Photo

Zombies Stop Spawning At Missions?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 320 posts

Ok, I will ignore your pedantic response and concentrate on the last line.  If the bounty is ONE Bruiser, I agree that the odds of a bruiser spawning might not change, but obviously having to kill only one would make the bounty easier.  If you want a nice reductio ad absurdum, then imagine the number of bruisers is lowered to zero.  Wouldn't that be easier.

Honestly, why do I bother?

Easier, but not at a cost...

The reward would be much less. Balance is the concern that I didn't see you bring up. Or provide, with your idea/suggestion.

Edited by Fredswar1, 09 August 2017 - 08:38 PM.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 123 posts

Anyone else noticed the connected between the non-spawn glitch and elites? Zombies only seem to stop spawning if it's in a map where an elite has a chance to appear.

Only Union Island, on low-level areas, when you already spawned your elite cap, and when an elite already spawned that mission- this glitch never happens

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 416 posts

It has happened to me in Union Island a couple times, in a compound attack once, and also in several missions when I haven't found any elites for days (in fact, it's rare for me to find one), so I don't think it's elites who cause that.

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 142 posts

Anyone else noticed the connected between the non-spawn glitch and elites? Zombies only seem to stop spawning if it's in a map where an elite has a chance to appear.

Only Union Island, on low-level areas, when you already spawned your elite cap, and when an elite already spawned that mission- this glitch never happens

I wrote about this at June:

http://forum.conarti...e-2#entry142621

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 72 posts

I am positively thrilled to announce that those of you who no longer go to Green Plains won't miss out on the bug!  It can be found in Meadow View East! 

So the thrill of making bounties annoyingly difficult and frustrating can continue even for higher level players.

Vive le client!  Il est roi!

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 72 posts

Rolling Stone Lake West - Mil Base.

With three minutes and twelve seconds left.

Con, you might consider fixing this or dramatically reducing the bounties.  I assume that you have designed the bounties with bug-free play in mind so I would guess that missions which knock off 30-40% of the time would imply reducing the requirements by a commensurate amount.  Since the maps don't fail consistently, you might consider knocking off 25% of the requirements.

After all, how the heck am I going to get all those awesome hoodies if your game is broken?

Par Sennah

Par Sennah
  • 25 posts

I responded to this a while back. 

It's a client side bug that we haven't been able to replicate. Being unable to replicate it, we can't fix it. We need more information. I asked those who are experiencing it regularly to install the Debug version of Flash and to see if you get an error. 

1. Install Firefox if you don't have it already - http://www.mozilla.o...US/firefox/new/
2. Install the following debug version of Flash - http://download.macr...lugin_debug.exe

Once that's installed play as normal and try to replicate the situation - the debugger will generate an error which you can copy and paste into your response.

In addition to this, information on:

1. Session length

2. Location

3. Mission time

4. Number of survivors on mission

5. Basic computer specifications

What the?

Sometimes you have to think if there is one guy who complains, he could be a guy who likes to complain. But if there are 50+ users who take their time to post in a forum and confirm there's an issue, you have to be delusional to think the issue IS NOT on your side. Yes, sure of course, we all just like to sabotage here with fictional bugs. /s

Stick that debug mode in your ass and fix the fucking bugs already. How many QA people do you employ if any?

Edited by Par Sennah, 13 September 2017 - 03:07 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 416 posts

What the?

Sometimes you have to think if there is one guy who complains, he could be a guy who likes to complain. But if there are 50+ users who take their time to post in a forum and confirm there's an issue, you have to be delusional to think the issue IS NOT on your side. Yes, sure of course, we all just like to sabotage here with fictional bugs. /s

Stick that debug mode in your ass and fix the fucking bugs already. How many QA people do you employ if any?

"Client-side" doesn't mean that the users made up the issue or that they're causing it intentionally, it means that the computer of the user (the "Client") is maybe not responding as it should, for a number of reasons. That's why they need the debugger reports: to figure out what's causing it and fix it. Plus, 50+ people with the same issue does not prove that it's a server-side problem.

I have the suspicion that for some reason the client is failing to notify the server that the zombies are dead, so the server still thinks they're around and doesn't send a new wave.

Edited by Lana Woo, 13 September 2017 - 03:27 PM.