What To Buy With Fuel?

fuel

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ant13035

ant13035
  • 2 posts

I have 1,280 fuel and I have no idea what to do with it. Should I buy:

-White Flag (Haven't been raided in a few months as a level 29)

-Union City Shortcuts (One of the Permanent ones)

-Organizing Your Home (1400 inventory should be nice)

-Ammo Conservationist (Less Ammo Use is good, but not really that helpful because I only use 2 guns a mission, and rarely raid) 

OR

-Use for crafting

-Just save it

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 377 posts

Just save it.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

As far as books go...

White Flag, Union City Shortcuts (50%), Ammo Conservationist (50%) and Organizing Your Home (40%) can all be traded for without too much trouble usually.   The "price" of course will vary by the server your playing on (AG/FB or Kong) and who your trading with, but you should be able to acquire all four books with that much fuel by trading -- and have a lot left over.

If you can't/won't trade, then I would prioritize them depending upon your playstyle.   If your not being raided a lot, I wouldn't bother with the White Flag.   Organizing your home is useful if you're a bit of hoarder, but if you not struggling with inventory space now, I'd bypass this for the moment.    Ammo Conservation (30%) isn't worth it imho, though having the 50% version (3k in the store) will be useful in higher levels, where you will need more guns, so i would just save up for the 50% rather than getting the 30% now.   Shortcuts 50% is extremely useful if you don't have the DMU (especially if stacked with alliance boosts).  So based on what you'd said I'd probably go with that.  So the priority order is:  UCS 50%, save up for AC 50%, then Organizing 40% and White Flag last.   Of course if someone takes a fancy to you and starts raiding you incessantly you may want to bump White Flag up.

---

As far as crafting goes...

At level 29 (if I'm understanding you correctly) there isn't a whole lot that is really worthwhile, unless you're raiding (which you've said you're not).  In a few levels (35) however you'll have access to war hammers, which are a very good melee weapon for played missions.   I would save fuel for crafting at a later date if you going this route.

Edited by Zingman, 18 March 2017 - 10:31 PM.

ChazA4

ChazA4
  • 7 posts

I would add that Con and his cohorts(bless their sadistic little hearts, lol) like to hold events now and again with premium gear, which costs fuel to craft, and fuel to get some/enough of the components to have ACCESS to building them.

While ant13035 isn't that high level to make it a good investment, it may be something else to consider, now or in the future.

GreenJedi

GreenJedi
  • 6 posts

As far as books go...

White Flag, Union City Shortcuts (50%), Ammo Conservationist (50%) and Organizing Your Home (40%) can all be traded for without too much trouble usually.   The "price" of course will vary by the server your playing on (AG/FB or Kong) and who your trading with, but you should be able to acquire all four books with that much fuel by trading -- and have a lot left over.

If you can't/won't trade, then I would prioritize them depending upon your playstyle.   If your not being raided a lot, I wouldn't bother with the White Flag.   Organizing your home is useful if you're a bit of hoarder, but if you not struggling with inventory space now, I'd bypass this for the moment.    Ammo Conservation (30%) isn't worth it imho, though having the 50% version (3k in the store) will be useful in higher levels, where you will need more guns, so i would just save up for the 50% rather than getting the 30% now.   Shortcuts 50% is extremely useful if you don't have the DMU (especially if stacked with alliance boosts).  So based on what you'd said I'd probably go with that.  So the priority order is:  UCS 50%, save up for AC 50%, then Organizing 40% and White Flag last.   Of course if someone takes a fancy to you and starts raiding you incessantly you may want to bump White Flag up.

---

As far as crafting goes...

At level 29 (if I'm understanding you correctly) there isn't a whole lot that is really worthwhile, unless you're raiding (which you've said you're not).  In a few levels (35) however you'll have access to war hammers, which are a very good melee weapon for played missions.   I would save fuel for crafting at a later date if you going this route.

You're probably gonna have to explain the logic behind this, because it doesn't make any sense to me.
Granted, fuel can't be traded, so you'd have to spend it on things in the store to trade for the books, right? 
If he had 12.8k fuel, yeah, you'd be absolutely right. But given that White Flag is 3 premium keys, 50% Ammo Conservationist is 7, and 50% Union City Shortcuts is 4, how do you manage to buy even three of the four books with 1.3k fuel?

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

You're probably gonna have to explain the logic behind this, because it doesn't make any sense to me.
Granted, fuel can't be traded, so you'd have to spend it on things in the store to trade for the books, right? 
If he had 12.8k fuel, yeah, you'd be absolutely right. But given that White Flag is 3 premium keys, 50% Ammo Conservationist is 7, and 50% Union City Shortcuts is 4, how do you manage to buy even three of the four books with 1.3k fuel?

Trading can sometimes be a process, it might take several trades to build up the items you need to complete the trade for the item you want.

If we assume that neither player has free trade slots, and trades two items per transaction we're looking at 30 fuel per trade (10 initial fuel + 4x5 fuel per item).

At 30 fuel per trade, you're looking at up 40+ trades with 1.3K fuel.   Even if the player would to trade for premium keys one key at a time, at the prices you've listed it would take them less than half that to get all 3 books.

Wolfhound

Wolfhound
  • 69 posts

Buy the Supporter Flag. It's WORTH IT. Trust me

GreenJedi

GreenJedi
  • 6 posts

Trading can sometimes be a process, it might take several trades to build up the items you need to complete the trade for the item you want.

If we assume that neither player has free trade slots, and trades two items per transaction we're looking at 30 fuel per trade (10 initial fuel + 4x5 fuel per item).

At 30 fuel per trade, you're looking at up 40+ trades with 1.3K fuel.   Even if the player would to trade for premium keys one key at a time, at the prices you've listed it would take them less than half that to get all 3 books.

Oh. Well, that's not what I anticipated :P
Granted, yeah, it would take a while to burn up fuel trading a lot, and buying slots would cut that down, but the way you worded it implied you could turn the fuel itself into something to buy the books with. Do you have any recommendations of items to build up to buy the books with in trade? Premium keys are obvious, but to buy premium keys, all I'm seeing are Uniques and 8+ Research Notes for one at a time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel