Photo

Patch 1.75 Build 2201

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Sev

Sev
  • 547 posts
I don't normally write detailed patch notes for minor updates but there were a number of things in today's update that I thought I should explain in some details.

I've been playing around with the AI a fair bit this last week, tweaking things based on feedback.  Overall I believe that things seem to be playing better, but I can't run as many different scenarios as you guys can, so I will be relying on you to give some feedback in regards to how successful these changes have been.

A lot of the focus has been on how the survivors evaluate threats.  I have added some modifiers to make enemies more / less threatening in certain circumstances.  They seem to make sense from a coding point of view, but they may need to be tweaked based on what live testing tells us.

We also think that we have found a couple of bugs that have been plaguing us for a while.

AI
- Melee survivors in cover are now considered less of a threat than armed survivors around them.
- Defender AI will now try to focus on multiple attackers if they can
- A bug with melee attackers not being considered targets has been fixed
- Defenders who are assigned to broken cover points should no longer start running around and should not stop shooting
- Lots of other little tweaks

Compound
- Changes made to the compound layout should be applied when you start a practice mission
- Assigning two survivors to the same cell by overlapping building boundaries will now result in the second survivor being placed on a random cell around the building.
- The slot that you assign a defender to will now be honoured when someone attacks your compound (previously they just collapsed to one end of the cover)

Stability
- Fixed a bug that could be causing some save fails on particularly active players
- Possibly fixed the bug that caused effect books to be cleared (confident, but not sure)
- Updated to a newer version of our 3rd party server software, which we hope will improve stability

As always, if you find any bugs, please let us know.  Please also keep it civil.

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 68 posts

Great! I hope the book patch works. Can get back the 6 day Trained that disappeared after only two hours of use?

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Many of us hoped with this update Rabbit Season in Terror Dome would have ended finally.

We gonna hunt rabbit till Z-Mas now? ;)

Btw, looks like the fixes work as far as I tested.

Edited by Cherry, 08 May 2017 - 08:28 AM.

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 38 posts

- The slot that you assign a defender to will now be honoured when someone attacks your compound (previously they just collapsed to one end of the cover)

Great update and I especially love this part ^.

Been struggling with that way too long as well.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Books still get unequipped, happened just now.

All books from inventory vanished as well but reloading brought them back, still had to equip books again.

H8MjLys.jpg

Ivan

Ivan
  • 554 posts

- Defender AI will now try to focus on multiple attackers if they can

This might be a big problem, especially at high lvls but possibly even all over the field. This might be 10vs5 defenders advantage pushed too far. Guess testing will show, but even without testing I can see a lot of lvl55 compounds becoming unbeatable.

GreenJedi

GreenJedi
  • 3 posts

- Defenders who are assigned to broken cover points should no longer start running around and should not stop shooting

This was pure horror - it scared the shit out of me to have three recons unassigned to cover literally run at one of my guys and kill them in seconds flat. I jumped out of my seat when it first happened, it was very unexpected. Glad to see it's fixed now, though it's a shame I can't do it to other people :P

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 498 posts

Started the terror dome  and the rewards are still bucks components :/

Also there are still EXO components from the 2016 Halloween event in stores

Amdryuz

Amdryuz
  • 1 posts

Parte de mis objetos es decir algunas de mis trampas y almacenes de recursos han desaparecido al iniciar mi juego pero actualice la pagina y pude recuperar lo . 

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 68 posts

Books still get unequipped, happened just now.

All books from inventory vanished as well but reloading brought them back, still had to equip books again.

H8MjLys.jpg

Were any of them timed books? 

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Any good reason why premium boxes don't drop at the moment?

Why did you change this?

For me it sems to be normal that defenders with broken cover try to get in range of attackers.

Edited by Cherry, 09 May 2017 - 05:44 AM.

DarkKnightKing

DarkKnightKing
  • 31 posts

Im seeing many high level raiders complaining about the level of suppression now.

#KissesForIvan

Sev

Sev
  • 547 posts

The easter rewards still being there was an oversight - they will be removed in th enext maintenance.

Premium Drop Rates haven't been changed.

I made the out of cover gunman stop running because we were shown videos showing that they were broken.  They would chase players without attacking, which makes them kinda pointless.

If you are seeing unarmed survivors in compounds, please email us with the name of the player you were attacking

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Premium Drop Rates haven't been changed.

I made the out of cover gunman stop running because we were shown videos showing that they were broken.  They would chase players without attacking, which makes them kinda pointless.

Unfortunately premium boxes stopped dropping few days ago. It is not just me, whole trade is complaining.

I expected a new series is coming ... but none.

The out of cover gunmen hit me hard several times especially at low level. Guess they didn't just chase all the time.

Edited by Cherry, 09 May 2017 - 06:05 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,038 posts

New series of Premium Box is on the way. 

Drackull

Drackull
  • 4 posts

It might just be me yet I seem to be having a lot more disconnects after the patch ....

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

same here and also got disable alliance flag. around 3-5 times i refresh :(

Sev

Sev
  • 547 posts

Unfortunately premium boxes stopped dropping few days ago. It is not just me, whole trade is complaining.

I expected a new series is coming ... but none.

The out of cover gunmen hit me hard several times especially at low level. Guess they didn't just chase all the time.

Apologies - I misunderstood.  Whilst there were no changes made to the drop rates in the last update, they current boxes appear to have expired around  that same time.

It might just be me yet I seem to be having a lot more disconnects after the patch ....

same here and also got disable alliance flag. around 3-5 times i refresh :(

Is there any particular time / situation where you are getting the disconnects?  Start up, after missions, etc? 

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 156 posts

Is there any particular time / situation where you are getting the disconnects?  Start up, after missions, etc? 

the mission will not start and the alliance tab is disabled :( the start up is still okay

Drackull

Drackull
  • 4 posts

Apologies - I misunderstood.  Whilst there were no changes made to the drop rates in the last update, they current boxes appear to have expired around  that same time.

I get the disconnects sometimes during missions sometimes changing from map to base and sometimes just talking in chat ... seems if I do not open chat I do not disconnect yet if chat is open I randomly disconnect. not sure if it is a coincidence or not with not disconnecting when chat is not on.