Photo

Reduction In Mission Return Times

Return Times

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

The mission return times are extremely long at the 30+ levels and promote players to play the game less as they progress further into the game. This is, in my view, a bad call, especially with the game's already decreasing player base. Mission Return Times should promote players to play the game MORE not LESS. Why is it that a Level 1 player only has to wait 5-10 minutes for his guys to return from a level 2  large residence BUT a level 30 player has to wait FOUR to SIX HOURS for his guys to return from a level 31 large residence. Is it because more resources are earned from higher level locations than lower level ones? Well Consider this, Higher level players require MORE resources than Lower level players to fund their compound development. Those who will argue that the DMU is the answer to this problem, most likely have already bought the DMU (Death Mobile Upgrade), or plan to. 

I Read an in-game tip, which stated that Mission Return times increase as the location becomes farther away from the compound. I believe that the Compound Should RELOCATE as players unlock new areas. This means that as players progress further into the game, The mission return times for higher level missions and missions within their level range will DECREASE and mission return times for missions/locations far under the player's level will INCREASE. I'm surprised something like this was never implemented into the game. If a player wants to run a lower level mission for whatever reason, he/she will have to settle for less. 

An example of this is a lvl30 player only has to wait 30%-40% less for his guys to return a level 31 Large Residence BUT, he has to wait 30%-40% more for his guys to return from a level 2 Large Residence.

There is no exploits to this, There is no taking advantage against lower level players with this. It's simply about encouraging players to run missions near their level and continue to enjoy the game. 

Those who disagree with this should state why, before down voting this idea, however, I am confident that this will receive good reception among the community. 

(Subject To Change*)

Edited by Fredswar1, 02 June 2017 - 08:20 PM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 205 posts

you still can do 10 area loot per time. for example 10 survivor, each survivor send one area auto loot. what you need is some nice weapon which allow 1 survivor to loot 1 area with high - very high mission sucess chance. 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 297 posts

The return time is there for a reason. Everything in this game should cost either money (or fuel) or a combination of time/effort/luck. If you want to shorten the return times you must either buy or find a Union City Shortcuts book or buy the DMU.

You are basically asking for a free DMU for everybody.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

you still can do 10 area loot per time. for example 10 survivor, each survivor send one area auto loot. what you need is some nice weapon which allow 1 survivor to loot 1 area with high - very high mission sucess chance. 

Excuse me if I sound a bit rude here, but that's no way to play the game. Autos are what you do when you Don't feel like playing a mission manually. You Don't get to admire the artwork  of the location your autoing. You don't get to kill zombies or complete infected tasks when you auto a mission. What's the fun in that? I want to be able get rewarded for the time/effort I put into a game. None of this the more you play, the more you wait nonsense. This is what's been killing the game from the start. People who actually do auto missions like you said are probably VERY likely to play other games while they wait. They may then become interested in these other games, and over time, gradually lose interest in the Dead Zone, as especially when the return times start taking an hour, and then multiple hours. By the time it gets to 4 hours for a manual mission it's a miracle that they're still playing. 

Bottom Line - You want your players to play YOUR game, not someone elses. And if the player feels he/she is not truly gaining any in-game incentives as he/she puts in more time and effort in the game-which is the  case with these ridiculous times for higher level missions- that player is going to MOVE ON to a game he/she feels does. 

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

The return time is there for a reason. Everything in this game should cost either money (or fuel) or a combination of time/effort/luck. If you want to shorten the return times you must either buy or find a Union City Shortcuts book or buy the DMU.

You are basically asking for a free DMU for everybody.

Have you even read the post? This isn't a free DMU. This a reduction to mission return times within a certain range of the players level. You level up and get shorter return times for missions near a certain level range, but have longer return times for missions below that range. I don't see how you get "free DMU for everybody" from that once you think about it

Arkoth

Arkoth
  • 12 posts

Have you even read the post? This isn't a free DMU. This a reduction to mission return times within a certain range of the players level. You level up and get shorter return times for missions near a certain level range, but have longer return times for missions below that range. I don't see how you get "free DMU for everybody" from that once you think about it

No that's a free DMU for everybody. Why would you do a mission below your level anyway?(except for bounties) You stated you want 5-10minutes return time on missions near your level? That's a DMU. Save up fuel and buy the shortcuts book and the maximum return time on manual missions will be 2hrs. 

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

No that's a free DMU for everybody. Why would you do a mission below your level anyway?(except for bounties) You stated you want 5-10minutes return time on missions near your level? That's a DMU. Save up fuel and buy the shortcuts book and the maximum return time on manual missions will be 2hrs. 

It's not a free DMU for everybody. For the benefit of myself, and those reading this Topic, I'll actually give an example of how this would work. Player A starts out the game as a Level 1. Mission Return Times in Level 1 Area A are on average 10 minutes. Player A soon becomes a level 3 and Unlocks Area B. Mission Return Times in Area B  average 20 minutes. Player A soon becomes a level 7, and Unlocks Area C. Mission Return Times in Area C average 30 minutes. Player A is then informed that his survivors relocated to a deserted compound in Area B, Reducing the Return Times in Area B by 40%, and Reducing the Return Times in Area C by 25% but  increasing the Return Times in Area A by 50%. 

This isn't a DMU, or some way to pay your way into the game. This is simply a hard earned reward to players for dedicating their time into the game. A DMU works EVERY location/mission, this does not. A DMU player could probably run lower level missions to find gear to trade with lower level accounts, giving DMU players an advantage over non DMU players in this sense. Regardless, this addition is not "free", it takes a  lot of hardwork and dedication to the game, and it only takes off a percentage to the return time of a missions within a certain range of the player's level. I'm not saying that I want 5-10 minute return times, actually, I never said that, I'm saying that I want a way to decrease return time near my level through hard work and dedication. The UCS books aren't enough, but them along with this might* be.

Edited by Fredswar1, 02 June 2017 - 07:32 AM.

Arkoth

Arkoth
  • 12 posts

It's not a free DMU for everybody. For the benefit of myself, and those reading this Topic, I'll actually give an example of how this would work. Player A starts out the game as a Level 1. Mission Return Times in Level 1 Area A are on average 10 minutes. Player A soon becomes a level 3 and Unlocks Area B. Mission Return Times in Area B  average 20 minutes. Player A soon becomes a level 7, and Unlocks Area C. Mission Return Times in Area C average 30 minutes. Player A is then informed that his survivors relocated to a deserted compound in Area B, Reducing the Return Times in Area B by 40%, and Reducing the Return Times in Area C by 25% but  increasing the Return Times in Area A by 50%. 

This isn't a DMU, or some way to pay your way into the game. This is simply a hard earned reward to players for dedicating their time into the game. A DMU works EVERY location/mission, this does not. A DMU player could probably run lower level missions to find gear to trade with lower level accounts, giving DMU players an advantage over non DMU players in this sense. Regardless, this addition is not "free", it takes a  lot of hardwork and dedication to the game, and it only takes off a percentage to the return time of a missions within a certain range of the player's level. I'm not saying that I want 5-10 minute return times, actually, I never said that, I'm saying that I want a way to decrease return time near my level through hard work and dedication. The UCS books aren't enough, but them along with this might* be.

It is totally a free DMU. You are asking for a permanent reduction on manual missions near your level. With your logic a level 55 player would have a 5-10minute return time in Green Plains or Waterside(level 51+ areas) and 6hours on what? level 35-40 areas? If we exclude bounties there is no reason for a lvl 55 player to go to low level areas.

And what about people who paid for DMU?(i don't have it btw). You think these people spent 30 bucks so they can find gear to trade with lower level accounts? Is it fair to have the same return times as a non DMU player with someone that paid for it? And there is no "pay your way into the game". People who spend money keep the server alive and running.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 205 posts

i have many account lvl 55 without dmu and still able sent many area to loot with only 1 survivor per mission. you can use weapon+reload speed or melee+melee gear.  each day you can send 30 area to loot for non-Dmu player.

for example you start send auto in 6.00, and in 12.00 sent again, and before sleep sent again in 6.00....overall 12hours u can make 30 area loot. nothing big different compare to Dmu. Like me, im have 1 account with dmu but i sent only around 20 mission for restock food/water and some fuels.

- to send 1 survivor auto lvl 20-35 you need weapon with minimum 550dps-650dps.

- for lvl 50+ i recoment tmp+holster

Edited by BLACKDRAGON, 02 June 2017 - 10:08 AM.

BLACKDRAGON

BLACKDRAGON
  • 205 posts

for manual mission its take 2 hours but with extra alliance boost the return time will be 36min or 24min

-50% UCS + -45% alliance boost = 24min

-50% UCS + -35% alliance boost =36min

-50% UCS + -25% alliance boost =30min

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotation 1: ("Round after Mega")

Boosts: 

xXXXXXXXXX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotation 2:

Boosts:

Mission: -15% return time on manuals, +15% XP, +20% auto success chance 

Bonus: -25% return time from manuals, +10% chance of quality items, +10% more items, +10% dmg to zeds, +15% fuel drops, -15% repair time

Rotation 3: 

Boosts:

Bonus: +15% surv health, -25% return time on manuals, +20% basic resource production, +10% chance of crafting bonus, +15% fuel drops

Rotation 4: "Mega Boost"

Boosts:

Bonus: +25% more items, +25% chance of quality items, +30% mission XP, -35% return times on manuals.

...........................................................................................................

ROTATION 2, 3, 4 have good support for non-Dmu player with reduce return time mission.

Edited by BLACKDRAGON, 02 June 2017 - 10:06 AM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

It is totally a free DMU. You are asking for a permanent reduction on manual missions near your level. With your logic a level 55 player would have a 5-10minute return time in Green Plains or Waterside(level 51+ areas) and 6hours on what? level 35-40 areas? If we exclude bounties there is no reason for a lvl 55 player to go to low level areas.

And what about people who paid for DMU?(i don't have it btw). You think these people spent 30 bucks so they can find gear to trade with lower level accounts? Is it fair to have the same return times as a non DMU player with someone that paid for it? And there is no "pay your way into the game". People who spend money keep the server alive and running.

It is not a free DMU. With my logic, a level 55 player would have a 30-40% Reduction on the return time in Green Plains or Waterside (level 51+ Areas). Is this 5 to ten minute return times NO, not even close.  And there could be countless reasons why a level 55 player would want to go to low level areas, so I won't even jump into the specifics. 

As far as people who've paid for the DMU, they still get a high advantage over people with no DMU. They have 5-10 minute return times on ALL locations, whereas Non DMU players would simply have the 30%-40% return time decrease, for LIMITED locations and this is excluding all other boosts/factors which play into return time. As I've said countless times, this is no where near a free DMU. 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 297 posts

An example of this is a lvl30 player only has to wait 5-10 minutes for his guys to return a level 31 Large Residence BUT, he has to wait 5-6 hours for his guys to return from a level 2 Large Residence.

This is what your original idea says. 5 to 10 minutes return time.

However, even with a 30-40% reduction, have you considered that we could still apply a Union City Shortcuts to reduce further the return times?

Edited by Lana Woo, 02 June 2017 - 01:53 PM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

This is what your original idea says. 5 to 10 minutes return time.

However, even with a 30-40% reduction, have you considered that we could still apply a Union City Shortcuts to reduce further the return times?

That was an example. Though I've changed it so that it won't scream FREE DMU to people scanning over the post. And Yes I have, you see. How this works is quite simple. These New Reduction to return times change the base Return time. They do not stack with other boosts that effect return time. FOR EXAMPLE*** Lets say that  Level 10 Area A has a return time of 60 minutes. Player A, who unlocked level 11 Area B,  Gains a 40% Reduction to the Return times of Area A, reducing the Return times from 60 minutes to 36 minutes. This is the new base return time and All other Boosts Effect this base return time. If player A were to Equip a Union City Shortcuts Book (UCS Book), which reduced the return time by 50%, the return times for Area A would be halved. In other words, the Return times would go from 36 minutes, to  18 minutes. A higher level example of this would be: Level 51 Area C has a return time of 4 hours. Player B unlocks Area C, and is given a 50% Return time Decrease in Area C, reducing the Return time to 2 hours. If the Player were to equipped a UCS Book which decreased the Manual Mission Return time by 50%, This would decrease the Mission return time from 2 hours to 1 hour. 

No where near the capabilities of a DMU. And with the logic I used, other boosts simply effect the New Base Return time. They don't add on to the Base Mission Return time Reduction- such as 40% Reduction + 40% UCS Book giving you 80% return time decrease.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

The return times are already capped at 4 hours. 2 Hours with UCS, and you can just buy the DMU if you wanted shorter.

Honestly, i don't know why you would want a penalty for the lower areas, they are already a penalty in themselves for giving you underleveled gear, albeit with a shorter return time as a benefit.

However, I can see adding a -95% return time reduction as another effect of the CHALLENGE BOOK: HARDCORE as another option for those wanting DMU speed  :)

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 04 June 2017 - 02:22 AM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

The return times are already capped at 4 hours. 2 Hours with UCS, and you can just buy the DMU if you wanted shorter.

Honestly, i don't know why you would want a penalty for the lower areas, they are already a penalty in themselves for giving you underleveled gear, albeit with a shorter return time as a benefit.

However, I can see adding a -95% return time reduction as another effect of the CHALLENGE BOOK: HARDCORE as another option for those wanting DMU speed  :)

The penalty for the lower level areas is to limit the overall capabilities that a player has for finding lower level gear for lower  level accounts. In this way, the potential to trade with other players near your level is increased. This also limits the overall power of "weapon farming" with multiple accounts. Where you run missions on the same area with multiple accounts. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 04 June 2017 - 04:04 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 297 posts
But in that case, wouldn't the low level accounts be able to farm the weapons themselves with the reduced time in their own areas?
Anyway, I can assure you that the return times are not an overlook by the developers, but a necessary feature of the game.

Edited by Lana Woo, 04 June 2017 - 05:40 AM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

But in that case, wouldn't the low level accounts be able to farm the weapons themselves with the reduced time in their own areas?
Anyway, I can assure you that the return times are not an overlook by the developers, but a necessary feature of the game.

The idea is that these lower level accounts would receive less help from the higher level account. If the player is willing to spend the extra time needed to develop an alternate  account. He/She will have to put sole effort into finding items mainly with that account. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Return Times