Photo

Make The Ban Time Lesser

important affecting population brilliant idea Con

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

proschultz

proschultz
  • 3 posts

Ok now , we all now that chat is a very important thing in dz for it is 90% of what makes the game better , ingame chat is 90% of what makes the game massively multiplayer and fun . Before the chat there are the rules. People who disobey them rules gotta get em consequences . But i am here to say that the consequences is a bit too much making tons of people quit weekly . for example the 30 day ban . anyone banned from chat in 30 days would probably not comeback ingame... now think about permanent ban.. it's just sad in behalf of those people who just got reported by saying stuff accidentally .. i am here to suggest making the 30 day to 6 days.. that way its more understandable for 6 days is like 1 war... and for a guy like me missing 1 war for my alliance that's a really great loss... but for rival alliances reporting peeps from other good alliances to take advantage ... and peeps get banned for 4 weeks... that pretty much adds up the reason why people do alliance banwar.. instead of getting pts.. people just have to watch other people's convos and just report them and then a player that scores 10k pts per war is gone.. who knows? people just use that ban as an advantage... please think about this con.. this is pretty much a huge issue ingame

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

POPULAR

This is no issue at all if you start thinking before talking ...

lael

lael
  • 224 posts

POPULAR

1) you can still play the game and raid with a chat ban and even post on alliance activity board--you just cannot chat or trade with others or an alt.

2) a 30  day chat ban is a strike 2 which actually takes alot of in-game chat warnings and previous 24 hr bans to achieve and if one cannot change their behavior or be respectful of the terms they agreed to, then there is nothing accidental about it.

3) here's a better solution:  be respectful and polite to others in chat and do not abuse the chat and thereby the game and others by knowingly violating the game rules.

Edited by lael, 31 May 2017 - 01:15 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

So... your solution is to go from 24 hours to 6 days to permanent? Don't you think that's way worse and would lead to way more people perma-banned? I mean, it's much harder to calm down and realize a mistake in 6 days if you can't wait 30 without talking (while still playing the game).

And as far as i know, the "Report" feature does not work automatically: you have a mod actually reviewing it to determine if it's ban-worthy, so there's no real way to abuse the system.

Sorry, this is just a terrible idea, and it benefits absolutely nobody.

Edited by Lana Woo, 31 May 2017 - 01:54 PM.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Sorry, this is just a terrible idea, and it benefits absolutely nobody.

Well, it would benefit the TS at the moment who might have gotten a 30 days ban :)

Edited by Cherry, 31 May 2017 - 02:48 PM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

This is no issue at all if you start thinking before talking ...

cherry always use this cheap trick, try to ban top raiders because cant defeat them in fair raid. Wat a cheap player. majority players get chat ban because of report that done by enemy alliance with no reason for example cherry itself. Con should see full conversation before ban them, because player like cherry like to bait players to use bad word or something non related to chat. its a great advantage for enemy alliance just ban them so their alliance will weak. 

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 37 posts

cherry always use this cheap trick, try to ban top raiders because cant defeat them in fair raid. Wat a cheap player. majority players get chat ban because of report that done by enemy alliance with no reason for example cherry itself. Con should see full conversation before ban them, because player like cherry like to bait players to use bad word or something non related to chat. its a great advantage for enemy alliance just ban them so their alliance will weak. 

Really?

This post was discussing about the changing of the ban time for chat. Not a place for insulting other players. Although I don't know will Cherry use that method to ban the top raider. Seem you can't prove your point with any evidence.

Even though 30 days ban is bit too much. However,I still think the period still able to provide a long rest for the players,as they can regret why they would saying such a bad word before. And this would allow them to calm down themselves and not saying that anymore.

But I need admit that, the moderators should really take a look on the whole conservation,as someone may try to irritate other players to cause them saying bad word and become a obvious "evidence" for chat banning. We still need to fill the loopholes of the currently report system,so we can reduce another innocent got chat-banned by bit the bait from some vicious players.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 207 posts

Really?

This post was discussing about the changing of the ban time for chat. Not a place for insulting other players. Although I don't know will Cherry use that method to ban the top raider. Seem you can't prove your point with any evidence.

i no need prove to you bro, we top raiders who fight for top 3 already know about cherry tricks that try to ban us, all come from experiance. If you really want evidence come join our alliance and raid for top 3 and you can see and gain the experiance. and im not insulting players, i talking about the players who misuse the report system and having a goal to make other players ban.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,150 posts

The bans need to be longer, not shorter.

(Only halfway being sarcastic)

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 505 posts

I can agree that there is some sort of abuse with the report function in chat trying to attack another person and to get rid of someone. hopefully that gets fixed.

I think that the duration of the ban should still be longer depending  on the type of ban that is committed.

Support@deadzonegame.com is the best place to discuss the bans.

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Putting aside the points about the ban lengths, I want it known that mass reporting someone doesn't help their chances of being banned. If they've done something that violates the TOS, report them. We read over all the reports, and spend a long period of time going over the logs to get the context of the conversation. We don't just ban players because they have a lot of reports against them.

I frequently see players talking about how their ban was 'unfair'. When I open their ban history to double check, the ban was always earned.

lael

lael
  • 224 posts

Thank you tom!  Perhaps now the new dz myth that some players use/abuse the reporting system as a "war" tactic has finally been debunked!  I, too, like cherry have been accused of doing this and it is totally untrue.  Remember it is always important to consider the source of where a player gets their information because much of what is considered to be established dz belief is actually false.

Megaman X

Megaman X
  • 52 posts

http://forum.conarti...cious-raid-log/

long time ago they try ban me using photoshop method(edit my leader icon to recon)..

look like now they misuse chat report and try to ban other players.

lael

lael
  • 224 posts

Megaman:  Hi btw.  That was an isolated incident which I remember well and you were rightly exonerated in the end.  That was a seemingly falsified report posted in forum and had nothing to do with the in-game chat reporting system.  Moreover, any falsified in-game chat is a gross violation of the ToS.  The evidence for any chat ban issued by con in my experience is available upon request from support@deadzonegame.com and can be challenged by the affected player if unjustly issued.  Any intentional misuse of the in-game chat reporting system is itself a violation of the ToS and just cause for an issuance of a ban.  Nevertheless, there has been a building in-game false narrative of good vs evil that  attributes and employs the myth of  the use of bans as a war tactic to those that are "evil." (as Proschultz's extremely misinformed assertion of  "alliancebanwars" demonstrates.)  I suggest any players who feel "victimized" and "persecuted" by the in-game chat reporting system e-mail the developers directly and stop spreading rumors to gain sympathy and support for whatever cause they seem to think they have which in reality has only served to escalate  in-game hostilities and drama. Moreover, there is a prevalent in-game attitude that negatively portrays anyone who actually employs the reporting system  as "weak" and "evil."  Bullying in any form is not to be tolerated and the reporting system empowers those who have actually been persecuted and victimized and slandered by other players.

Edited by lael, 01 June 2017 - 07:02 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts
If you aren't deterred after two warning bans, a third warning will not do anything at all. Besides, "but my alliance needs me" is not a valid reason to ask for less banning time; it should serve you as a deterrent for not doing anything that might get you banned in the first place. "i might quit" is just as bad. So reduced bans or more warnings are still, in my opinion, terrible ideas.
Also, Tom already said that they review each case individually and read the whole conversation, so I'm not sure how could somebody abuse that. Does anybody have any example of this type of abuse? I'd like to hear it from somebody who has personally suffered this.

Edited by Lana Woo, 01 June 2017 - 08:24 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,150 posts

99.99% of bans are justified.

The disconnect between the playerbase and the developers occurs because sometimes the ban isn't immediate.

A player might end up getting banned for something they said the previous day (possibly even earlier), as Tom/Sev review each one individually, and it takes time to process.

So a player might of done nothing wrong on the day they actually received the ban, so they think the ban is "unfair".

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 203 posts

99.99% of bans are justified.

yeah right such as political decisions, court decisions, policemen, authorities, media, ads, soccer referees and your religion probably too.  LMAO

sorry no offense zingman but that just made me laugh hard.

Putting aside the points about the ban lengths, I want it known that mass reporting someone doesn't help their chances of being banned. If they've done something that violates the TOS, report them. We read over all the reports, and spend a long period of time going over the logs to get the context of the conversation. We don't just ban players because they have a lot of reports against them.

I frequently see players talking about how their ban was 'unfair'. When I open their ban history to double check, the ban was always earned.

Please consider asking yourself these questions when judging:

1) who reports who?

2) when?

3) who is profiting from the ban?

4) what information is probably kept back from me?

and since Devs are not supernatural you must also consider being tricked and used to take out a rival player.

3-types-of-knowledgesske7.png

Most who get banned are unaware they do something wrong.

Do you really believe anyone reads this little thing here?

2134jnuiq.png

Bansystem is strict and it should not be too hard for a well informed old player to provoke a stupid new player to say something stupid or start talking or explaining himself in wrong channel. It doesn't even have to be at the same time or by just one person.

Spreading out with the purpose to get as many reported and banned as they can to weaken an ally is the big fraud here.

now all might ask for proof...

Devs, would you please provide use some stats about the current banwar? - # of reports per player/ally, # of successful reports, report/ban-efficiency, duration until ban,...

Nah.. better keep it secret in your mind for your next judgements.

Edited by Wurstl, 01 June 2017 - 11:43 PM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 798 posts

-snip-

I mean, terms of services are fairly standard among chat services and other games.

Basically, don't be a **** and you can go without getting banned.

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Reports go back and forth between people all the time, it's pretty clear to see two players reporting each other over and over again for really minor things. Again, we read them, decide if they're worthy of a ban, then either ban or dismiss them.

Note that we've also banned people for abusing the report function.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: important, affecting population, brilliant idea, Con