Photo

Rabbit Season

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

CARNIFLEX

CARNIFLEX
  • 6 posts

In my opinion, event weapons are rarely about competing with other weapons, and more about playing with the "regular" stats and/or the collectible value. Sometimes you will find some that will rival or even surpass most weapons in its kind (like the 666 and the Golden Liberty), but that's not the whole point.

Also, bows do have a damage/accuracy bonus when equipped by scavengers.  So yes, they are a better support weapon to equip by them than a silenced long rifle.

I´m not quite sure where you get your info on the damage/accuracy bonus from. I did some testing and both the Recon and the Fighter had better stats with the same bow than the Scavanger. Maybe there is a class bonus for the bows, but it is not officially stated in the game, since the bow is a category of its own.

I also believe that the developers must have put some extra effort into making useful tools, rather than just randomly playing around with stats to make a unique collectible that is only intended to be mothballed. I mean they aren´t exactly cheap to make for the casual player. So yes, I do believe they are meant to be competetive with other weapons, otherwise there is no incentive to make them in my opinion.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 410 posts

I´m not quite sure where you get your info on the damage/accuracy bonus from. I did some testing and both the Recon and the Fighter had better stats with the same bow than the Scavanger. Maybe there is a class bonus for the bows, but it is not officially stated in the game, since the bow is a category of its own.
I also believe that the developers must have put some extra effort into making useful tools, rather than just randomly playing around with stats to make a unique collectible that is only intended to be mothballed. I mean they aren´t exactly cheap to make for the casual player. So yes, I do believe they are meant to be competetive with other weapons, otherwise there is no incentive to make them in my opinion.

I tool the bow specialization from here, and also from here:

ddi33m.jpg

54ha83.jpg

The higher DPS you are seeing in the fighters and recons is due to their higher Ranged Combat. They will always have more DPS in any ranged weapon. Besides, my point was that scavengers will get higher DPS with that bow that with a LR of similar stats, not that scavengers would get the most DPS out of bows.
In the end, it's your choice if you craft them or not. Remember that crafting is a bet, and you can end up with something awesome or something crappy.

Edited by Lana Woo, 19 April 2017 - 08:47 PM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 161 posts

can anyone post the TRUE DPS formula(I needed it for predicting whether a weapon is worthy to use(and upgrade) on such specific level or not)?

Edited by Luke Ridiculous, 19 April 2017 - 05:45 AM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 161 posts

Rabbit Season:A missed opportunity to make an event themed bandana,I suggest the name for it is "Buck's Black/Blackened Bandana"

still an awesome event though :)

Edited by Luke Ridiculous, 19 April 2017 - 05:04 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 410 posts

can anyone post the TRUE DPS formula(I needed it for predicting whether a weapon is worthy to use(and upgrade) on such specific level or not)?

This is the one I have so far:

34jcaax.jpg

Where

Average damage = (Max. damage + Min. damage) / 2

It still produces some variations (< 5 DPS in what I've tested so far), but if you want to estimate the DPS it works.

Edited by Lana Woo, 21 April 2017 - 02:04 PM.

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 43 posts

Will Con gonna slightly extend the available time for the event?

As this round have no boost that can reducing the crafting cost...If Con can extend the time,I think we will be able to craft the event stuff with a lower price,since we can got the alliance crafting boost in next round.... :c

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 43 posts

Not enough...Alliance boost is always cheaper than the prem box's boost and warbox.

The prem box are not necessary to give a crafting boost..You may acquired other unrelated boost from the boxes...Moreover,the prem key are quite expensive. You may cost a lot of key for the crafting boost..

I have already opened 40+ warbox in other event before..They only give crafting quality buff(which is related to crafting).. I almost never seen the war box have give any boost that reducing the crafting cost.(And It is not available for the players have equipped WF)

However,the alliance boost is much reliable and cheaper than these two type of boxes. As your alliance can activate the boost with their token,and provide a boost on both crafting quality and cost,but without any cost to the players.(at least don't need to cost their time to collect the war box and prem key.

Delay the expiry date to the end of the next week would enable us to use the alliance boost and craft the event stuff with a lower cost.

They even can scavenge more component for the crafting within the extended event.

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 43 posts

Not really..That book would bring higher fuel cost to other player..However,that book still can't bring enough benefit for the players..As you will need to pay more fuel,but still crafted a weapon with crap stat.

But the alliance boost still can guarantee that you will have a lower fuel cost,and it may bring the same crap stat,too.. At least it can reduce the fuel cost for crafting that stuff.

And that's why I would think extend the event crafting time would be more beneficial to other players..as it allow us to craft the event stuff with a lower price with the boost of alliance. Apart from that, I don't think there would have any bad effects bring to the players with a extended crafting time..

I hope Con can have a quick answer for this...as the expiry time getting closer and I still looking forward to craft the event stuff with cheaper price.

Edited by Hakusai, 23 April 2017 - 09:32 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 410 posts

Not really..That book would bring higher fuel cost to other player..However,that book still can't bring enough benefit for the players..As you will need to pay more fuel,but still crafted a weapon with crap stat.

But the alliance boost still can guarantee that you will have a lower fuel cost,and it may bring the same crap stat,too.. At least it can reduce the fuel cost for crafting that stuff.

And that's why I would think extend the event crafting time would be more beneficial to other players..as it allow us to craft the event stuff with a lower price with the boost of alliance. Apart from that, I don't think there would have any bad effects bring to the players with a extended crafting time..

I hope Con can have a quick answer for this...as the expiry time getting closer and I still looking forward to craft the event stuff with cheaper price.

I would say go ahead and craft the items. There have been other times where the crafting takes place in a week without the crafting bonus, and the time was not extended.

Edited by Lana Woo, 23 April 2017 - 01:38 PM.

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 43 posts

I know. But my wish about extend the event time to acquire the alliance crafting boost still haven't changed. I have also played this game for years. The event always have a longer time and we always have the opportunity to enjoy the crafting with the alliance boost.But this event was a rare occasion that having a shorter time. Thats why I want CAG to extend the event time,as I still want to save my fuel.

However,the fact that CAG won't extend the event time seeming to be confirmed...Seem I have consume more fuel than I expected first or the event will be expired.... :(

Btw,RIP fuel and the alliance crafting boost at this time :/

Edited by Hakusai, 23 April 2017 - 03:35 PM.

Jaxx

Jaxx
  • 23 posts

Just did terror dome, its still buck boxes, when are u gonna remove that? its way past due isnt it?