Photo

More Melee Madness

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

lael

lael
  • 242 posts

I know I said I would never discuss the melee/nade "exploit" attack topic again, but I really do not know if what I am about to post is related to that.  More melee madness or weirdness that I have noticed now involves defense strategy.  Apparently equipping melee or no guns on certain defenders deflects the attackers fire and make their defenders almost invulnerable as the attackers are drawn to the melee ai but are downed by the defenders gun fire.  If this is a raiding bug, then does the intentional use of such "bug", skill, or strategy make it a defense melee exploit?  These melee/no gun defenders are nearly invulnerable except to grenades, but it is difficult to position an attacker to throw a grenade because the attacker is under fire from the defenders while the melee/no gun defender is suppressed.  Maybe this is the other side of the same melee bug coin?  and if so then it really is imperative that con address or fix the issue once and for all.  Lael of FXU  

Megaman X

Megaman X
  • 52 posts

i know what you mean, i also saw this kind of defence..its like 1 defender can protect other 9 survival and that 1 defender is equip without  any weapon and just stand like that..

bug_1.png

bug_2.png

bug_3.png

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts
Absolute defense with creating advance bug!!!

bug.jpg

no weapon but can protect all 9 defender..and no matter what gun we use still cant kill him.
this one defender can protect others defenders which itself immortal. Its a unlogic defence strategy.

I want con to enable this defender(without gun/melee) die when enemy shoot. because that defender is immortal and
can protect others defender with gun behind him.

Edited by BLACKDRAGON, 02 May 2017 - 08:19 AM.

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 44 posts

The defender without any weapon like this is called a dummy.

If you think this is a bug or exploit, I will simply not use it ever again, cause I already think this game has enough exploiters and bug-abusers as is.

Also would like to see it fixed.

Edited by Godzyra___, 02 May 2017 - 12:11 PM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

cocozombie.jpg

even Top raider need a bug to protect their defender.

Edited by BLACKDRAGON, 02 May 2017 - 12:38 PM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 161 posts

The defender without any weapon like this is called a dummy.

If you think this is a bug or exploit, I will simply not use it ever again, cause I already think this game has enough exploiters and bug-abusers as is.

Also would like to see it fixed.

not a bug,but an exploit and I think I MAY have found a solution:

If you've encountered this,don't fire on that particular survivor,down the other defenders 1st then go to the 2nd and so on until the last survivor remains is the unarmed one,if he\she is barricaded,you can either destroy the barricade,fire on an exposed side,or just leave him/her there and go home(no need to waste your time or nades there :D )

Reminder:Target MANUALLY cause I think that the automated targeting/AI targeting there is messed up(and they didn't bother to fix this cause we can  fix it ourselves by thinking critically on how to get out of these kind of situations or maybe they didn't noticed it at 1st,just like the other bugs :3 )

Edited by Luke Ridiculous, 02 May 2017 - 12:43 PM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

not a bug,but an exploit and I think I MAY have found a solution:

If you've encountered this,don't fire on that particular survivor,down the other defenders 1st then go to the 2nd and so on until the last survivor remains is the unarmed one,if he\she is barricaded,you can either destroy the barricade,fire on an exposed side,or just leave him/her there and go home(no need to waste your time or nades there :D )

Reminder:Target MANUALLY cause I think that the automated targeting/AI targeting there is messed up(and they didn't bother to fix this cause we can  fix it ourselves by thinking critically on how to get out of these kind of situations or maybe they didn't noticed it at 1st,just like the other bugs :3 )

thats not solution bro, before making a manual targeting your all 5 survivor already dead. You raid him first and you will know, how this bug work.

Edited by BLACKDRAGON, 02 May 2017 - 12:45 PM.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

And even blacky and megaman used dummies in their defenses but complain now.

I totally agree it is melee exploiting in defense and shoul be fixed.

I doubt it will but at least I hope.

Godzyra gets downvoted for no reason, I don't understand this community.

Downvotes welcome btw :)

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 44 posts

Why did you downvote my post? I admit to using dummies, I said I will never do it again.

What more do you want from me?

There are tons of people who use this, including Megaman and Blackdragn about 2 weeks and longer ago, I didn't want to bring it up but if you have to downvote me for being honest and for showing my will to change things then at least say you used it too.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 161 posts

thats not solution bro

I don't raid and the closest thing that I could test this is by raiding my own compound,I'm really sorry(i'm just a poor looter and my best guns are 27.5-37.5 rangers)

before making a manual targeting your all 5 survivor already dead.

errrrr...well,that's not on my hands anymore(nor the devs,unless they fix this) and I'm pretty sure that also goes to everybody that raids a pretty great defender,killed before even shot any bullets :/ (that's the exact reason why I don't raid,too many good defenders with impenetrable layouts or they're alts)

and I also noticed that they can't be killed without destroying the barricade 1st as I mentioned earlier(yes the dummy)

Edited by Luke Ridiculous, 02 May 2017 - 01:03 PM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

There are tons of people who use this, including Megaman and Blackdragn about 2 weeks and longer ago, I didn't want to bring it up but if you have to 

including me and megaman? are you blind bro? you check my compound first before speak here. and post the proof before speak. 

Edited by BLACKDRAGON, 02 May 2017 - 01:05 PM.

Megaman X

Megaman X
  • 52 posts

And even blacky and megaman used dummies in their defenses but complain now.

really did u have any proof?? u White flag for 3-4 month and didnt raid me, dont compare me with your group..

There are tons of people who use this, including Megaman and Blackdragn about 2 weeks and longer ago.

u post the proof first before talk about us..im fair raider not like your group.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

cherry and gorila can you go away from this post. We here ask con/sev to fix this. 

Look like you want trying to protecting something, thats why keep reply your nonsence post.

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 44 posts

Again you do not even try to read what I wrote.

I also want them to fix this.

I cannot proof something from 2 or longer weeks ago, I never made screenshots of bases using dummies before, cause I had no reason to.

Since you cannot or will not speak the truth about you using this as well, then yes, I will abandon this thread. 

If you do not remember, MEGAMAN X, you had a survivor with a Warbringer hidden behind flags and a tower in the middle of your base a month ago, and you Blackdragn also had a hidden dummy with a Warbringer equipped closest to the road 2 weeks and longer ago.

Just because you hid them behind buildings, does not mean you didn't use them, that's not how it works.

Edited by Godzyra___, 02 May 2017 - 01:21 PM.

Megaman X

Megaman X
  • 52 posts

Warbringer hidden behind flags and a tower in the middle of your base a month ago.

a month ago? no i equip my survival with 27% range minigun + herc armor

you are clueless, deside yourself first before post here.

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 261 posts

Yeah i can see how this is problematic, if i remember correctly, usually the closer defender will be targeted, so if you spawn in that side you are S.O.L before you even get to manual target, usually melee on defense is nothing more than annoying, however in such a case like this where if you spawn under fire you can be dead before you can even do anything.

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 491 posts

Blackdragon and MegaMan will happily abuse bugs and exploits up until the point people start to use these things against them, melee exploit first and now dummies, it's truly laughable. There's a cute little circle jerk among FxU members and their alt accounts on forums where they flood their own posts with upvotes and downvote anyone who says anything sensible in reply if it's someone they don't like.

Megaman X

Megaman X
  • 52 posts

Blackdragon and MegaMan will happily abuse bugs and exploits up until the point people start to use these things against them, melee exploit first and now dummies, it's truly laughable. There's a cute little circle jerk among FxU members and their alt accounts on forums where they flood their own posts with upvotes and downvote anyone who says anything sensible in reply if it's someone they don't like.

im here to ask con/sev to fix this bug, i don't have time for argument with moron like u...

you only here to start argument so don't be jelly

or maybe you also use this bug for defence?

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Question(s):

1.  In the above pictures posted by Megaman, the compounds shown are setup in the parking lot (more or less).  could you not spawn/start opposite to the "dummy" and thus engage the gun defenders that way?   If the attackers are going for the melee defender, regardless of position (and thus firing over the gun defenders), then there is a serious flaw in the targeting AI.

2.  Irrespective of the targeting AI, would manual targeting not work?

lael

lael
  • 242 posts

WOW.  Again, I started this post to raise awareness about what seems to me to be the apparent invulnerability of the use of melee or no gun equipped on defense (and no zingman see above , manual targeting does not work in this case.)  I had never seen a post about this before on forums nor had any idea how widespread the knowledge of this, i don't even know what to call it at this point, is but clearly others have known for some time to the point of naming "it" "the dummy" and have unabashedly employed "it" the dummy while vilifying, persecuting and crucifying those that have employed melee to raid on attack.  If raising awareness of game imbalances and asking the game developers to investigate and clarify for the benefit of all without resorting to name-calling makes me "a jerk", then a jerk, I am. Lael of FxU

Edited by lael, 03 May 2017 - 12:07 AM.