Photo

What Is Considered A Quality Item?

Quality item

Best Answer Zingman , 16 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

As far as I know the "quality" modifier (boosts/books/etc.) only affects weapons and gear. 

Components, books, and other non weapon/gear items are determined (to the best of my knowledge) in the first roll of a container.   Since the quality boosts are applied on the second and third rolls (link) this would seemingly preclude them (non weapon/gear items) from being affected by it.

The only book/boost i know of that (for sure) affects the first roll of a container is One Man's Trash, which reduces the odds of finding junk items.   That book however doesn't increase the odds of finding non-junk items, it just removes junk from the drop table, so instead you just find "nothing".

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts
I was just wondering if the chamce to find quality items affected other items besides weapons and gear, like components (for example crafting kits and event components), schematics, research items, infamous notes/components, etc.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 496 posts

As far as I know Quality Items only counts for green and higher weapons and gears while there are other factors for the other things you mentioned

"Rare" Components (Insulation and Shoelaces are the 2 that come to mind but there may be more), Crafting Kits, and Event Components: These are usually based on the level and the location you go to

Schematics: These are guaranteed to be found no matter the % of luck involved

Research Items: There is a cap on these (3 Components and 1 Note per day) but you should be able to find the cap during a day`s playthrough no matter the % of luck

Infamous Notes/Components: The Notes and Components are Rare AF to loot but Infamous Components can be gotten from level 10+ Rares and Unis  so unless a player never recycles any Rares/Unis he/she find they should never need to actually loot the Components

Miscellaneous ( Medical Items, Active Gear,Specific Books, Specific Supply Boxes, etc): With the exception of Supply boxes and Active Gear(Both of which need a specific level to acquire the different types) it does not matter where you look or what level you look in  to get these

Now most of this is opinion mixed with some experience so don`t think this is 100% accurate 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,150 posts
✓  Best Answer

As far as I know the "quality" modifier (boosts/books/etc.) only affects weapons and gear. 

Components, books, and other non weapon/gear items are determined (to the best of my knowledge) in the first roll of a container.   Since the quality boosts are applied on the second and third rolls (link) this would seemingly preclude them (non weapon/gear items) from being affected by it.

The only book/boost i know of that (for sure) affects the first roll of a container is One Man's Trash, which reduces the odds of finding junk items.   That book however doesn't increase the odds of finding non-junk items, it just removes junk from the drop table, so instead you just find "nothing".

Edited by Zingman, 16 April 2017 - 07:27 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

Ok then, thank you for your answers :)

It would be great if we had some way to increase the chances to find "quality" components, in the same way he have a book for finding more supply boxes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Quality, item