Photo

What Is The Point Of Bows?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Stiletto

Stiletto
  • 8 posts

I've just started playing again recently, and I see that bows were added since the last time I played. The thing is...their damage is so puny, they don't seem worth a damn. How are they supposed to be useful?

Maruse

Maruse
  • 706 posts

Because little kids thought having  a bow and crossbow would be cool. 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 605 posts

Other than the extremely low ammo cost they're really, really useless and I'd like it if they got buffed, as finding 50 uni bows on the island and in hauls is getting rather annoying.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 140 posts

Because little kids thought having  a bow and crossbow would be cool. 

And oh, boy, how it was requested here and  here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and

here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here.

You can say a lot of people saw it in The Walking Dead and thought it would be cool.

I think they are OK as a ranged alternative to melee for when you don't have enough ammo (in lower levels), but since you don't have to worry much about ammo at higher levels, they are nearly useless later in the game, even with great stats (such as 60% range).

Edited by Lana Woo, 15 February 2017 - 03:28 PM.

lael

lael
  • 111 posts

Hi.  I have used the hellacious hellslinger alot for manual pve.  As for the usefullness of bows in raiding, I refer you all here to shooter shoot's thread on raiding with bows under the Raiding section in Forums.  Funny how some call the bows useless and cosmetic while others think they are OP, lol,  Bows are cool.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 605 posts

Hi.  I have used the hellacious hellslinger alot for manual pve.  As for the usefullness of bows in raiding, I refer you all here to shooter shoot's thread on raiding with bows under the Raiding section in Forums.  Funny how some call the bows useless and cosmetic while others think they are OP, lol,  Bows are cool.

The thing is, that bow has the one thing literally every other bow doesn't have: Capacity. It's got 4-5 arrows which automatically makes it better.

And while bow raiding is a thing, good luck getting bows with 30+ range (I've found probably around 30 and only 3 of them with range in the 300).

Bows definitely need a rework so they're more useful in PVE while not breaking suppression in PVP.

Disastra

Disastra
  • 31 posts

If you use a good ranged bow with a good arrow mod you can get silent 1 shot kills even in the highest level areas.  They're also quick to load and cheap to use.

Yes finding a ranged bow is difficult, but so is finding a decent ranged LR.  The bow however, doesn't impede your move speed.

MAKcU

MAKcU
  • 29 posts
bows are there for bowland AKA junkland uni hauls just to make you happy