Photo

Patch 1.75 Build 2201

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 525 posts
What server are you playing on? I'm on Armor Games and the rewards there are back to normal

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 25 posts

Why are all the people complaining about this new update from the same alliance who also finish first most weeks? lol

I like it, I've seen no problems, honestly, until it was mentioned I didn't even know there where changes to raiding, I use glasses/recons etc it's fine. :s

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 25 posts

Also, didn't you just publicly say on a forum you used the SMG exploit...? after threatening someone here for saying they might use bows in defense and talking about not using exploits and  telling me I have to remove my insta reload 107 (which turns out isn't insta reload at all lol)

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 89 posts

If you would rather have that, I could simply use 5 herc armor and RPK which is insta-win against any but the top 3 on the server.

I already explained my reasoning and as far as insta-reload 107's go I haven't ever tried to get people to not use those, if my standin during my hiatus did so I'd have to discuss it with him. They are not game breaking like some of the bow, melee etc exploits are as far as I am aware.

Why we complain even though we will probably still win any round we want is because we care about the game and how it's played. I would complain even if it would weaken my own position. Hell if RPK raiding got easier with the new changes I am doing it to my own detriment :P Raiding is simply the reason most of SP plays the game.

As for not noticing a change I don't know what to tell you. If you tried raiding at lvl 40 and up where people actually randomly one-shot you perhaps you would, or perhaps if you used tactics not involving just spreading out and clicking attack. I am not judging you, I'm simply saying that might explain why you haven't noticed the change.

Have a great day bud!

Edited by ChrisHitchens, 23 May 2017 - 03:05 PM.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Okay after several raids at lvl 42 I finally got the problem, my man with glasses furthest from defenders gets shot permanently.

Old tactics don't work anymore because all get targeted and the weakest target dies usually.

Attacking from far really became more difficult, targets I used to beat with ease are now a big probelm, glasses on recon not recommended anymore.

Suppression is insane even if you attack from far, I need several smokes to kill defenders, quite challenging and game changing/breaking.

lael

lael
  • 279 posts

Hi.  This past raiding round i did encounter either melee or unarmed defender, I could not tell which, and although i could take out the armed defenders after all the armed defenders were downed, my attackers were still automatically and continuously shooting at the melee/unarmed defender who would not die by gunfire.  I did not have time to grenade the defender  which may have stopped the endless shooting with no resulting death or damage.  Why are unarmed/melee defenders still seemingly invulnerable to gunfire?

Keksode

Keksode
  • 16 posts

I did some tests now...

I attacked the hardest compounds on Kongregate of both the richest players and the most experienced raiders available, attacking with RPK and HERC armor by spawning directly in front of the defense structures (as described above).

I used 4 fighters and the leader, equipped with 5 upgraded HERC armors (with a decent + % health crafting boost) and 5 RPK (3/3), dealing 5340 dps in total. I used different masks, combat standards and helmets.

To cut a long story short: I did beat every of those compounds. But it's both stupid and makes PvP more frustrating, not more fun, at least in my opinion. All you have to do is to spawn, wait, throw a smoke grenade, wait. Then take the flag.

No effort, no challenge. The ratio is fine: 100+ war points almost guarenteed for an attack with 5 survivors, that's not bad at all. And it's pretty hard for any player to defend against that.

This kind of attack is so successful – and almost necessary – because of the new defender's AI, I'd say. On the one hand, other attacks became harder, because you can't use tanks in an efficient way anymore, if the defenders just attack all of your attackers, not just the tanks. On the other hand, this kind of attack became easier and more successful, because the defenders don't focus on one attacker anymore, this is suppress and kill them one by one. They just lower the amazingly high amount of health on every attacker a bit.

This leads to a point where skill and practice do not matter much anymore. I'd actually prefer a kind of PvP in which this was the case.

EDIT: word missing

Edited by Keksode, 24 May 2017 - 01:49 PM.

lael

lael
  • 279 posts

Hi sev et. al:  please see cherry's post about unarmed defenders under reports...seems like unarmed defenders are not being automatically equipped with mannings like you mentioned this patch would address under the thread more melee madness in feedback.  Thanks.