84 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

roadmap-2017.jpg

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

Sorry for the delay in putting this together everyone. Just a really insanely busy few months with Warfare Online going into early access. We're back on track though!

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 486 posts

Looks sick. Love the DMU artwork too!

Also on the subject of HERC prototypes please make the parts easier to get this time around. HERC armors are a pain unless you open a lot of premium boxes with armor caches in - and that's only a low chance. And once opened they don't guarantee all parts for example I've opened quite a few armor caches and literally only had one with herc vests in. Making the caches and parts untradeable is a little harsh. Adding to this is the fact those particular prem boxes containing the caches only dropped once since I've been back. I'm not sure if they were in any others however.

Edited by Orange Duck, 20 March 2017 - 06:46 AM.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 496 posts

Awesome I can`t wait to get rekt by the HERC Bunkers and the High Activity Zones and the Craftable boosts sound cool and might give everyone a reason to keep their books, unless i misread it, and the late game leveling system will definitely make me miss the game when i go off to basic training, especially if it is implemented before I do go off to basic training.

P.S TBH I don`t really care about new suburbs but I will be interested in what the new locations will be

P.S.S I hope this doesn`t make people think i`m impatient but which one of these are you working on right now ?

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 664 posts

You've kept me here another year!

Looking forward to more end-game content.

Can we expect anything interesting from the Bunkers?

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 188 posts

The most appealing to me is the infested areas, since this could be a challenge to me! Maybe even increase the level of the area that are going to be infested which could add to the challenge!

The bunkerstuff dont really appeal to me since its kinda the raider comps all over again which i didnt even bother with since their release with zmas.

Tactical manuals could be nice i guess i have no idea what to expect from them!

The passive tree i rather see today then tomorrow since all XP is again lost in the void!

New Suburbs are kinda nice i guess since you run out of high level areas pretty much within a hour or so

Maybe overall increase the quality of looting of some areas like more water items or less junk containers and more weapon/gear containers. Which would make going to residences or offices more appealing.

Overall stuff is something worthwhile and i hope it will contribute greatly to the game

Thanks for the years support to this game its my favorite Facebook game ever made it really deserves more players !

Edited by RainbowDash_Love, 20 March 2017 - 03:45 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,150 posts

First impressions...

Tactics Manuals:

Like the concept.    Collect pages from unwanted books -- does this mean that recycling books will generate pages?  Also how many different types of pages will there be?  Adding a handful of components (pages) to your inventory won't do too much, but another 40-50 like research did is not going to leave a lot of people happy..   Lastly tactics planning "skill" -- how are we going to level it up?  by crafting lower level manuals? or by upgrading a (presumably new) bench like schematics?

HERC Bunkers/Prototypes:

New mission types/equipment is rarely a bad thing, not much to say here.

Late Game Leveling System:

Sounds intriguing, will have to see how it plays out.   Does this mean however that level 55 is the highest we'll ever go?   If you do decide to raise the level cap at some point, what happens?  Does this new system get pushed to level 60 (or whatever), or will it start running side-by-side?

High Activity Zones;

Same as HERC Bunkers, new mission types are almost always a good thing, moving on...

Suburb Changes:

I'm fine with lowering the level of Waterside and Green Plains and adding new suburbs -- hopefully it'll stop me from getting infected bounties in the bricks anymore.

Edited by Zingman, 20 March 2017 - 07:05 PM.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 505 posts

all these updates sound great cant wait :)

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

We're working on Tactics Manuals at the moment. Here's some quick answers on that:

- There'll only be a handful of components needed

- You'll get the components randomly from recycling books

- Your Tactics Planning skill will be increased by crafting Tactics Manuals

- You will need a higher Tactics Planning skill in order to craft higher level Tactics Manuals

- Tactics Manuals and Schematics will be tradable

- Basic Tactics schematics will be available to everyone

- More advanced Tactics Schematics will come from drops and boxes

- There won't be a bench for this category, it will use the existing benches as requirements

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 496 posts

We're working on Tactics Manuals at the moment. Here's some quick answers on that:

- There'll only be a handful of components needed

- You'll get the components randomly from recycling books

- Your Tactics Planning skill will be increased by crafting Tactics Manuals

- You will need a higher Tactics Planning skill in order to craft higher level Tactics Manuals

- Tactics Manuals and Schematics will be tradable

- Basic Tactics schematics will be available to everyone

- More advanced Tactics Schematics will come from drops and boxes

- There won't be a bench for this category, it will use the existing benches as requirements

By randomly do you mean that every other book will give components or every book will give a random number of components?

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

By randomly do you mean that every other book will give components or every book will give a random number of components?

Each book will give you something, what that something is and how many, will be random. There's only about 4 or 5 individual components total. 

So you might recycle a book and get the base components, or you might get lucky and end up with some bonus components.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 496 posts

Each book will give you something, what that something is and how many, will be random. There's only about 4 or 5 individual components total. 

So you might recycle a book and get the base components, or you might get lucky and end up with some bonus components.

OK ty now to stock up on useless books :)

chris327

chris327
  • 76 posts
Does this mean books will take a longer time in the recyclers? If so that's not going to be fun

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

Does this mean books will take a longer time in the recyclers? If so that's not going to be fun

There will most likely be a time increase in recycler time from zero, yes.

hankjwimbleton58

hankjwimbleton58
  • 31 posts

Any word on when this book update goes live, Con?

Lucio 1995

Lucio 1995
  • 45 posts

A table with a map of the Dead Zone and miscellaneous objects around it would look nice. If not as a new crafting construction, as a cosmetic addition.

How will HERC Bunkers be "uncovered"?

Edited by Lucio 1995, 21 March 2017 - 01:17 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,150 posts

Any word on when this book update goes live, Con?

When it's ready.

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Looks interesting enough. Will there be any changes done to the Island or the Stadium, like a "thrird wave" or something? Or maybe a high activity island run?

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 96 posts

High activity zones and passives! Really looking forward to these! It will really seem more zombie-like with swarms/hordes, and passives will make my survivors a lot less stagnant.

Edited by Reddy5, 21 March 2017 - 03:18 AM.

lael

lael
  • 224 posts

Hi.  Considering that there have been so many "component " additions over the past few years with research etcetera is it possible to just increase everyone's inventory space to accomodate all the additions or make the inventory upgrade available again to purchase with fuel?  I have lost a considerable amount of inventory space with all the new and continuing game additions.  I know many other players have similar concerns about their potential loss of inventory space, so I am re-addressing the issue here.  Thank you.