Photo

Freezing Then Crash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

kevintingg

kevintingg
  • 8 posts

Hello Warfare Online Developers,

I tried to play a game today but it didn't work out. The same issue happened in the early release version. I've put everything on low quality and unchecked the graphics effects. Whenever I play the game, my computer's fan goes crazy, although Memory, Disk and CPU seem to be fine. During a battle, the gameplay is okay and then halfway into battle, the screen freezes and I hear the audio continuing. Then after a minute the entire game crashes.

I looked at the crash files and it seems to be that d3d11.dll isn't creating buffers and there's an access violation. I've attached other information and the crash files below. (The uploader on this forum only allows 5kb so I had to upload mine remotely)

Thank you!

Kevin

Computer

Windows 10 Home x64 bit

System Model HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC

16GB RAM

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Name Intel® HD Graphics 4600
DirectX 12

Steve

Steve
  • 216 posts

Hi kevintingg,

Thanks for your report, and for posting your specs - that is very helpful.

An Intel HD Graphics 4600 is an onboard video card (it's physically attached to your motherboard). They don't have a lot of power, but in theory you should still be able to run the game on low quality settings.

The crash dump files you supplied indicate that the game attempted to access memory that it did not have access to - barring a fatal flaw in the Unity engine itself (which we would have no control over; we'd have to forward any reports onto the Unity team), it sounds like your graphics adapter may be running out of memory (it's failing to allocate memory to store more information - your d3d11 buffer error).

Onboard graphics have no dedicated VRAM and will use a portion of your system's physical RAM (which you fortunately have plenty of, 16GB). From what I know, you should be able to allocate more RAM to your graphics adapter via your BIOS. I can't provide you with direct instructions on how to do this (every motherboard tends to have different a BIOS), but you should be able to find this out easily via a Google search.

You should also ensure you are running the latest drivers for your graphics adapter (let us know what version you are running!), as these are likely to have to most compatibility with newer games.

I hope that helps, let us know how you go.

kevintingg

kevintingg
  • 8 posts

Steve thank you for taking the time to respond so quickly to my issue.

My graphics adapter version is "Driver Version 10.18.15.4248". I'm pretty sure that is the highest version available to me. I have a HP ENVY 17-k000 laptop that I think is custom manufactured so generic intel graphics drivers dont work. I searched on the HP page and they only have Nvidia drivers. However, the HP update software on my computer did provide me with an update to the Intel graphics driver a few months ago, so Im sure it's updated.

As for the virtual memory, I looked in the BIOS and I can't seem to find an option to allocate RAM to it. When I do play Warfare Online, I have everything on low quality and windowed mode and I close all other processes. I guess for now, I'll lay off for a bit. I can't seem to find any other solution.

Thanks Steve!

Steve

Steve
  • 216 posts

Ah OK, in that case it sounds like your drivers are the likely source of the problem. If you can't use official drivers from the graphics adapter manufacturer, unfortunately there is no guarantee of compatibility with the game engine. Unity has done a great job designing their engine to work with most graphics adapters (and it does work with Intel onboard graphics for the most part), but it can't be guaranteed to work when forced to use non-standard/official drivers.

It is a shame that you can't use the official Intel drivers, as that would be your best bet to remedy the issue. The best I can do at this point is forward your crash report onto the Unity team and hope for a fix in a future update.