Photo

Feedback As Of Early April

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sherman_the_burninator

Sherman_the_burninator
  • 7 posts

I've got about four hours in.  Here's what I've noticed:

-The audio settings don't seem to work.  I can mute voices, music and UI, but when I mute the sound effects it doesn't do anything.  I am still getting loud wind whistling and explosions and can't hear what I want to listen to (which is mostly my neighbors yelling at each other and soppy godawful twee pop).

-Every once in a while there are bugs that seem to cause the victory arm-pumping animation not to play.

-There are a few typos and mistakes that irritate military technology nerds such as myself.  The M1A1 has a 120mm M256 cannon, not a 105mm as stated in game.  The Havok attack helo is labeled as an M128, it should be Mi-28.  The ammunition type unlock icons for the T-90 show one-piece NATO 120mm ammo, not two-piece 125mm ammo like the T-90 actually uses.

-What does the "RUS-T90-RECOVERY" unlock do?  There is no description in game, and the name even looks like a placeholder.

-Where are there two forward slashes in front of "UNLOCKS" in the unit customization menu?

-My biggest complaint is that there is a general lack of transparency in the UI.  I can customize my units, but I have only a very vague idea of how they're going to perform aside from cooldown time.  I think this is part of why big, human wave attacks are the best strategy so far (they're working well for me, at least).  There might be counterplay to the human wave zerg rush, but it's hidden because the UI isn't specific enough.  An unlock increases unit range.  Great, how much by?  What is my unit's current range?  What is its speed?  What are the damage modifiers for infantry/vehicles/cover?  What are the health values?  I don't want FPS style bars.  FPS style bars trigger me because all power gamers know those things lie egregiously.  Give me the real numbers.

Sherman_the_burninator

Sherman_the_burninator
  • 7 posts

The 4/5 patch did seem to fix the sound issue, and the mystery training unlock has been renamed "Recovery Training."  I have not noticed the animation bug again.

My other comments stand.

Sherman_the_burninator

Sherman_the_burninator
  • 7 posts

Is there any way you could have the unlock descriptions display stats directly from the files?  As it is, a number of them have hidden effects that are not mentioned in the descriptions.  Grenadier kit for the Russian riflemen, for example, reduces reinforcements by 2.  The description never mentions this fact.