Photo

Forge Our Own Weapons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ArthronOfFir3

ArthronOfFir3
  • 5 posts

ok, I've offline from the game good time but I've returned with new hope, but I noticed something that was not added, Blacksmithing.
I've made weapons in my backyard before with anything I would find in a real zombie apocalypse, live making a machete out of a broken crowbar or a hunter's knife from a steel railroad nail. yes I know there is limitations but knowing a skill that should be in-game is something that would allow us to make some weapons, but certain ones that are premium weapons will not be forged by us at all. the quality is determined by your highest engineer, but the type of weapon will be costly(seeing a trade off here). if you've seen blacksmiths at work, you know it takes time to forge a weapon, but what about crafting your own personal weapon for certain roles. if you have any ideas or suggestions, I'm open for change. also, if you think on armor as well, one example is armor made out of shovels(not saying, but the metal in shovels is strong)

- Arthron

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 525 posts
So, you mean something like Crafting? Because that's already implemented

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

So, you mean something like Crafting? Because that's already implemented

Yeah, but not the useless template ones we get on the bench, I think he means like straight up, I want a scope on it, I have a scope, I can put one on the gun I want. Or some form or another. Maybe just make more improvised weapons, but we come up with the ideas, maybe send them to Con and they take it and implement it into the game? 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 525 posts
Straight up adding stuff to weapons is not allowed for a reason: it can lead to overpowered items. That's why we have a limited pool of crafting templates: since they are always avaliable and they can get bonuses every time you craft, you need to limit the potential of those weapons somehow. Even crafting kits are balanced to account for this.