Photo

How Do These Book Work?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

longorjames

longorjames
  • 208 posts

Gunsmith Monthly and Quality Crafts. 

Do the % increase just make it more likely that a crafting bonus will appear or does it also increase the quality of the crafting bonus? In other words, do the books help with making a 25% crafting bonus appear rather than just a 1% bonus? 

If not I feel like the Quality Crafts book isn't worth the extra fuel cost.

Edited by longorjames, 30 May 2017 - 06:00 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 362 posts

It only increases the chances to get a crafting bonus, but has no effect on the amount of the bonus (that is, it will not help you get 25% bonuses).

Since the chances to get a bonus (at least 1%) are pretty high, it does not make much sense to use them. However, sometimes you will find that in a weapon with several stats that can gain a crafting bonus, some of them don't get one. Here's an example:

2q24gw8.jpg

See how the damage didn't get a crafting bonus there? A Quality Crafts or Gunsmithing Monthly could have prevented that, and that bonus would have been anywhere from 1% to 25% (of course, the amount of the bonus still unaffected by the book). It's pretty rare that a stat doesn't get at least a 1% bonus, so it's not really worth using those books unless you are crafting a very rare weapon and you prefer to spend fuel to try to get the very best item possible.

Edited by Lana Woo, 30 May 2017 - 06:47 PM.

longorjames

longorjames
  • 208 posts

Okay, thanks. I'll just stick to using my forever Gunsmith Monthly +4% chance and the -10% cfuel cost crafting on the cheap book instead of using Quality crafts.

Unless I want better chance of bonus then I'll use a temporary Gunsmith Monthly.