Photo

A Few Cool Ideas

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 18 posts

These are some ideas that in my opinion woud make a nice addition into the game.

Active gear-

Throwing knifes/axes

Base traps-

Tripwires

Bear traps

Nail board

Saw trap (a saw on a track cutting everything in its way)

Base defences-

Mega barricade (1 small barricade+1big barricade)

New books-

Raid speed up book

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

OK, here's my feedback :)

1) Throwing axes/knives

I really don't see the advantage of these over just using a regular melee weapon. Active gear must be used with intervention of the player, so I don't see why should we order a survivor to throw knives when he already can have a main weapon that attacks automatically as many times as necessary. In fact, it has been suggested before.

2) Traps

I kind of like them (especially the tripwire), but they might not be implemented because we already have a decent number of traps (if we put too many traps in every compound, raiding would be impossible). Perhaps they could work as "temporary" traps (that is, traps that only last a certain time and/or have a cooldown), but not as regular, permanent traps in my opinion.

3) Mega barricade

I don't understand the idea. Do you want a barricade that measures the same as a large barricade plus a small barricade? Because you can already put them side-to-side for the same effect. Do you want a barricade that lasts longer? Then it would be easier to just add more upgrade levels to a barricade instead of creating a new type.

4) Raid speed-up book

I could think that there's a reason why the UCS and the DMU don't work on raids, so I don't think this will be implemented.

Edited by Lana Woo, 24 April 2017 - 01:55 AM.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 18 posts

more ideas:

Buildings:

An Auction building- where you can buy weapons by bidding on items you want by using fuel.

Active gear:

flashbangs- same thing as smoke nades but just your survivors can see still see but the defenders are blinded for 2-10 seconds depending on how close they were.

Molatovs- a bomb that deals fire damage which would deal damage over time.

Traps: (yes I love traps)

Bear trap- a trap that would trap your survivor and would deal a automatic leg injury

dart wall: a trap with a wall which would pin survivors to a wall by the survivor getting shot with a dart causing them to be trapped

Tactic books:

Lucky chance- would give a boost to finding unis

for class of idea above: good=1% boost lasting 30 minutes

superior=2% boost lasting 1 hour

elite=5% boost lasting 4 hours

upgrade tokens:

a premium upgrade token- so you can upgrade premium weapons for no fuel cost just like the other upgrade tokens.

s

Edited by bossfighter7, 14 May 2017 - 04:14 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

The premium token and the Tactics book with chance to find quality books are nice, and I think they could be implemented. Personally, I'd love to be able to upgrade several of mine :)

However, Auction Houses and Molotov Coctails were rejected several times by the developers (you can read the original answers here and here.

As for Flashbangs, I'd love them as active gear vs infected. In fact, they have been suggested a lot of times before, but they haven't fount its way into the game yet. Perhaps they have some balancing issues, but it's definitely a maybe from me.

Edited by Lana Woo, 14 May 2017 - 04:57 PM.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 18 posts

heres another idea

new before inventory max- instead of it being 500 have it 650 It would benefit the people who can't buy inventory space and have their inventory filling up fast

lael

lael
  • 224 posts

Yes, please increase inventory...500 barely covers an adequate amount of weapons and gear with all of the components. kits, medical, research and event parts and manuals etcetera:  all the extra inventory added over the years has consumed un-reimbused inventory space to the players who cannot now buy the upgrade with fuel.

Raider-speed up return time books....YES, YES, YES !

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 281 posts

How about, they sort of give the Decoy Traps a flash bang-like effect? I think that'd be a nice addition. Sure the decoys already serve as "Decoy traps" but when they're activated, why not welcome the party guests with a bright bang, instead of some lame party streamers? Basically it'd stun survivors and infected for a few seconds.  

Edited by Fredswar1, 28 May 2017 - 03:13 AM.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 18 posts

just a small unique idea:

A little icon or a small picture of the alliance flag representing the leader of an alliance.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 281 posts

just a small unique idea:

A little icon or a small picture of the alliance flag representing the leader of an alliance.

What do you mean by that? Explain 

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 18 posts

What do you mean by that? Explain 

basically the alliance leader of any alliance has the a small alliance banner image next to their name for example if I am a alliance leader It would be (

alliance banner) bossfighter7

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

I think it would make more sense that your rank (not only leaders, but all ranks) would appear in the alliance flag that appears when you click in the alliance name in chat. Like this:

fw3tbd.jpg

The idea is not to put too many indicators in your name, much less pictures or symbols.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 18 posts

here's a little idea that would benefit the raiders here:

Bounty point raids: Basically is it when a member of any alliance has a bounty they're worth double then normal since they have a bounty. When the bounty either gets claimed or they survive it there points go back to what they were before the bounty was placed on their head. For Example. I am worth 100 War Points and I get a 10 fuel bounty I become worth 200 War points.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 281 posts

Nah... too exploitable... the fuel reward is enough... 

I could see this working out if the reward were win streak based (maybe)... for example... You successfully capture 5 flags in a row... Your war targets are now worth 1.2 times more points. 

Of course... there are ways to exploit this too, but you gotta put the benefits over the consequences sometimes.