Photo

Zombies Stop Spawning At Missions?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

RickN

RickN
  • 65 posts

I am running Win 10.

I was just doing some experimenting and I can only get it to happen during infected bounty missions in Greenplains and Waterside. Might have something to do with the cut down spawn rates for needed infected.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 59 posts

Still happening...a lot.  If you are going to keep this "feature" would you consider undoing the feature that removes all the zeds we need for the bounty?  I am getting pretty pissed off running six missions in Green Plains which stop with two or so minutes left and getting a total of perhaps 4 bruisers.  It's petty.  It's rude.  And it's annoying.

ChazA4

ChazA4
  • 6 posts

Running Win7, on Chrome, but I haven't noticed a single time of this happening since I gave up on running Streets missions.  Though I have read that you experienced it on Waterside military base as well CasualRace, I would suggest just giving up the streets missions...the headache, I think you'll agree, just isn't worth it.  Forests and Parks should be more than enough in the meantime...

RickN

RickN
  • 65 posts

Just had it happen for the first time in Uptown, street of course. To me it looks like there might be some unstable code or something and the problem is spreading.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 788 posts

It sounds like a client side error. We haven't been able to replicate it.

Just a hint .... Streets in Newtown and Newtown West have a very high chance for Zeds stop spawning.

Maybe you are able to replicate it.

Edited by Cherry, 06 May 2017 - 06:03 AM.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 59 posts

This is still a problem.  I guess it's a client-side problem since it affects only us clients.  Can we have the source code so we can tinker with the game and see if the clients can fix it?

I just ran two missions in Green Plains.  One street was fine.  The second went silent with three minutes left.  Two streets and ZERO military.

Once again, you can do whatever you want. It's your game (beta as well) but this kind of stuff tend to annoy the clients.  Annoyed clients are less disposed to spending money.  Just saying.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 59 posts

Ok, so this problem is still ongoing.  Someone had a "brilliant" suggestion of avoiding streets. Awesome.  But Bruisers don't show up anywhere else...at least not for me.  I have run seven missions in Green plains and killed eight bruisers, so obviously bounties are broken.

Raiding is now broken as well.

Well, there is still the island which more or less works...most of the time.

Here's a lay up for y'all: Fix the Rare Recycler Bug.  Easy win!  Everyone is happy.  And maybe that will get the ball rolling on the rest?

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 459 posts

For those having this problem do zombies not spawn  even when moving around the map? as sometimes (for me at least) zombies spawn just out of range of survivors and you have to go looking for them

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 293 posts

For me at least, yes. I was aware that sometimes the next wave won't spawn if some of them are still left alive (well, "alive"), but ever after running across the whole map for 2 minutes turns nothing. So yes, it's a legitimate bug where they simply stop spawning.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 59 posts

Aubrey and Lana, thanks for the input but those are unrelated to this bug.

I might also add in, since this comment is seemingly ignored everywhere else (probably here as well) that the Bounties are occasionally f'ing stupid and impossible.  I have run 12 missions in Green Plains looking for a mere 10 Bruisers.  I got nine so far.   14 missions in Green Plains to get 10 bruisers.  While I don't HAVE to do the bounties (gee, really?), it leaves only the island for this account.  Kind of makes the whole thing suck.  All for a white t-shirt.  Gosh!

As I mentioned elsewhere, you have broken raiding with the latest change.  Bounties have become either useful or a source of incredible annoyance to players. Please, please, don't try "fixing" the Island; it mostly works.

Edited by CasualRace, 21 May 2017 - 02:45 PM.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 495 posts

just had this bug in Waterside Military base during my infected bounty half way through the mission. :(

Patrikas

Patrikas
  • 4 posts

I get this bug at least once in a week, playing 2 teams 2-3 times per day, so it is 14~28 missions/ week. Simple offer for Admins when they will have time for this bug solving:

-Just set 30 ~ 50 missions and i am sure you will get this bug and it will be great start (it will take only 5 hours to detect it).

Also if it help:

when i started to play this game (more then 1 year ago) there was no bug, i quit for (personal reasons) a while and come back, made some lvl and this bug started at ~35-40lvl maps

P.S. i don't see any problems playing with this bug- zombies aren't endless ;) 

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 59 posts

Patrikas, the problem with the bug is that is means you need two to three extra missions for a survivor bounty since you lose two to four minutes of killing.  This leads to spending 5 to 20 missions on ONE MAP to kill, for example, ten bruisers or 15 HERC.  As it stands, it is obvious that the game removes the rare zeds you need.  So with this bug, it is basically adding injury to insult.

CV99

CV99
  • 6 posts

I have had this problem occur during a mission into a HAZ. It was either after i had finished searching all the containers or I had reached the 2-3 minute mark. I had noticed the spawns stopped after 2 minutes, as i was moving my survivors to defend against a possible rush.

DrakoDrizzt

DrakoDrizzt
  • 6 posts

Same here, im just passing to add my support on solving this issue. Pretty anoying

gss2000

gss2000
  • 3 posts

@ players....how long does the 1st spawn last for you guys?

@CON...not sure if this helps but when I have this problem it ALWAYS follows a 1+ min continuing spawn. meaning for 1-1.5mins mobs spawn NON-STOP, and no breaks between. basically a rush without the red light /siren warning.

if I had to guess what is happening. if there is a limit of say 80 zombies a mission for the time limit. the non-stop swarm is being counted like usual BUT the program STOPS spawning 0nce it hits the 80 mark. so if the limit is met say 2mins into the mission that's it no more mobs afterwards.

DrakoDrizzt

DrakoDrizzt
  • 6 posts
Hello again. I read a lot about this problem ocuring on Bounty Missions sectors. But i just played a mission on a Police Station in Northwood East(lvl16) where i have a normal mission given by the game(i'm lvl 22 and had this mission for a while since I literally don't go there) for kill 20 police infected and 20 military infected. So the same 2 and a half minute bug of no spawning zombies occurs. 

That make me think of a problem on sectors with active missions ON them, not only Bounty Mission sectors.. and aside from being really annoying to have killed only 3 policemen in the whole mission, despite being in a POLICE STATION, I came to think that is a Bug that stops all spawns for NO REASON. Cause I really dont want to think of a nerfed made on purpose by Con to make missions harder.
I can say this because am a really cautious player and tend to get the best profit from every session i play. How so? This way: what i do almost always is to play 1 or 2 mission with a crew of 5 or 4 survivors with top gear and try to get some mission done or at least fulfill the most of it while acquaring better loot.. then I always save one scavenger to go and get junk to recycle from every 5 mins return mission i have around the base(i like the recycle sistem and i like to wreck everything in parts to get components). 

So the important part of this, is that in this starter zones (Riverside North, Riverside East, South Trenton, etc) I dont get the bug, i get spawning zombies even when i have 10 seconds to end a mission. Then make your own conclusions, me, i think is a bug related to sectors with active missions on it(then again i dont want to think of a nerf made by Con)

Hope this info was useful, and i really hope Con do something about this... and as we are here, to solve the scrolling with mouse to zoom in zoom out problem too.

Cya next time(pretty sure wont be long though) 

PS: I play on chrome, win 7

Cherry

Cherry
  • 788 posts

It really looks like this happens only in area where bounty missions are active.

I might be wrong ... but this is what I experienced as well.

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 133 posts

Different OSes (win and Linux), different browsers (Chrome. FF, MSIE, Edge), same problem.

It looks like something wrong with Elites spawning: this happens at Lv50+ missions approximately at the time when the EZ should appear.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 788 posts

Did you make any changes?

Zeds now stop spawning at 1:00 left ... more or less and it is always bounty missions.