Photo

Matchmaking Lockout For Conceding Often.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

KwoonTheNope

KwoonTheNope
  • 37 posts

Kinda took this idea from CS:GO, but whatever.

As it says on the tin, anyone who concedes from matches too often will be given a matchmaking ban, because they are wasting everyone's time and removes alot of opportunities for testing out platoons or doing some actual beta tests.

May sound a bit ranty, but it gets annoying after a while.

(but then this may already be implemented and Im just too lazy to check)

Edited by KwoonTheNope, 11 February 2017 - 12:26 PM.

Fur Dozy

Fur Dozy
  • 25 posts

I normally concede when a battle has been obviously won, given the more casual feel for this game, I don't think that is a good idea.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

I do however, think that a concession should give the enemy a full 250 damage to your outpost towards any "quests" that he has active at the time, since concessions really screw people over in that sense.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I don't see how it is wasting anyones time if one side is vastly superior and the match has already been won. I have conceded a bunch but only when the conclusion is clear.

Moreover, what I think actually IS wasting time on my part is having an opponent who only sends only one unit the whole match. Now that sucks :/

geras

geras
  • 23 posts

I've never ever conceded. And I support OP's idea about the 200/250/300 outpost damage (depending on used Operations), and +10% bonus XP for making our opponent surrender ;p

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

I normally concede when a battle has been obviously won, given the more casual feel for this game, I don't think that is a good idea.

This.  It's not fun to continue when it's obvious you've lost -- even when your outpost has full health.

It's a game, let's not forget that.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

It's already in place. Might need some tweaking. We haven't seen it happening a lot. 

Conceding when you're going to lose is absolutely part of the game. You're wasting the other persons time and it's a general BM move to sit there and wait for them to whittle you down if you're out of assets and have no answers left. 

I'm pretty sure that the base damage is given to the other player for the achievement, I'll have to test it. I know that it's not displaying correctly on the Victory / Defeat screen, we'll fix that soon. 

dutchie

dutchie
  • 1 posts

Kinda took this idea from CS:GO, but whatever.

As it says on the tin, anyone who concedes from matches too often will be given a matchmaking ban, because they are wasting everyone's time and removes alot of opportunities for testing out platoons or doing some actual beta tests.

May sound a bit ranty, but it gets annoying after a while.

(but then this may already be implemented and Im just too lazy to check)

how about no??? once an enemy gets to your base the only left to do is concede unless you want to sit there and waste time watching units murder your units while your base quickly crumbles....not conceding is the true waste of time.