Photo

Changelog V1.35 - Inventory Upgrade & Balancing

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

These patch notes are really late, sorry everyone!

Additions

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory Upgrade

- Added ability to upgrade your inventory limit from 500 to 1000

- Upgrade can be purchased with Fuel or real money

Recycler Update

- Reworked the Recycler screen to be the same as the inventory

- Adds filtering to the Recycler screen for easier recycling

Premium Schematics

- Added as defaults at different levels of upgrade of the weapon bench

New Location

- Opened up Brookvale South, level 27-30 area

- New weapons 

New Improvised Weapons

- Long Saw and War Hammer added to weapon crafting bench

Changes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapon Balance

A number of weapons had their DPS adjusted to bring some balance to the game. 

We're using a new DPS balancing tool to see the progression of these weapons through the 

game. This update is the first chance we've had to use this tool so there was quite a few changes made.

M-249

- Reduced Ammo Cost

- Reduced DPS 

PDW

- Increased DPS

M1911

- Increased DPS

Van Buren

- Increased DPS

Tactical Shotgun

- Decreased DPS

- Hugely overpowered for it's level

Marion's Trident

- Decreased DPS

- Still highest DPS in it's level range

Sportshot Rifle

- Increased DPS

M-24

- Increased Damage

- Balanced accuracy

UMP-45

- Increased DPS

UZI

- Increased DPS

CR-553

- Reduced DPS

Mini-Chainsaw

- Increased DPS

Aluminium Bat

- Increased DPS

Combat Knife

- Increased DPS

Attached is a shot of the DPS editor and you can see the curve we have here for Firearms. There's  a few bumps in it still but those are mostly for closer range higher impact weapons.

And before anyone asks, no I can't hand out access to this tool. Sorry!

dpseditor.jpg

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Hey Con, the "Sportshot", what gun is it referring to? The Sportshot Rifle or the Sportshot .45 pistol? One more thing, if it's the "Sportshot Rifle", you should balanced it out, the ammo cost is equal or more than some FAL's, you should balance it since it's weak, has long reload time and high ammo cost.

gamerbats

gamerbats
  • 1 posts

main thing:traps

hey can you make new traps oh please im new and I love your games

trap ideas:rope trap hangs survivors up side down  melee required to escape upgrade for resistenes of melee and shot damage in trap second idea bear trap gives survivor a knee wound and need to be disable to free survivor upgrade and lower chance of survivor freein trap survivor third Idea pit  trap if survivor falls will need help from another survivor and will injure survivor finale idea brick trower stuns survivor and gives stomach wound upgrade for more damage and stun time

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

main thing:traps

hey can you make new traps oh please im new and I love your games

trap ideas:rope trap hangs survivors up side down  melee required to escape upgrade for resistenes of melee and shot damage in trap second idea bear trap gives survivor a knee wound and need to be disable to free survivor upgrade and lower chance of survivor freein trap survivor third Idea pit  trap if survivor falls will need help from another survivor and will injure survivor finale idea brick trower stuns survivor and gives stomach wound upgrade for more damage and stun time

Please post your ideas on the ideas section.
http://forum.conarti...forum/31-ideas/

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts
Great system. I do wish wep damage be somewhat similar to all guns in game. After all getting hit in the head point blank with a 9mm is no different from a 5.56 round. ( and please call of duty fans don't debate what I said). Damage should not determine a good gun. It should be the stats like acc, rate of fire, range that should determine a good gun.

Edited by Stg Jonny, 03 June 2013 - 01:29 AM.

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

It's really cool the amount of detail you guys put into the report. Should hopefully make confusions a lot less numerous. Good job, I'm slowly starting to play more.

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 227 posts

Hey Con, the "Sportshot", what gun is it referring to? The Sportshot Rifle or the Sportshot .45 pistol? One more thing, if it's the "Sportshot Rifle", you should balanced it out, the ammo cost is equal or more than some FAL's, you should balance it since it's weak, has long reload time and high ammo cost.

At a similar vein, what exactly is a "Pipe Rifle"? I have no idea what it is, but I know I want one now.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

At a similar vein, what exactly is a "Pipe Rifle"? I have no idea what it is, but I know I want one now.

Cleared this up, it's The Van Buren, pipe rifle is our internal name for it.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,646 posts

Cleared this up, it's The Van Buren, pipe rifle is our internal name for it.

oh isn't that a fall out 3 reference too?

CarbonNitride

CarbonNitride
  • 84 posts

All the AR-99s with the scoped modifier are missing a picture in the inventory screens. Hope this is corrected in the next hotfix.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

All the AR-99s with the scoped modifier are missing a picture in the inventory screens. Hope this is corrected in the next hotfix.

Yep, just put a fix up for this, should show correctly now.

Grind Monkey

Grind Monkey
  • 302 posts

So does that mean the sword and bulldogs won't be touched or is it just a temporary stay of execution.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

So does that mean the sword and bulldogs won't be touched or is it just a temporary stay of execution.

According to Con in the chat, someone asked if the swords would be nerfed, Con said nothing about that, however, I don't know about the bulldogs, I don't recall Con talking about that gun on the chat.

Edited by Rain08, 03 June 2013 - 08:05 AM.

DeadFrog

DeadFrog
  • 127 posts

According to Con in the chat, someone asked if the swords would be nerfed, Con said nothing about that, however, I don't know about the bulldogs, I don't recall Con talking about that gun on the chat.

I doubt he would nerf something people spent a lot of fuel on.  Seems like they're balancing the other weapons around it instead.

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 227 posts

I don't have the prtscrn link on me, but Con did confirm that "Nerfing the Trident and Sword is on the board". Marion's already had a nerf, and swords are undoubtedly going to get one soon. Bulldogs may go unchanged, seeing as the AE-50 was designed to be an upgrade to the Bulldog.

Edited by Arthur_Bishop, 03 June 2013 - 08:59 AM.

DeadFrog

DeadFrog
  • 127 posts

I don't have the prtscrn link on me, but Con did confirm that "Nerfing the Trident and Sword is on the board". Marion's already had a nerf, and swords are undoubtedly going to get one soon. Bulldogs may go unchanged, seeing as the AE-50 was designed to be an upgrade to the Bulldog.

I don't understand why swords would get nerfed.  Sure, they deal high damage, but they are quite slow...

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

I really wish that the Machine Guns would have increased burst, even if you have to increase the pauses between burst.

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

I don't understand why swords would get nerfed.  Sure, they deal high damage, but they are quite slow...

They can attack roughly once a second with the right crafting bonuses, which means that that high damage creates a high dps.  Honestly I shouldn't have  weapon that is capable of pulling 400 dps like I currently do... (albeit this is my upgraded sword with a 25% boost to damage on my engineer with a unique motorcycle vest, regardless it is still an op weapon.)

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

I really wish that the Machine Guns would have increased burst, even if you have to increase the pauses between burst.

I wish it was more like the few fully automatic pistols, i.e. they fire until the clip is empty.... The suppression that guns like the TMP and G18 have is honestly better than all other similarly leveled fire arms because of their lack of burst.

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

I personally love that weapons with the 'high-capacity' modifier now actually HAVE noticeably higher capacity, if a patch could correct this for all lower leveled firearms and existing ones I'd go into a joy coma.