Photo

Ban System And Trade

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

just_an_amateur

just_an_amateur
  • 41 posts
Motivated by the related thread, due to irrelevant content i am opening this thread. For not having conversations about unfair banwars and for not mix bans policy with alliances war and avoiding any conspiracy around this controversial subject i suggest : Chat bans to remain as it is, or even become stricter, but allow player to trade. Chat bans appeal in chat and the player can still raid, do missions help war tasks etc..i find no reason why not to be able to trade as well, he ll be only banned from speaking and of course warned to be permanentlty discontinued.

This way alliances wont have any drawbacks to wine about if a player gets banned because there will be no profit at all, but current system make players unavailable for trade thus unavaulable to raid if there are alts or no dmu users who need was supplies such as medics, active gear, crafted weaponry.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 297 posts

I'm confused: how could anybody trade while not being allowed to speak?

Edited by Lana Woo, 02 June 2017 - 01:57 PM.

just_an_amateur

just_an_amateur
  • 41 posts
Not be able to type, but click other players for options. Approximately the same property that applies when you flood a channel, a "gag"

lael

lael
  • 199 posts

Since you like sarcasm, bans without any real consequences, brilliant!  Why is it so difficult for players to abide by the terms of service? and when banned then play the victim?  It is pretty simple:  Be respectful and polite in all chats and you do not need to even read all of the ToS, that statement appears each time you open any chat.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 139 posts

Not be able to type, but click other players for options. Approximately the same property that applies when you flood a channel, a "gag"

I'm confused... How will you be able to see the player's name in chat if they can't type in the chat. 

How about they add a "VIEW PLAYERS" option to chats? This shows all of the current accounts/players currently in the chat. A player could then select the name of a player displayed on the list, and select an action to perform with the player, such as mute, block, trade, ect, ect... Banned Players couldn't type messages. But they could Invite other players, Trade, and do other stuff, quite useful if a banned player were an alliance Leader, and he/she wanted to invite other players to his/her alliance, possibly to transfer leadership. Additionally, Perhaps they could allow banned players to access their Alliance Chat. If a banned player were to get a 4th strike, he/she would lose access to his/her alliance chat. High Ranked Personnel might be able to take disciplinary action against people in their Alliance Chat as well, such as temporary suspensions, or silences. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 03 June 2017 - 01:08 AM.

just_an_amateur

just_an_amateur
  • 41 posts
Fred ou will be able to type everything but chat wont allow you to "post" it, like when you cause a channel toy flood.

Lael first of all the re many consequences. its the same as before but with trade. Ok lets ban from doing missions also..doesnt matter, ban apply when a people misbehave, i dont encourage people to get bans but when they do for misbehaviour then it should be applied in chat only or game (if for more serious reason) and the consequences as you already know, with or without trade is permanent on 3d strike.

lael

lael
  • 199 posts

If players can open trade, then players will be able to chat in the trade box.  I know that perhaps not being able to trade with alts or others during war is inconvenient but as I mentioned before players can communicate with their alliances via the activity board if they have been promoted to a level where they can post.  Chat bans, moreover, are different from "game" bans.