• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

ea-fullmail.jpg

Release Date - OUT NOW!

Warfare Online - Steam Store

When you're there - make sure to add the game to your Wishlist and Follow to keep up to date with events and updates. 

Most of you are already prepared, but for those of you who aren't - make sure you sign up for your Con Artist Games account in advance. That way you will be able to play as soon as the game is up and running. 

FeedTheZombies

FeedTheZombies
  • 54 posts

This will run on my crappy laptop right? (it has no GPU)

Edited by FeedTheZombies, 02 February 2017 - 10:49 AM.

Glock59

Glock59
  • 78 posts

As long as it's playable. Man i'm really exciting for this game :)

Edited by Glock59, 02 February 2017 - 11:33 AM.

KwoonTheNope

KwoonTheNope
  • 37 posts

My craptop can run Skyrim at 30-60 FPS, even with tons of mods that are GPU-intensive.

But when I go above medium settings in WO closed beta, I get alot shutters but not crashes (yet).

Edited by KwoonTheNope, 02 February 2017 - 02:23 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

My craptop can run Skyrim at 30-60 FPS, even with tons of mods that are GPU-intensive.

But when I go above medium settings in WO closed beta, I get alot shutters but not crashes (yet).

We've done a few optimization passes since the beta, including heavily reducing the size of textures and removing lots of LOD objects. Overall it should run better. 

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

Another thought: can we potentially get advanced progression (Fast) so that we can test stuff for balance? Assuming there will be a wipe at end of EA.

I really want to test more combos and see how the game has changed, especially with the offensive assets being more expensive.

Fur Dozy

Fur Dozy
  • 25 posts

One of the things to be tested is progression, so probably not. 

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

Another thought: can we potentially get advanced progression (Fast) so that we can test stuff for balance? Assuming there will be a wipe at end of EA.

I really want to test more combos and see how the game has changed, especially with the offensive assets being more expensive.

The closed beta was a bit fast for us in terms of progression, really want this to be something people can come back to for a few hundred hours. We had people finishing the entire unlock tree for some units. We've also rescaled the numbers on all of that, so they're a bit more satisfying. Units can earn up to 5000 XP per match and unlocks start at around 5-10k XP. 

So it'll be slower than in the beta. Yes, there'll be a wipe at the end of Early Access. 

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

The closed beta was a bit fast for us in terms of progression, really want this to be something people can come back to for a few hundred hours. We had people finishing the entire unlock tree for some units. We've also rescaled the numbers on all of that, so they're a bit more satisfying. Units can earn up to 5000 XP per match and unlocks start at around 5-10k XP. 

So it'll be slower than in the beta. Yes, there'll be a wipe at the end of Early Access. 

I didn't really mean it as that, I was moreso wondering about if I could have really quick access to some seemingly awesome things such as MK19 automatic grenade launcher CROWS :P

It's nice to see that we're getting a longer progression, and I can see this game expanding to have paratroopers, fast ropers, air units, etc. Good stuff, can't wait to see what has changed.

FeedTheZombies

FeedTheZombies
  • 54 posts

40mm Full auto grenade launcher on a CROWS on top of an MBT?
Count me in :)

now if only we can put an M134 CROWS on it

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

40mm Full auto grenade launcher on a CROWS on top of an MBT?
Count me in :)

now if only we can put an M134 CROWS on it

Would that make the M240 redundant? since it's same caliber but diff RoF.

FeedTheZombies

FeedTheZombies
  • 54 posts

maybe give the config that comes with it some penalties, maybe reduced main gun RoF or increased vulnerability to criticals to compensate for all that minigun ammo stored inside

MarkoMiladinko

MarkoMiladinko
  • 14 posts

Same for me...when i saw minimum quad core i was like ,_, becouse i have dual core..all else is fine.

Will i be able to run WO on minimum with dual core??

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

Same for me...when i saw minimum quad core i was like ,_, becouse i have dual core..all else is fine.

Will i be able to run WO on minimum with dual core??

It might be ok, we haven't got a lot of older hardware around to test on at the moment. Sorting out the requirements is something we hope to figure out during Early Access. 

If you are getting bad performance during the test, send us a bug report and let us know. That will give us a full run down of your system specs automatically. 

MarkoMiladinko

MarkoMiladinko
  • 14 posts

It might be ok, we haven't got a lot of older hardware around to test on at the moment. Sorting out the requirements is something we hope to figure out during Early Access. 

If you are getting bad performance during the test, send us a bug report and let us know. That will give us a full run down of your system specs automatically. 

For moment i though i wouldnt be able to play.

Thanks for the answer if i have a problem i will send a bug report.

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

For moment i though i wouldnt be able to play.

Thanks for the answer if i have a problem i will send a bug report.

With CPU requirements, you shouldn't need to worry about if a game will run at all. It will always be a case of how well it runs. GPU's are the thing that will stop you from playing at all if yours is older.

QuickLoad

QuickLoad
  • 7 posts

oh man, i've been waiting for a week now.

16 hours to go...

FeedTheZombies

FeedTheZombies
  • 54 posts

With CPU requirements, you shouldn't need to worry about if a game will run at all. It will always be a case of how well it runs. GPU's are the thing that will stop you from playing at all if yours is older.

This could be a problem for me

my craptop has no GPU and has to rely on Intel HD Graphics

it can still run Source engine games though, so it should be able to run this even at low quality

geras

geras
  • 23 posts

Load your weapons and warm up your engines, gentlemen.

FreeQ1337

FreeQ1337
  • 1 posts

Do we know any specific time when its up? 7th already in PST timezone.