Photo

My Idea For The Pvp System.

PvP

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 320 posts

Yes, this is my idea for how the PvP system could work. In this post, I'll talk about some additions which I feel  should/must be made prior to adding a decent PvP system. I'm going to go ahead, and say that this PvP system so far involves using a system very similar to The Last Stand: Dead Zone game, so in other words, it's more of in-direct PvP. I'll go ahead and say that some of what I say might* be inaccurate, or in need of confirmation/clarity, feel free to correct any incorrect statements which I make in this post, and provide sources where the correct information can be found whenever possible. As I said before, the following is just my IDEA for how the PvP system could work, so please judge this as a possible suggestion/idea for this new game. This post will be updated overtime (so long as it gets attention and up-votes), for the time and effort needed for this post is a lot. 

NEW ADDITIONS WHICH COULD BE MADE PRIOR TO PVP RELEASE:

Number#1- Base Customization: I feel as if players should be able to view and  customize their base. Players would start with their command outpost/HQ building Players could then earn/build a variety of other structures, along with defensive static Units which I will talk more about later in this post. (REGARDING THE MAP THAT THE BASE IS BUILT ON) As far as I see it, players would be able to CHOOSE a permanent map for their HQ to be built on. Players would not be able to change this once they confirmed their decision. OR players could build a Base/HQ for every map present in the game, this would allow players to enjoy all of the art made by the developers, in this feature. OR there could be a map made specifically for Player vs. Player combat; this is perhaps, the best option of the three. Players would be able to build/place structures within a limited Build Area. Players could increase the build area by upgrading their HQ, however, the players build area would be small enough to provide attacking players with a large enough spawn area so that they wouldn't get spawned trapped. Structures could be upgraded by using the current in-game currency in the game (assuming that there is one, which I'm sure that there is). Below is an image to provide players with an Idea of what this might look like (I made it myself)

IlrvQ5Q.png

Number#2 - Defensive Structures: Secondly In order for the PvP system to work, Players must be given the option to add defensive structures. This includes static Vehicles, and units, such as an Artillery vehicle, Anti-Aircraft Gun, and Sniper tower. The placement of these defensive structures would ultimately determine the effectiveness of these structures. Would you place your sniper tower on the edge of your base build area to provide sniper support for your guys on the front lines? or would you place it near the edge of your base build area? to provide support for your HQ, in case  the guys at the front lines were to get overrun. Below are KEY defensive structures which I feel must be implemented in this game. 

SPAWN TENT - This, along with the HQ is the most important defensive structure as it spawns Troops. Players can choose one troop type to spawn. In the tent, and the type of unit selected would ultimately determine the rate at which troops are spawned. For example, two squads  of Snipers might be spawned every 10 seconds from one tent, but 1 Squad of AT soldiers might be spawned every 20 seconds from the tent.

ObobjgQ.jpg

MOTOR POOL/ Vehicle Garage - This is quite similar to the Spawn tent, only it spawns vehicles instead of troops. The spawn times for vehicles from these garages are MUCH higher than the spawn time for troops from the Spawn tents. 

ssEb7xV.jpg

OTHER DEFENSIVE STRUCTURES: This includes stuff like Sniper Towers and machine gun emplacements and even cover positions such as  Sandbag barricades, Palisades, Bunkers, and trenches.  This also includes STATIC Vehicles/units such as Anti-Aircraft-Artillery (AAA Guns), Motor emplacements, and .50 Caliber HMG placements.

Defensive cover positions provide cover for troops. The AAA guns attack enemy air support. If a player were to request an air strike within the effective range an AAA gun, the AAA Gun would shoot down the enemy air support . This makes it very useful when placed properly. Will you place the AAA gun near the edge of your base build area to provide Anti-Air Support your troops near the front lines? Or Will you place it near your HQ and Spawn tents to protect them from enemy air support? Motor Emplacements are another key defensive structure.They rain down explosive shells from above  on unsuspecting enemies. Where they are placed determines their combat effectiveness. Will you place your mortar on the edge of your base build area to give enemy troops a bad day as soon as they spawn? Or will you place it by your spawn tents and HQ to give covering fire for your guys in the front lines? This can also counter counter enemy mortar support calls. The Artillery Vehicles are quite similar to the Mortar, however they do More damage,and attack slower than mortars.

3tyt7Dv.jpg

RyYMMdG.jpg

Number#3 Mobile HQ - Thirdly, there needs to be some sort of mobile base of operations that the attacking player will use for each assault he/she does against the attacking player. As far as I see it, this would spawn troops and would be able to call in vehicles to be dropped from the sky. As far as I see it, these vehicles would be dropped via a supply plane and would then, land safely to the ground with parachutes. Alternatively, these vehicles would be placed onto the battlefield via a Helicopter. The helicopter would drop the vehicles at a safe distance from the ground, within  close proximity to the MHQ or Mobile Command Vehicle. Players would need to spend tactical points to spawn units. This could also be made so that a Signaler (see http://forum.conarti...ible-new-units/ for more information about this unit) would be needed in order to spawn vehicles. 

The Mobile HQ would slowly drive up the map, as the Attacker Gained more ground. It doesn't fall back or retreat. It stops moving once hostile forces enter a certain range. This vehicle might have some Low damage Mounted Machine Gun on it, to attack hostile forces, or it might not have any weapons to defend itself at all. As mentioned below, if this vehicle is destroyed, the attacking player loses the battle. 

If not Mobile HQ's, I suggest a base Squad or team that attacking players would start off with. This base squad would consist of Infantrymen, a Signaler, an Officer, 2-3 AT Guys, and that's about it. Players could call in additional units and support using the signaler. Players could also edit which units they wanted to start out with at the beginning of the battle.

Additional Units/Support would cost TACTICAL POINTS. These points would be obtained periodically over time. Players could increase the default amount of points which they started off with by upgrading their HQ and by increasing their rank/level. Tactical Points could also be earned by destroying defensive structures, and by killing enemy units. I wasn't sure if it was just Support which costed Tactical points, or supply points (or whatever is needed to use the support calls), so excuse me if this is a little redundant, or if it's been already implemented in game. 

HOW THE PVP COULD WORK: Similar to PvP in the Last Stand: Dead Zone, A player would be able to attack the base of another Player. The Defending player would not actively participate in the battle. It would simply be the Player vs. The Defending player's defensive set up. Unlike in the DZ, a Player Doesn't have to be offline to be attacked. 

TO BE CONTINUED***

Subject To change*

Edited by Fredswar1, 02 June 2017 - 02:53 AM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 320 posts

9bCiKel.png

That's the image of what these Mobile HQ vehicles might look like. 

Glock59

Glock59
  • 80 posts

i don't think they have any plans for PvP, they said they will be focusing in 1v1 only.

Edited by Glock59, 04 June 2017 - 05:00 AM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 320 posts

i don't think they have any plans for PvP, they said they will be focusing in 1v1 only

What do you mean? If the game is online, surely they intend to add some online multiplayer feature.  1vs.1 Online. 

Glock59

Glock59
  • 80 posts

What do you mean? If the game is online, surely they intend to add some online multiplayer feature.  1vs.1 Online. 

what i meant was that they don't have any plans to do it in a large scale

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 320 posts

what i meant was that they don't have any plans to do it in a large scale

1v1 Online Battles Doesn't sound like large scale to me. My Idea is very logical... It's just a Player attacking a Defending player's base. Makes a lot of sense. The Attacker has the advantage of Higher mobility, with the Mobile HQ, which allows for a mobile unit spawn point which slowly moves towards the Defending Player's base. The Attacker Gets to use support, but the defender does not. The Defending Player's Advantage is access to stationary units, and defensive structures. The Defending Player doesn't need to be mobile, because he's the one defending his territory. Some of the player's defensive structures allow the player to counter or disable/attack hostile support. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 05 June 2017 - 03:36 AM.

Danny001f

Danny001f
  • 5 posts

While the proposed idea sounds like an interesting change. My concerns would be for teh developers since this system would need to be superimposed over teh current pvp system hence giving a good portion of work without the possible way to make it back (unless i fail to see the reward for teh developers incorrectly)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PvP