82 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

haz-info.jpg

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

Just some extra notes to cover some things about High Activity Zones that aren't covered above.

- HAZ's will appear at level 20 and above.

- As you level up, more will become available (3 at level 55)

- HAZ's are always levelled up to 5 levels above your leader, no matter what suburb they're in

- HAZ's are the same for everyone each time they rotate (roughly every 24 hours)

- High Activity Zones are here to stay after the Containment event is over

junkstory

junkstory
  • 1 posts

Awesome. IMO this is by far the best update I've seen since playing the game.

Arkoth

Arkoth
  • 18 posts

Looks incredible!! Can't wait to play!

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

question can the parts be found anywhere or only in the red zones?

Salif

Salif
  • 98 posts

This is great...  It has been a long long long time since I have been forced to leave a mission early because my group is getting overrun .. lol .. large residence + lvl 60 zeds + red rush + elite at the same time = pop smoke and run for the green zone... Love it

Any plans on making the island have a chance at becoming a haz zone if even for a day? I think that would be fun too

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

question can the parts be found anywhere or only in the red zones?

They're everywhere. HAZ's will have them too though.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

They're everywhere. HAZ's will have them too though.

ok ty now I can just run autos for parts and maybe buy fuel 

Edgar V

Edgar V
  • 121 posts

If we get any Uni at a HAZ, it will be around the level of our leader or it will be the level from the zone the HAZ is located? Just wondering...

Keksode

Keksode
  • 16 posts

I really like this update!

My first feedback on the difficulty:

I'm a lvl 55 player (with equipment above average), it worked well on a security and a suburban street for me. The security doesn't have many boxes to loot, so you got time to cope with the rushes. The suburban street has more boxes, but more space too, which makes it easier to handle the infected. If I got in a tricky situation, I just backed up my shooters and made the infected run after my melee.

A large residence was definitely too hard for me, it had 31 boxes and I got a lot of rushes. There is no room, the distances are very short and your survivors get stuck in the narrow passages. I had to back up (out of the rooms) quite often, there was no chance for me do get all the boxes within the time limit. I ended up with 21 of 31, I think.

Maybe a small bug: I got war points for the location which is within the regular 10 level range, this is the (normally) lvl 53 security. For the others I got none, though it told me so on the map screen.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

If we get any Uni at a HAZ, it will be around the level of our leader or it will be the level from the zone the HAZ is located? Just wondering...

as the level cap is still 55 the uni would be level 51 to 55

Zayzayer2029

Zayzayer2029
  • 25 posts

Nice update. I really enjoy it.

The only thing about which I have mixed feelings is if the high activity zones should spawn in locked areas. It's kinda logical. Your survivors have been there and that attracted a lot of infected to that place making it a high activity zone, but on the other hand I don't like the waiting.

mvj19s.png

Edited by Zayzayer2029, 24 May 2017 - 10:57 AM.

Strider

Strider
  • 218 posts

Just tried one of the high activity zones. I honestly have no idea how tough this one actually is because my FPS dropped so low because the zombies that were spawning overwhelmed the number of zombies I could kill. I'd like to add that this was on the security place in Green Plains and I had not even stepped off the little green box, let alone scavenged anything.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 72 posts

Did you change spawning of normal zeds in non-HAZ maps?  They seem to be spawning in two waves now from more than two entry points.  This is in Newton East gun store.

ODY55EUS

ODY55EUS
  • 5 posts

The fresh challenge is definitely entertaining.  I have experimented with the most inappropriate weapons for the job, and have amused myself enormously.  Took on a suburban street using longsaw and hammer with 2 bows providing fire support, gave the scav the hilarious buck shotty just for laughs.

What I might tentatively suggest, is that perhaps this idea could have spent a little longer in the oven?  Taking on lvl 60 zeds and Elites for lvl 19 loot seems a touch odd.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 518 posts

just tried out a High Activity Zone and it was great challenge and it made infected bounties a lot easier to complete unless you have walker infected bounties.

hankjwimbleton58

hankjwimbleton58
  • 31 posts

Really Great update, I love it! 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 460 posts

Wait a second...

iqbout.jpg

HERC was recruiting? Why nobody told me that?

(I mean, it could be a good feature to be hired by HERC sometimes as "cleanup" teams of both infected and survivors, don't you think?)

Edited by Lana Woo, 24 May 2017 - 04:43 PM.

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 98 posts

Awesome going to try and get the electric weapon, the armor, and the gas mask :) 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts
Nice update Con :)