30 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

easter-2017.jpg

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 561 posts

Con I just want to say I love the look of the Manning ER 500 and the way it operates

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 13 April 2017 - 01:17 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Time to hunt Wabbits....

longorjames

longorjames
  • 209 posts

Crafts that start out low lvl and then have to be upgraded to max aren't that good... like 45 then maxes out at 50. For one thing the upgrading costs a lot of fuel, multiply that by all the weapons you want to use, if you wanted 1 of each or something... that would cost a pretty hefty amount of fuel.

And lvl 50 isn't end game anymore. Unless Con thinks we will use lvl 50 gear with the book that makes gears require high levels to use books for bonus exp, which doesn't make sense to use if you're already at lvl 55... 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

Crafts that start out low lvl and then have to be upgraded to max aren't that good... like 45 then maxes out at 50. For one thing the upgrading costs a lot of fuel, multiply that by all the weapons you want to use, if you wanted 1 of each or something... that would cost a pretty hefty amount of fuel.

And lvl 50 isn't end game anymore. Unless Con thinks we will use lvl 50 gear with the book that makes gears require high levels to use books for bonus exp, which doesn't make sense to use if you're already at lvl 55... 

Hell_zpscgcqt5q8.jpg

Martinichaos

Martinichaos
  • 49 posts

Sometimes you just craft stuff for the funzies.

For example, my lovely ak

http://imgur.com/pUZzJv3

Edited by Martinichaos, 16 April 2017 - 02:56 PM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

i wouldn't mind seeing upgrade costs being heavily lowered, but capped so you can't reduce them to be non-existant. I dislike crafting a level 40/45 weapon, even if the stats are solid.

In fact, it'd be nice if there was some sort of slider for both schems that would put the weapon within a certain level range. the regular ones would go from say level 15 to level 25, and would be upgradeable 5 levels past that. The stats would obviously adjust depending on what level it was, but the fuel cost would increase.

Lets say an item costs 100 fuel to craft at level 40. Bringing it up to level 55 would make that cost around 500. That's not really exact math, keep that in mind.

This would only be for event items. 

But for my thoughts on the actual event? I like every single weapon here. They all are pretty unique, and they have one or two big advantages while also having a disadvantage. And a 4 min range long rifle with 0.3 aim time? This will certainly be interesting.

I'd like to see weapons like these continue to happen, and a way to recraft them at a later date (event schems for HERC bunkers anyone?)

CARNIFLEX

CARNIFLEX
  • 6 posts

I don´t really understand the stats on the SKOGR BOW:

It has an ammo cost of 101 and

a fire rate of 100 APS but a DPS of only 79 (30-40 damage a shot)

Any and all previous bows have an ammo cost of 5 and well, a more reasonable APS of around 4. 

Is this a bug or what?

Ps. can´t figure out how to post a screenshot. Help needed.

Edited by CARNIFLEX, 15 April 2017 - 10:04 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 455 posts

I don´t really understand the stats on the SKOGR BOW:

It has an ammo cost of 101 and
a fire rate of 100 APS but a DPS of only 79 (30-40 damage a shot)

Any and all previous bows have an ammo cost of 5 and well, a more reasonable APS of around 4.

Is this a bug or what?
Ps. can´t figure out how to post a screenshot. Help needed.

You might want to explain exactly what don't you understand about that.
For screenshots, you need to upload it to a file hosting site (such as TinyPic) and copy the link using the following format (with the parenthesis substituted by these: [. ]):

(Img)your_picture_url.jpg(/img)

Some image hosting sites already give you te link ready to paste in a forum (TinyPic does)

Edited by Lana Woo, 16 April 2017 - 04:39 AM.

CARNIFLEX

CARNIFLEX
  • 6 posts

You might want to explain exactly what don't you understand about that.
For screenshots, you need to upload it to a file hosting site (such as TinyPic) and copy the link using the following format (with the parenthesis substituted by these: [. ]):

(Img)your_picture_url.jpg(/img)

Some image hosting sites already give you te link ready to paste in a forum (TinyPic does)

Thanks for the screenshot explanation!

Back to the bow:

If it has an attack rate of 100 per second and a damage output of 40 per shot, the damage per second should be around 4000, not 79 as advertised. No other weapon in the game for me so far (including smgs) has an attack rate higher than 20 (I´m currently level 34). It is unreasonable and odd for a BOW to have such stats.

And for the ammo cost of 101: well let´s just say that the bow becomes less usefull if it has no gain over a silenced sniper rifle. As I previously stated, all other bows have a VERY low ammo cost, wich makes them ideal if ammo is an issue.

Did that clear things up?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 455 posts

Thanks for the screenshot explanation!

Back to the bow:

If it has an attack rate of 100 per second and a damage output of 40 per shot, the damage per second should be around 4000, not 79 as advertised. No other weapon in the game for me so far (including smgs) has an attack rate higher than 20 (I´m currently level 34). It is unreasonable and odd for a BOW to have such stats.

And for the ammo cost of 101: well let´s just say that the bow becomes less usefull if it has no gain over a silenced sniper rifle. As I previously stated, all other bows have a VERY low ammo cost, wich makes them ideal if ammo is an issue.

Did that clear things up?

You need to take into account three things: the reload speed, the accuracy and the aim time.

Bows have a capacity of 1, so in each shot they have to reload and re-aim. The aim time is 0.1 and the reload time is 0.2, so a single arrow will be shot every:

Aim time (0.1  s) + Reload time (0.2 s) + APS time (0.01 s) = 0.31 seconds

If the damage is 30-40, that means the damage per second (assuming 100% accuracy) is:

Minimum:   30 / 0.31 = 96.77 DPS

Maximum:  40 / 0.31 = 129.03 DPS

Now, with an accuracy of 70%:

Minimum:   96.77 x 0.7 = 67.73 DPS

Maximum:  129.03 x 0.7 = 90.32 DPS

If we take the average (mean) value of the maximum and minimum DPS to find the weapon's listed DPS:

(67.73 + 90.32) / 2 = 79.02 DPS

In conclusion, even if you have a very high APS you cannot shoot faster than allowed by the aim time and reload time. If it were an automatic weapon, you would shoot several bullets before having to spend time reloading and re-aiming, but this being a single-shot weapon is severely limited by this. That's why only a bow (or other single-shot weapon) can have such high APS without resulting too overpowered.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Lana Woo, 17 April 2017 - 02:32 PM.

ODY55EUS

ODY55EUS
  • 5 posts

Crafting is an amusing pastime for those of us who have shitty luck with looting items.  Not overly convinced by this new line up, however I will give it a shot.

CARNIFLEX

CARNIFLEX
  • 6 posts

You need to take into account three things: the reload speed, the accuracy and the aim time.

Bows have a capacity of 1, so in each shot they have to reload and re-aim. The aim time is 0.1 and the reload time is 0.2, so a single arrow will be shot every:

Aim time (0.1  s) + Reload time (0.2 s) + APS time (0.01 s) = 0.31 seconds

If the damage is 30-40, that means the damage per second (assuming 100% accuracy) is:

Minimum:   30 / 0.31 = 96.77 DPS

Maximum:  40 / 0.31 = 129.03 DPS

Now, with an accuracy of 70%:

Minimum:   96.77 x 0.7 = 67.73 DPS

Maximum:  129.03 x 0.7 = 90.32 DPS

If we take the average (mean) value of the maximum and minimum DPS to find the weapon's listed DPS:

(67.73 + 90.32) / 2 = 79.02 DPS

In conclusion, even if you have a very high APS you cannot shoot faster than allowed by the aim time and reload time. If it were an automatic weapon, you would shoot several bullets before having to spend time reloading and re-aiming, but this being a single-shot weapon is severely limited by this. That's why only a bow (or other single-shot weapon) can have such high APS without resulting too overpowered.

Hope this helps :)

Well firstly I think the calculations you made sound correct, but I still wonder about the APS, since all other bows have an APS more like 4. 

I would still like some feedback on the ammo cost though, because I´m thinking about crafting one, but if it really is over 100, then it´s basically useless.

Here it is compared to the one I already got.

b6d0s7.jpg

idawjq.png

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

Well firstly I think the calculations you made sound correct, but I still wonder about the APS, since all other bows have an APS more like 4. 

I would still like some feedback on the ammo cost though, because I´m thinking about crafting one, but if it really is over 100, then it´s basically useless.

Here it is compared to the one I already got.

That dps is a bit off, considering not only are crafting bonuses not there, but the hit chance is only 70% for the skogr bow, and if put on a survivor, it would go up to likely 99%. Yes, the damage would go up for the uni bow but it would also go up for the other, and considering it already has 99% hit chance, I believe the skogr bow would have a much higher actual dps than the normal bow.

Also, the main advantage of the skogr bow, and probably the reason for its high ammo cost, is that it doesn't have aim time (well, it does, but it has the same aim time as all other normal weapons), as well as having very little reload time.

This, paired with arrows, could actually be a really good weapon.

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Yeah you guys are correct on those calculations. It is odd that you get a number as high as 100 as the APS of a single shot weapon, but this was done to make the bow functionally unique when compared with other bows in the game.

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 396 posts

Yeah you guys are correct on those calculations. It is odd that you get a number as high as 100 as the APS of a single shot weapon, but this was done to make the bow functionally unique when compared with other bows in the game.

But if it's single shot, how does the APS make a difference at all?

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Because the weapon still has a tiny amount of time it takes to fire a single shot.
Reducing this 'waiting time', even on a weapon with a capacity of 1, will increase the overall DPS.

Essentially, the box fires, waits .01 seconds, then reloads.
Other bows in the game fire, wait .25 seconds, then reload.

nikkz

nikkz
  • 7 posts
Event weapon is best to be a collection

CARNIFLEX

CARNIFLEX
  • 6 posts

Because the weapon still has a tiny amount of time it takes to fire a single shot.
Reducing this 'waiting time', even on a weapon with a capacity of 1, will increase the overall DPS.

Essentially, the box fires, waits .01 seconds, then reloads.
Other bows in the game fire, wait .25 seconds, then reload.

Thank you for the reply. I would still like to know what this bow is meant to compete with though, thinking in particular of the high ammo cost? I mean the only thing bows really got going for them is low ammo cost. Yes they make almost no noise, but it´s not really all that competitive as a feature, seeing how they don´t even fall under any bonus damage/accuracy category, and silenced long rifles do. 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 455 posts

Thank you for the reply. I would still like to know what this bow is meant to compete with though, thinking in particular of the high ammo cost? I mean the only thing bows really got going for them is low ammo cost. Yes they make almost no noise, but it´s not really all that competitive as a feature, seeing how they don´t even fall under any bonus damage/accuracy category, and silenced long rifles do. 

In my opinion, event weapons are rarely about competing with other weapons, and more about playing with the "regular" stats and/or the collectible value. Sometimes you will find some that will rival or even surpass most weapons in its kind (like the 666 and the Golden Liberty), but that's not the whole point.

Also, bows do have a damage/accuracy bonus when equipped by scavengers.  So yes, they are a better support weapon to equip by them than a silenced long rifle.

Edited by Lana Woo, 18 April 2017 - 06:56 PM.