Photo

Containment - High Activity Zones Event

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

Definitely like this, but the way the zones definitely needs to be changed; only one of the three zones are actually useable at level 55, the other two spawn low level loot.

Please just make it so the zones either spawn loot similar to your level (if they spawned the same weapons, but moved up to say level 50-54 that'd be amazing) or simply were only found in 5 suburbs around your level that'd be nice.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Definitely like this, but the way the zones definitely needs to be changed; only one of the three zones are actually useable at level 55, the other two spawn low level loot.

Please just make it so the zones either spawn loot similar to your level (if they spawned the same weapons, but moved up to say level 50-54 that'd be amazing) or simply were only found in 5 suburbs around your level that'd be nice.

"These zones change periodically"

They should be spawning loot at your level, can anyone else confirm this?

prolav

prolav
  • 3 posts

Can confirm. Level 26 suburban street, nothing higher than level 26 loot.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Great thanks, we'll get that fixed today.

trangttuong

trangttuong
  • 2 posts

Hi guys. Im level 20 and as your post said I should be seeing HAZ. But alas, I am not. Any clue?

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Hi guys. Im level 20 and as your post said I should be seeing HAZ. But alas, I am not. Any clue?

They start appearing from level 20, but can be in areas that are higher than that. The locations change every 24 hours or so, so keep checking each day!

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 155 posts

they're not spawning loots on my level,just the level of that area we're scavenging in

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 155 posts

Wait a second...

iqbout.jpg

HERC was recruiting? Why nobody told me that?

(I mean, it could be a good feature to be hired by HERC sometimes as "cleanup" teams of both infected and survivors, don't you think?)

I've somewhat predicted it by accident and nobody noticed XD here's the proof:http://forum.conarti...ototypes/page-7 ---->you look for my post there on the page

it's just probably a weird coincidence but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯?

Edited by Luke Ridiculous, 25 May 2017 - 04:20 AM.

longorjames

longorjames
  • 208 posts

OMG a 14+ APS melee weapon with 99% knock back! 

The new tazer weapon isn't super strong, but the knockback and speed will keep zombies basically permanently stunned. Unless it can only target 1 zombie at a time... then it might not be good.

Edited by longorjames, 25 May 2017 - 09:42 PM.

russgfx

russgfx
  • 10 posts

OMG a 14+ APS melee weapon with 99% knock back! 

Probably best melee with Liberty.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 299 posts

Speaking about that... any plans to make the Liberty and the halloween stuff tradeable soon?

longorjames

longorjames
  • 208 posts

So even in the other areas, the map is still lvl 60 for lvl 55 players, and it will spawn lvl 50-55 gear?

The loot I got just seemed like trash stuff though, didn't see a big difference in quality or quantity of loot found.

Edited by longorjames, 25 May 2017 - 09:45 PM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

I did a zone in Green Plains, and it was a security. All I got out of it were some uncommon weapons and a few other misc components. I know you aren't supposed to get like a unique every time, but after dealing with constant hordes that tested my two high tier rpks, a golden liberty, warbringer, and a tmp, all with good gear (uni holster, melee exo suit, uni armors, and a swiftdraw) and an elite infected (a herc riot infected, now that was an interesting fight), it was a tad disappointing to only receive the same amount of loot (if not worse, honestly) that i'd get by running that same mission again.

I think with a few tweaks in terms of loot (maybe some high activity zone-only stuff?) and infected counts, this would be an extremely fun and useful addition to the game.

Still good as is, but it definitely needs rebalancing and tweaking.

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 278 posts

What happens when you auto a HAZ? Better loot+harder or just a regular auto?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 299 posts

You can't auto them

auto.jpg

To be fair, making an auto HAZ mission would be kind of missing the point, don't you think?

Edited by Lana Woo, 25 May 2017 - 11:15 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

You can't auto them

To be fair, making an auto HAZ mission would be kind of missing the point, don't you think?

Yep, that was our thought. We wanted this to be playable content that gave our long time players a solid challenge.

Conejito

Conejito
  • 7 posts

Nice challenge, me likes

Ray_Sichthys_Pest

Ray_Sichthys_Pest
  • 17 posts

Not gonna lie I started this event ready for another grind to try those new weapons, and I decked out my survivors so it'd be a piece of cake.

I have never been so wrong my butt was handed to me on a silver, dead zone engraved platter, and I left the mission with my tail between my legs.

This is it. Knuckles cracked. The uphill has begun.

Con it's final exams week and I havent been this engaged in anything in a while.

Thank you. 

longorjames

longorjames
  • 208 posts

If the map size is big enough to let my guys run around, no problem, if the map size is small, my guys just get swarmed and die... 

Loot seems to be fixed for the level though. Rareity wise, I get a lot more blue weapon and gear now, an occasional purple, still haven't seen a rare or uni yet.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 299 posts
You know? Maybe it's just me but I always felt that uni loots drop somewhat if there's an event with premium components. I'm often too busy hoarding to care antway, but it just feels that way.