Photo

Removing The "alliances" Targets Tab

alliances targets

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 145 posts

'new era born' & 'USBcable' (previously known as 'Megaman' & BlackDragon") - CAG banned both of your previous forum accounts for a reason. Please stop creating new forum accounts to menace players who are trying to present real game issues to CAG.

& Thanks in advance for the down votes you two

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 145 posts

I simply want an adequate form of target selection. Whether that means fixing the individuals list or bringing back alliance lists.

As for mentioning your banned forum accounts? My aim is to have productive dialogue on forum pages  - so CAG is able to make decisions based on constructive player feedback.

Sev

Sev
  • 551 posts

Just a quick update:

I have been reviewing the target generation code and I have found a pretty major bug that would be messing with the lists people are getting.  Without going into too much detail, the "last time they were attacked" wasn't being taken into consideration properly, so the list was pretty much 100% random people from your level range.   I have fixed this now and will push it up before the next round starts.

I have also adjusted the code a bit so that only your linked alliances will be taken into consideration - this should stop the problem of other members alt's eliminating possible targets from your list.

I have some other possible tweaks I can do, but I would like to see how these changes go first before doing anything else.

Edit:  I should add that it may take a little while for these fixes to take effect. The data has to update itself a bit before any substantial changes will be seen

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

Thank you for looking into this Sev.   Hopefully it works and some of the HWFO calms down (though it never really goes completely away lol).

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 145 posts

Please bring back the alliances list while you experiment with the individual list. No sense in ruining another 2 rounds of war while you test.

Thanks for your time.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Thank you for looking into this Sev.   Hopefully it works and some of the HWFO calms down (though it never really goes completely away lol).

You wouldn't talk about HWFO if you ever took part at war.

We really have issues to find decent targets, the whole system is messed up and Sev's latest changes don't show any effect at the moment.

Let's hope it will get better ... soon.

Sev

Sev
  • 551 posts

Another quick update:

I found a problem that was causing a small number of players not to show up on the list.  It has now been fixed on the live version and should take effect immediately.

There was also an issue with the caching which was causing it not to be cleared as often as it should have been in some circumstances - this would explain some of the "the list doesn't refresh often enough" complaints.

And finally, I have come up with a method that may help weight higher value targets to the top of the list.  I have a build working and I am hoping to push it live next week.

I should disclaimer this with a couple of things though:

Firstly, it will take some time to propagate as it needs people to be attacked in order to figure out what they are roughly worth.

Secondly, the system is still time based, so people in your range that haven't been attacked are still going to be on your lists.  This will just try and get the high value / active players back to the top of the list sooner.

Finally - it could all just explode.  I won't know until it is tested under live conditions.

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 145 posts

Another quick update:

I found a problem...

There was also an issue with...

Firstly, it will take some time....

Finally - it could all just explode.  I won't know until it is tested under live conditions.

I said this weeks ago BEFORE the alliance list was removed "Please keep the alliance target list UNTIL you fix the individual list."

I am absolutely flabbergasted that you refuse & refuse to do this. Please, give us back the alliance list (that was prematurely removed) until the individual list is fixed.

Please listen to your raiding community, you are ruining alliance wars.

Con

Con
  • 4,152 posts

This needs to be tested in the live environment for a couple of reasons. 

1. We're only one data point. So what we see won't reflect what is the average for everyone else out there. 

2. There are settings and flags that are being applied to accounts that affect these lists, we need players to have these in place.

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 145 posts

This needs to be tested in the live environment for a couple of reasons. 

1. We're only one data point. So what we see won't reflect what is the average for everyone else out there. 

2. There are settings and flags that are being applied to accounts that affect these lists, we need players to have these in place.

Alright, that makes sense.... But why on earth remove alliance target list before you test this? Please bring back the alliance list while you get the individual list working properly. We know both lists can exist simultaneously, Please bring back the ally list, removing it was detrimental to PvP & Alliance Wars.

Please Bring back ally lists until Individual list is verified to be working properly.

^^ deliberately redundant

Edited by Gabacho, 27 April 2017 - 04:05 AM.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 34 posts

POPULAR

Please listen to your raiding community, you are ruining alliance wars.

Agreed. Tired of trying to find decent targets, and certainly burning/buying less fuel since I refuse to burn fuel to hurry a team home to hit a 50 point target. Thanks though, I won't need to spend as much on fuel anymore. 

Edited by GameGirl, 27 April 2017 - 01:07 PM.

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 74 posts

POPULAR

Gee, so much fun having to raid twice as many targets to get points as before. You should lower the points again if this is how its going to be.

http://imgur.com/a/HriWW

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 74 posts

Yep, I'll be lucky to get a level 1 box.

http://imgur.com/a/PTreq

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

Woow 168,639 alliance points. its seem your alliance top 1 or am i wrong? that which war?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alliances, targets