Photo

Removing The "alliances" Targets Tab

alliances targets

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

cherry i think you didnt understand. This game is more to strategy game..and its nothing do with exp. 1 min i post 1 logic example

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

If you see this is one of the example that flag less cover. If you see in lvl 55 there are many compound like this. using smokes and take flag with 1-3 men. I have many other player logs that using smokes without killing my 10 men and take flag. Of couse without killing 10 men and use smokes to take flag we will get less exp around 200-500 only.

flag.jpg

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

This game war scoring based on our strategy. If we posible to take the flag with smokes only then use it. If the compound is hard to raid then use 1-5 men to kill all 10 men and take the flag. But most player prefer easy compound to avoid serious injury.

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 44 posts

Another solution might be IP-scout/linked-scout penalties. So that if someone scouts with an alt, he cannot attack the same targets from any account that shares the same IP or are linked together.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

image.jpg

another example lvl 55 raid log that  the  player smokes only and take the flag without killing 10 men. So the player only get less exp.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

I sent some ideas via email to avoid low point farming for nearly no exp which make more sense than removing the alliance list.

con already have the rules. Who farming war point with same ip adress will permenent ban, and there is nothing do with removing alliance tab

infiniteideal

infiniteideal
  • 51 posts

It's good to ban this inefficient function. 

To avoid hard to find right target in individual list, you can prolong the list to 8 pages.

To avoid hard to contact unkown name new friend or buyer/seller, you can rework the compound and friend list:

1)ALTs share same list or add copy compound and friend list function for same owner,

2)Set 1 layer catalogue for compound and friend list, default tags have "new friend", "business partner", "myselves", add right click menus "move to", "delete", "leave message(add GMT of post time)", “post this tag(so that one can share all one's accounts to friend)", also add "online" after the name when clicking "list friends"

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

or separate between friends and enemy list. So after remove alliance tab the individual  tab will only display enemy list. But still need a button to see other alliance members who is online or not. 

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

image.jpg

another example lvl 55 raid log that  the  player smokes only and take the flag without killing 10 men. So the player only get less exp.

other players call that stuff "melee exploit"

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 44 posts

The problem is not that targets are hard to find, the problems is that by removing Alliance list you're effectively removing about 90% of all good targets, targets that NEVER show up in Individual list for some reason. So making the list longer will not fix anything.

Also, what exactly is inefficient about the Alliance list? Cause for me it's the other way around, the Individual lists is usually the list that doesn't even show the good targets, thus being the least efficient. Most of the time it isn't even worth looking at Individual list.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 217 posts

As for the topic:

pretty much everything has been said on it. And Gabachos video shows the problem with it pretty clearly.

The individual target tab would habe to refresh way more often than it currently does and actually show the highest point targets for this to be an okay change

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

But Seriously.... this video shows exactly what I am saying

Individuals - Max 57 point target

Alliances -  Tons of targets over 80 Points

This video clearly show why alliance tab is too important.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

if the alliance tab is removed then we want many target with highest point between 80-100 in individual tab, because we dont want waste 4-5 survivor to raid below 60 points. besides that, the players who spend fuels to burn will looking for highest point target.

infiniteideal

infiniteideal
  • 51 posts

or separate between friends and enemy list. So after remove alliance tab the individual  tab will only display enemy list. But still need a button to see other alliance members who is online or not. 

There is no need to add enemy list. It's better to let player to choice who raid him is friend or enemy. You can set a catalogue for enemy. As for me, I would never use enmey list. 

There is no need to observe the secret of other alliance. We only need to know whether friends are online and how to contact them quickly.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

yup ^^^ gabacho didnt enter my base. me and megaman the one enter gabacho base and trash 

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 144 posts

@ Lael & BlackDragn - Lets please not distract from an important issue we all agree upon.

Edited by Gabacho, 17 March 2017 - 08:21 PM.

Qzzn

Qzzn
  • 107 posts

Gentlemen, let's calm down and reset. I think we all want to avoid having another thread locked and perma bans given out.

Sev

Sev
  • 548 posts

First of all, I am happy to read your ideas and feedback, but if anyone starts one of those petty arguments that have been getting threads locked then I will permanently ban your forum.  No more warnings.

Okay here is my solution I sent to Con as well.

Alliance list is mostly abused by players who farm low pointers 20-41 with one man raids.

If exp gained for survivor kills is decreased by 20% and a banner gives as much exp as 2.5 survivor kills there will be no disadvantage for players who raid high pointers with 5 men but the low point farming will make players level up due to exp gained from banners taken.

This way it won't be possible anymore to be level 15 with 2000+ banners taken.

Makes more sense in my opinion than removing alliance list.

Cherry, xp gains seems like a good idea.  The problem though is that I am sure people will start getting around it by creating alts once they grow out of the sweet spot.  Looking at the number of alts that people already have, I presume it is already happening.

The problem with alts is that it ends up with more useless accounts eating up space on our server that we can't get rid of, which adds to costs, etc.

Before you disabled/removed the "Recent Enemies" list, I'd (as a white flag player) would use that list to see who was online for some alliances.   When that was removed, the alliances tab wasn't quite as useful, as it was keyed to target alliances in similar standing, so the alliances i wanted to check  and see who was on weren't always there.

It would be nice if there was still some way to easily see a list of the members of an alliance.   See who's on/offline if your looking to talk to someone.

In my perfect world, on the war tab, you'd be able to click on any alliance in the top 100, and it would bring up the member list for that alliance, and perhaps show how much points they had this round.  No attack/view button, just a list of members.   Perhaps add a search function by alliance tag for alliances not in the top 100.

That's probably a lot of work though, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

I didn't realise that seeing who was in other alliances / who was online was such a big thing.  I could try an look at adding a "preview" button to the top 100 list which could show alliance members.  Search could be harder, but not impossible - I just don't like adding it in because of the type of database doesn't like running lots of search queries.

It sounds like the biggest problem with this list being removed is that the individuals list isn't always returning the highest points.  I may have to have a look at that. There could be a bug in the code, or there could be something else going on that I am not accounting for.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

I didn't realise that seeing who was in other alliances / who was online was such a big thing.  I could try an look at adding a "preview" button to the top 100 list which could show alliance members.  Search could be harder, but not impossible - I just don't like adding it in because of the type of database doesn't like running lots of search queries.

As i said, perfect world.  If the database doesn't like running a lot of search queries, don't bother trying add a search feature.  99% of the alliances I'd be looking at (as a white flag player) would be active alliances anyway, and likely to fall in the top 100, so if i could just get to it that way, it'd be fine .

I dunno, I could be the weird one.  But if a certain player I was looking for wasn't on, I'd look to see if anyone else from their alliance is on, and ask them if they knew when that player would be back on, or if they could relay a message for me.

It was also helpful when a player would ask for help on upgrades/construction.   If they're not in my compound list i can't help them, but with the alliance/activity tab i could pull up their alliance, visit their compound and speed things up.  If you take that away I'm limited to whoever is on my compound list, and who's on my individual targets list.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Cherry, xp gains seems like a good idea.  The problem though is that I am sure people will start getting around it by creating alts once they grow out of the sweet spot.  Looking at the number of alts that people already have, I presume it is already happening.

The problem with alts is that it ends up with more useless accounts eating up space on our server that we can't get rid of, which adds to costs, etc.

It sounds like the biggest problem with this list being removed is that the individuals list isn't always returning the highest points.  I may have to have a look at that. There could be a bug in the code, or there could be something else going on that I am not accounting for.

Sev you can increase exp even more, cut the exp for a survivor kill by half and give exp like 5 survivor kills for a claimed banner.

This way the sweet spot becomes very unattractive because you level up quickly.

The Individuals list is a big problem, it never shows the highest pointer, some players never show up there, it is a small list and doesn't refresh often enough to make it useful for searching war targets in a close war round.

Removing the alliance list is going to kill alliance war at least as it works now.

Edited by Cherry, 18 March 2017 - 06:17 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alliances, targets