, really curious what you have in store.

Gonna be a interesting month...

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Been with it since the very beggining, wow, cant believe 5 years went on. So many memories...

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

Not sure if it's the right moment for this but i gotta tell you Con and CAG team, thank you, even tho i'm not as active in the game as i used to be, i remember that december when i found your game, it hooked me right away and i spent the most amazing years playing it, i witnessed all the ups and downs (the amazing updates, and the gamebreaking situations too :P ), i built my way up being a free player (it's sad thinking about this, i couldn't spend any money since i didn't have a credit card or actual money on me at that time, now that i have a job and can spend money, i don't play that much anymore :/ ), grinding, looting, waiting, spending (or wasting) my very first few fuel units on worthless stuff, getting into the trade chat, being an annoying noob posting timed books and crap stuff thinking someone may want those (and getting crap from high lv players for doing that hahaha good times) and then becoming an active regular dude in the trade chat, hanging out with all those amazing and hardcore players, learning from them, and trying to get good stuff, getting to lv 50, collecting clothings, the events... this is the best zombie/survial game i've ever played and i haven't been able to find something better in other platform or even on steam (btw i can't imagine how cool it'd be if someday you release the next TLS title for pc, i would buy that so fast), anyway, it's incredible how fast time goes by, and i'm really happy too see how far you've come with your game.

Curious about what you've got prepared and i think it is indeed time to go back... to the Dead Zone :) 

hankjwimbleton58

hankjwimbleton58
  • 31 posts

Oh god, here they come, freaking berzerkers.

But that aside, keep up the great work, Con and Co. you guys have failed to disappoint, and I'll be honest, flash games were a big chunk of my childhood. Let's see how much nostalgia you can throw at us!

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 201 posts

i only wanted to play TLS2, and get finger cramps and a rocketlauncher but instead i clicked the ads........ :(

Salif

Salif
  • 88 posts

Happy 5th anniversary.. Started on yahoo currently in armor... that was also a long road.. Keep up the great work!!

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

4 years myself, been pretty interesting seeing this game grow (and seeing the fact that it still has a pretty good population even after all this time). I know I've been a complainer but it's really just me wanting to see this game go forward and have its flaws ironed out.

Even then, I've had tons of fun talking with people on here and in the game itself.

Pretty curious to see whats down the line.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 496 posts

Started on Yahoo currently on Kong happy 5th year anniversary to dead zone. :)

Glock59

Glock59
  • 73 posts

Happy 5th anniversary to DZ, and best wish to the Dev team :)

HERC Command

HERC Command
  • 31 posts

I've got a bad feeling about this... 

"Berserkers run out and chop me to pieces." 

Still excited though.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

I've got a bad feeling about this... 

No no, they're good surprises. Promise. 

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,606 posts

Oh boy, 5 years. I have to commend you for all the work and grief you put into this. From the launch day to the trolling in GetSatisfaction(that's as far as I'll go with the DARK AGES), to all the bug fixes. You have made a wonderful game. I mean sure it doesn't have live PvP or rocket launchers, it had a good community instead.

I might have moved on from the game (and the Walking Dead (THANKS NEGAN)), but I did have some VERY fond memories.

Shine on Con.

HERC Command

HERC Command
  • 31 posts

No no, they're good surprises. Promise. 

When you say good surprises, is this something I'm going to get shot, blown up, or stabbed by? More hats or something new? Happy birthday Dead Zone!

VASH581

VASH581
  • 65 posts

When my friends braged about how they can stay in touch with a online game for 6 months, I told them I've been playing this game for more than 4 years and they screamed in disbelieve. It's been 5 years and this great game still gives us new contents and surprises. It has literally become part of my life!

Keep up the great work con!

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 97 posts

Yea, I'm older with 5 years.

Happy anniversary , and thanks Devs for the hard work :)

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,678 posts

It's been a blast :)

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

I've only been here for like 1.5 years, so I can't claim to have seen that much, mainly because I did not have an email to register for any gaming site.

But I've been supporting CAG since the first last stand games in 2008.

And to the guys on the thread:

XdWYoCa.png

It's nice hearing from the old timers, even though I'm not particularly active myself, I wholeheartedly remember the memories I have had, both good and bad.

Babap

Babap
  • 93 posts

1st Era of Dead Zone  -  When I first started:

Nothing much, all by myself.   No trade, no chat. All I think about is how to upgrade more, get more survivors and stuff.

2nd Era - When Chat is implemented:

This is where I say the rise of the game begins, I spend a lot more time chatting with others. Dead Zone is no longer so dull and boring.

3rd Era - When trade and Uniques/Rares are implemented:

This is like the Renaissance of the Dead Zone. Everybody has something to fight for, and more reason to search and search again. This has kept many people, including me to stay.

4th Era - When new areas keeps opening up: A Brave New World 

So many curious stuff coming....

5th Era - Change of Survivor recovery system

Rather than wasting time doing nothing, I can do stuff even if I am injured! YAY!

6th Era - Alliances and Bounty Office

Finally! I turned from a peaceful guy to an all out raider that once made it to the top 10 notorious list.

7th Era - The Dark Era

The year that I left Dead Zone because of University.... I honestly thought I would never come back

8th Era - Reborn like a phoenix, returning to dead zone and found out much much more suprizes along the way

UNION ISLAND! At long last!   It has attracted me back to the Dead zone till this day.

CONCLUSION:  Con, you never cease to amaze me with your ideas.  Looking forward to see what you have got.