Photo

Feedback About The Current State Of The Game

feedback

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 378 posts

What must be said, must be said. I am bored as f. As a veteran player in this game, I can say that I was not entertained in this game for a whole year or more. I am a PvE player only, and Con could not give me any reason to spend time and money on DZ anymore.

I totally understand that the development of WO took up much time and energy, but still, I am simply not satisfied how Con treats those players, who made this game so great.

He and his employees might be excellent programmers, but they forgot how to entertain gamers long time ago.

Zsolti

Edited by zsoleszdc, 10 May 2017 - 10:52 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 672 posts

I sorta have to agree: Union island is repetitive and often a waste of 30 minutes, infected bounties are extremely annoying, whether that is finding 10 herc infected in a level 42 area, or simply getting bounties in areas that actually meet your level range, and the Terror dome is just a waste of fuel.

We need more "quests", more pve stuff. AI compounds was a good step in that direction; shame they're rather bland, have little to no variation, and don't have much worth raiding-wise (no fuel generators for example).

Then we get tactical manuals and they're borderline pointless; they cost too much for the average player, and they give extremely tiny boosts for the most part. On top of that, the amount of exp needed for each level is pretty annoying; if tactical manuals were either free, or much cheaper, i wouldn't care as much, but currently its just a waste of time to actually invest in.

I'm hoping we'll get an update that'll revisit all of these pve related additions and update them/make them worth doing.

The Terror Dome did a good job of scaling to level 55; level 55 players have to go toe to toe with level 57 hordes by the end of the dome (shame the prizes are almost never worth the fuel cost), but Union island didn't really. I hate doing the union only to find a uni bow on the first stage, or just some low tier unique. Honestly, by level 55, most, if not all, of the union island stages should be above at least level 53. I'd also like to see some new things show up at later levels; new herc enemies/weapons, more infected types, different objectives, different map layouts, etc.

HERC bunkers may bring something interesting to the table, but we cannot forget about the current PVE options.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

I sorta have to agree: Union island is repetitive and often a waste of 30 minutes, infected bounties are extremely annoying, whether that is finding 10 herc infected in a level 42 area, or simply getting bounties in areas that actually meet your level range, and the Terror dome is just a waste of fuel.

We need more "quests", more pve stuff. AI compounds was a good step in that direction; shame they're rather bland, have little to no variation, and don't have much worth raiding-wise (no fuel generators for example).

Then we get tactical manuals and they're borderline pointless; they cost too much for the average player, and they give extremely tiny boosts for the most part. On top of that, the amount of exp needed for each level is pretty annoying; if tactical manuals were either free, or much cheaper, i wouldn't care as much, but currently its just a waste of time to actually invest in.

I'm hoping we'll get an update that'll revisit all of these pve related additions and update them/make them worth doing.

The Terror Dome did a good job of scaling to level 55; level 55 players have to go toe to toe with level 57 hordes by the end of the dome (shame the prizes are almost never worth the fuel cost), but Union island didn't really. I hate doing the union only to find a uni bow on the first stage, or just some low tier unique. Honestly, by level 55, most, if not all, of the union island stages should be above at least level 53. I'd also like to see some new things show up at later levels; new herc enemies/weapons, more infected types, different objectives, different map layouts, etc.

HERC bunkers may bring something interesting to the table, but we cannot forget about the current PVE options.

This and the fact that trade is dead most of the time is one of the reasons I finally quit the game

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

The island could do with a few more maps for sure to keep it fresh. The terror dome; well, I guess i've grown tired of the return for the cost. Rares are pointless in game, picking one up as a reward for the dome simply sucks. The game still has a lot of fun for me though, so i'm not done with it yet :)

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

Yep, thanks for the feedback. 

As you pointed out, Warfare ate up a big chunk of development time, especially the last 6 months. No denying that. It's a tricky balancing act for us because we've already made 5 years of content for Dead Zone.

With that said, we're aware that there is a whole bunch of people still playing Dead Zone and a lot of them are at the cap. 

We have a new event starting in the next few weeks that will kick off a new activity for everyone above level 20. Beyond that, we're planning for more end game content, can't say what exactly, but you can expect it sooner rather than later. 

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

We have a new event starting in the next few weeks that will kick off a new activity for everyone above level 20. Beyond that, we're planning for more end game content, can't say what exactly, but you can expect it sooner rather than later. 

cool I might check that out if i`m not too busy 

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

There are many reasons why I am kind of annoyed at the moment.

- most recent updates like AI compounds, Tactics update and not to forget about the tasker update aren't really worth mentioning coz they mean nearly nothing

- Bugfixes, we still have +30% crafts around that don't get nerfed, some players took advantage of a bug, it can't be like this

- no new maps, we play the same maps over and over again, some maps are unplayable for years now due to bad coding. Most players can't do manuals in Large Subways, Unidentified Buildings, Motels and Prisons. Maps are either laggy like hell or flash crashes.

Okay, it is still a flash game and flash limits things ... but the greatest limit is less time spent by developers on a great game that could last few years longer.

I doubt Warfare Online will be as successful as DZ coz it is just missing spirit.

Maybe you like to focus more on this game, give us some content, new challenge.

Terror Dome leaderboard for example needs a reward for leaders of the week, at least if they reached 6k points otherwise its also kinda pointless.

I really miss ideas at the moment.

Last but not least - the support via e-mail is terrible, many players never get a response and are really tired of writing the same shit over and over again ... hoping for an answer. You should really care more about players and their issues.

Finally ... apologies for typos :)

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 161 posts

- most recent updates like AI compounds, Tactics update and not to forget about the tasker update aren't really worth mentioning coz they mean nearly nothing

I've expected that the AI compound has the water we needed cause looting water is a pain in the ass and tactics aren't as useful as you might think(unless mass-crafted and doesn't take up so much space),tasker ups are becoming more difficult as time passes by but the rewards ain't worth it

- Most players can't do manuals in Large Subways, Unidentified Buildings, Motels and Prisons. Maps are either laggy like hell or flash crashes.

*laughs in PC* no problem here :3

but the greatest limit is less time spent by developers on a great game that could last few years longer.

we need a bigger boat for this one :/ and the boat will not ever come until we called for it

Okay,

I really miss ideas at the moment.

ikr,too many shitposts :((no,the ideas aren't super shitty to be considered one but most of them are mediocre at best or we just really,really hate :P *coughs* grenade launchers)

Edited by Luke Ridiculous, 11 May 2017 - 09:18 AM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 161 posts

With that said, we're aware that there is a whole bunch of people still playing Dead Zone

can I have a population count on how many are still playing?

and a lot of them are at the cap. 

or alts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yay :D ,one last question:is it PvE,PvP,both or neither?

Edited by Luke Ridiculous, 11 May 2017 - 09:27 AM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

i think con need to release something like mini game inside dead zone, Like for example Terror dome and Union island. For me the Terror dome and union island are fun to play. But players looking for more update like zombie boss fight event/ zombie collosseum fight that allow us bring favourite weapon to fight? or something related to boss fight?

Edited by BLACKDRAGON, 11 May 2017 - 10:27 AM.

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 161 posts

i think con need to release something like mini game inside dead zone, Like for example Terror doom and Union island. For me the Terror doom and union island are fun to play. But players looking for more update like zombie boss fight event/ zombie collosseum fight that allow us bring favourite weapon to fight? or something related to boss fight?

it's terror dome and Con will release the new hounds from hell:High Activity Zones,you'll get more chances of facing more zombies and s1337 here :)( I wish it has rewards though,cause killing more zombies is time taxing and could take a toll to survivors if we're not careful for micro-ing around(they could be downed by just ONE long rush if this is implemented)

allow us to bring our favourite weapons to fight

"your weapons,you will not need them"(if you're used to manual scavenging and using lone wolf most of the time)

Edited by Luke Ridiculous, 11 May 2017 - 10:25 AM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

allow us to bring our favourite weapons to fight

"your weapons,you will not need them"(if you're used to manual scavenging and using lone wolf most of the time)

my weapons, i will need them( if i didnt used to manual scavenging and using lone wolf "book" most of the time)

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

Comfort notes: Something badly needed, certainly at max level, is a break from the relentless infected hoard compound attacks. Besides causing all sorts of game play issues when the game is loading them for an attack, they are simply an irritant. We get a day's break from them researching security, which is cool. But how about some comfort research as well, though perhaps at double increments yielding 30% or so (3 days) break from them? That wouldn't be so game changing when all your guys are levelled up, whilst still having it as part of gameplay. People might also get complacent and forget about an incoming due.. giving a genuine surprise. Personally I would prefer a four or five day break from them, then perhaps hitting us with a three or four minute attack (long enough to make a cup of tea). And comfort notes, because a more hygienic compound or something or other.. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feedback