Photo

Containment - High Activity Zones Event

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,091 posts

Turns out it was an animation related issue being caused by the APS. The Arc-Burn is now fixed, without a weapon change. 

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 541 posts

You might want take a look at the crossbow as well because the game will not save if you have it equipped

Luke Ridiculous

Luke Ridiculous
  • 161 posts

You might want take a look at the crossbow as well because the game will not save if you have it equipped

oh shit,I have one already crafted :(

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 541 posts

oh shit,I have one already crafted :(

well  keep it until con fixes it

MAKcU

MAKcU
  • 31 posts
High Junk Zones...

longorjames

longorjames
  • 209 posts

The problem with HAZ not spawning anything good is that a bunch of the time it keeps happening in residential areas or in stores... so the boxes don't drop gear or weapons.

ODY55EUS

ODY55EUS
  • 5 posts

Yep, that was our thought. We wanted this to be playable content that gave our long time players a solid challenge.

So far the challenge I have identified is finding the most absurd weapons to get the job done.  Have beaten 3 lvl 60 with 2 Blunt Juggling Chainsaws 0 dps each, and a crafted blue Pick Hammer lvl 31 as my melee weapons.  Had an EXO R500 pistol and a TMP for support.  It was more interesting like that, but will have to try another combo soon.

Furryicecubes

Furryicecubes
  • 143 posts

I think I broke it.

a67a9b41e4c5490e9fe19028a5390378.png

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 419 posts

I think I broke it.

a67a9b41e4c5490e9fe19028a5390378.png

Sweet Jesus. You could create a Frankenstein monster with that thing.

Edited by Lana Woo, 02 June 2017 - 01:41 PM.

longorjames

longorjames
  • 209 posts

I'm getting lvl 25 and 34 vests from lvl 60 High Activity Zones still.... CON YOU SAID YOU FIXED IT! It was in the Docks warehouse area. (lvl 15 map) At least the gear is 10-20 levels above the map area... but still it's not up to what the level of the map is when played as a HAZ.

Also even though all my guys have 3% increased loot quality and my alliance bonus for 10% loot quality is on, I haven't found one Uni from a HAZ area. What is the bonus to finding good items in HAZ? It seems insignificant... Unless it just means it will at least find a Green item, similarly to how the increased chance for a crafting bonus only affects the chance to get a bonus, but not helping to get a good bonus, in which case I'm just getting a lot of mediocre loot that takes much more time to recycle because of the extra garbage components (which don't even take that huge of a part in crafting anymore). Which fighting in a lvl 60 area 3 times a day for about a week, sucks pretty bad... 

This is just gamer feedback. Like think about it, working for a week and getting nothing for it just feels really bad.

Edited by longorjames, 04 June 2017 - 02:47 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 671 posts

After doing several HAZs, I haven't found any Uniques, not even a Rare, not to mention that loot has been pretty bad overall.

Can the loot drops get improved please?

Also, I would really like to see some HAZ only content; maybe new weapons, active gear, etc that aren't apart of this event. Maybe some chances to get more high tier loot you normally wouldn't find otherwise (keycards, different clothes, etc, with keycards having an extremely, extremely low chance of finding)?

I think the best way to do this would be to have HAZ elite infected drop special boxes similar to the task reward boxes in terms of drops, but only with one item. There would be a Unique box and a Rare box, and the items you could find would change according to the box, and the elite, that you got. If needed, HAZ elites could receive buffs to balance this.

Right now, High Activity Zones are literally just more difficult normal missions with mediocre loot. There's nothing really fun or unique about them. It's a nice way to get bounties done; except for the fact 80% of the time HAZs don't even spawn in areas near your level. And they should never, ever spawn in areas you haven't unlocked yet.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,704 posts

How about something off the wall with HAZ, like off the wall stat uniques native to their suburb level but with stats bumped all the way to your level? Just to add to the mix. And the unusual uniques I see on trade I have no hope of finding, like Bulldogs, two shots, crowbars, etc, perhaps a chance to scavenge these? 

That said, not had much luck finding much yet in them, bit you  tend not to in offices or large residences. 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 671 posts

How about something off the wall with HAZ, like off the wall stat uniques native to their suburb level but with stats bumped all the way to your level? Just to add to the mix. And the unusual uniques I see on trade I have no hope of finding, like Bulldogs, two shots, crowbars, etc, perhaps a chance to scavenge these? 

That said, not had much luck finding much yet in them, bit you  tend not to in offices or large residences. 

this would be perhaps the greatest update in history if that was added. 

I've suggested a shit ton of things in the past and not really cared if they were added; more of a "this would be cool if it was added" sort of thing, but in this case, this outright needs to be added. End of story.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 541 posts

I would actually do the HAZs if this would happen 

longorjames

longorjames
  • 209 posts

One minor update that would improve HAZ or the game, in general, would maybe be more crafting items for special things such as items that use the infamous trophy component. Because HAZ increases the chance to encounter a Rare/Elite infected, but that's not exciting in itself, simply because Rare/Elite infected are just bigger infected with a large health pool, damage, and high chance to knock back (which by the way isn't knocking back it's just flinching in this game) and can be evaded if there's enough room and you just use a runner to make the infected chase the runner like any other infected. 

I kind of understand that you guys don't want to add "super power" zombies but this kind of game just gets lackluster by adding more health and damage to the same slow moving target (or at least, I haven't seen any sprinting Rare/Elite zombies at lvl 55+).

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,704 posts

One minor update that would improve HAZ or the game, in general, would maybe be more crafting items for special things such as items that use the infamous trophy component. Because HAZ increases the chance to encounter a Rare/Elite infected, but that's not exciting in itself, simply because Rare/Elite infected are just bigger infected with a large health pool, damage, and high chance to knock back (which by the way isn't knocking back it's just flinching in this game) and can be evaded if there's enough room and you just use a runner to make the infected chase the runner like any other infected. 

I kind of understand that you guys don't want to add "super power" zombies but this kind of game just gets lackluster by adding more health and damage to the same slow moving target (or at least, I haven't seen any sprinting Rare/Elite zombies at lvl 55+).

We had sprinting zeds armed with blades one event, they were genuinely quite scary, which was good.

longorjames

longorjames
  • 209 posts

We had sprinting zeds armed with blades one event, they were genuinely quite scary, which was good.

Yeah but that was only on an event... the game normally isn't that scary, there's almost no excitement in that respect. And this is a game about zombies! 

I know there's a few games about zombies that are more funny than scary like the Dead Rising series. 

Like, you play this game, first thing you see is a ugly run down base with piles of garbage everywhere, and the music sounds like it should be scary. When you get to the gameplay though... like even when I started with lvl 1 zombies and a small knife, the zombie posed little to no threat, the first time running zombies and dogs came into the game they were slightly more of a threat, but still very minor. 

I think there should be regular Elite/Rare infected that have that kind of really fast speed and are really strong, and maybe only a recon would be able to lead it around, but usually slower zombies wouldn't keep up, then ignore the recon, and then the rest of your group would still have to fight the horde of zombies.

The reason I say they should be Elite/Rare zombies though is because if it gets too frustrating to deal with super fast and strong infected, since there's a limited amount of Elite/Rare zombies you can encounter in a day or w/e the limit was placed, then you can continue your regular scavenging if players prefer the more boring/ loot grindy gameplay.

Edited by longorjames, 05 June 2017 - 11:50 PM.

longorjames

longorjames
  • 209 posts

Reporting on the Level of gear in HAZ. Finaly got lvl 54 gear in a Lvl 60 HAZ that is in Northwood East (lvl 16).

Good Job Con!

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 142 posts

Did all three HAZ, all were at locations with LVL below 30. Got just junk and some grey wea/gea of the area level, regardless of 65LVL HAZs.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 27 posts

location doesnt matter, the loot will be for your level anyway