Photo

Infected Attack Feedback

Infected Attack

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 133 posts

My Feedback for the Infected Attacks in their current State.

I dislike the fact that players are forced to activate all or none of his/her traps before this infected attack and believe that this should be changed so that players can choose which traps he/she wants to be activated (see http://forum.conarti...rap-activation/ ) .

EXPLOIT-ABILITY: I strongly dislike the fact that there is no timer for the infected attack warning message screen. I laughed when I was able to wait over 1 hour for my guys to comeback from their mission, just by not selecting any options on this screen. There should be a limited amount of time given for a player to make a decision. If a player wants "more time" then he/she can choose the "WAIT I NEED MORE TIME" option, If a player were to not select this option when this timer were to expire, then the attack would begin.

Additionally, when you refresh the page for whatever reason, this attack should count as a failed mission, and all survivors present should sustain injuries. I could too easily refresh or even exit out of the game when I get these Infected Attack Warnings, and not face any consequences.

DIFFICULTY: Currently, these Infected Attacks do not offer much of a challenge at higher levels (levels 20 and up). I'll admit, these Infected Attacks offer a challenge at the lower levels, but as you get higher up, the challenge offered becomes less, and less. Surely they can add something to give a challenge even when all 10 of my guys are corned up at the map with High Quality Weapons. Add the Suicide Vest zombies, Add the Elite Infected. It shouldn't be too hard to add these infected to the spawn pool during Infected Attacks, since they're already in the game. Make it so that the Speed, Damage, Critical Hit Chance, and Health are increased as players beat these infected hordes.

REWARD PAY OUT: The Incentive for completing these infected attacks are quite low. Only XP is gained. And not very much either. Add an Infected Bounty Box or some reward box given for every 5 or 10 Infected Attacks Survived. This could even be made challenging by requiring 5 or 10 infected attacks to be survived consecutively. Even add a cool progression bar, displaying how many attacks a player needs to survive to get to his/her next reward box.

UNIQUENESS: Infected Attacks are a feature with much potential, but so far, they are more of an annoyance and offer nothing special to the game. So far, it spawns no Elite Infected, or has any exclusive infected/enemies which cannot be found anywhere else throughout the dead zone, such as the Explosive Zombie, in the terror dome, or Union Island's HERC Agents. It offers no unique reward which cannot be found anywhere else throughout the Deadzone, such as Union Island's Unique Item Box, or The Terror Dome's Terror Dome Box, or even the Infected Bounty Box which can be be obtained by completing infected bounties on select regions throughout the map.

I've read some ideas on the forums about possible new infected. Perhaps some of these infected could be used solely for these Infected Attacks and give the Infected Attacks something special  (see .http://forum.conarti...as/?hl=infected). I can always go run a mission and have my guys camp the green zone and kill infected till the timer runs out. It's nothing special. Doing it at the compound doesn't change the overall experience that I get from it.

LONGEVITY: It's cool the 1st time. That's it. Nothing Special. Low Reward, Low difficulty.... This makes the number of times people are wanting to experience this feature over and over again VERY low. Every-time I see the warning message I get the :( look. Because I know I'm about to waste 3-6 minutes of my quality playing time that I'll never get back. I'm sure the developers would agree that they want this to be a feature where people are actually excited for the next Infected Attack (without excessive/game breaking rewards being involved).

Fredswar1 RATING: 0.5/5 Or 10/100. It just has too many flaws, I give it an F for Failure. I hope the devs will try harder to make this Feature special in its own way, just like the terror dome, and Union Island

EXPLOIT-ABILITY - With No Warning Message Timer and the ability to refresh to avoid these attacks without consequences. It's obvious that there were flaws which I guess the Devs never thought about when they implemented this, or even when they were planning this out. +0.

Difficulty: The Only Challenge I get is when there's just one to two guys at my compound. At levels 20 and below, these attacks might serve more of a challenge, but that's it. +0.5

Reward Payout: All you get is XP. I could remove a pile of wood and get XP. +0.

Uniqueness: You're just killing your average every-day infected. and Earning a small, scrub amount of XP. Nothing Special. Nothing New. You can do that in any mission. The only difference is that it's at the compound, and that it doesn't cost ammo. +0

Longevity: Three defenses of these and you've already lost most/half of your interest. Perhaps they'll give everybody a free permanent camo book so that we don't even have to deal with this lame feature, or make it special so that people will love to defend against some Infected. +0

RATING: .05/5 OR 10/100. It just has too many flaws, I give it an F for Failure. I hope the devs will try harder to make this Feature special in its own way, just like the terror dome, and Union Island.

Edited by Fredswar1, 06 June 2017 - 12:47 PM.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 715 posts

Congratulations, every  topic on the recent topic list is made by you.

Edited by Maruse, 06 June 2017 - 01:00 PM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 133 posts

Congratulations, every  topic on the recent topic list is made by you.

Interesting. Shows how much I care :).

Also, your quite off topic. No comments on the exploit-ability of Infected Attacks, No comments on the overall uniqueness of these Infected Attacks. Just some random comment on something that has nothing to do with the current topic. If you've got something to say about the feedback then go ahead and make a reply. Otherwise, keep your comment/questions to yourself. This is not the general discussion forum. This is the feedback sub-forum

Just goes to show that some people aren't concerned with improving the over-all quality of the game. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 06 June 2017 - 01:14 PM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 133 posts

You are obviously a newbie player that don't know shit about the game... the things you even complain about or wanna add in anty of the stupid threads you make. are stuffs pretty much no on cares about. 

Keep spamming the forum more people will find you annoying. 

I know a good amount about the game.  The stuff I complain about and want to add in many of smart threads I make is stuff that's interesting and stuff that'll add more to the game. I care about them, and  I see that a lot of them have gotten upvotes, showing that others do too.

Now I'm not interested in your narrow minded remarks about my posts. If you don't like em, go to that specific post and explain why. I'd be more than welcome to see what it is you have to say, so long as you do it in a polite and civil manner :)

Not to mention that you can always ignore, or choose not to read my posts. I'd be more than happy for you to do this if it meant no more off topic, comments from you on my ideas/feedback.

Keep using profanity on the forums where it is uncalled for and  uncivil, and I'm sure your days of doing so will come to a halt. 

a3iXODW.png

Edited by Fredswar1, 06 June 2017 - 02:03 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 294 posts
I have a question: What is the basis you are taking to say that your proposals are interesting and add depth to the game? Most of your post are received with indifference (read: no votes and no replies except your own) or outright negativity.
Perhaps this is off-topic, but I'd like to know if you are just trolling for attention at this point or if you legitimately don't understand.

Edited by Lana Woo, 06 June 2017 - 02:21 PM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 133 posts

I provide a valid, and acceptable reason for each proposal I make. I also explain why it could/should be implemented into the game. I give in depth descriptions about them at my sole discretion. Before I make a post, i make an attempt to see if ideas similar to mine have already been suggested. If I find that I post an idea which has already been suggested, then I delete the post/topic. If I feel that a post/topic that I make is no longer a good idea, after applying more thought to it, I'll delete the post. As far as negativity goes, I'm well aware that not everyone is going to agree with what I suggest/propose and I'm prepared to defend my topic/post if I feel that it can be. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 06 June 2017 - 02:32 PM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 133 posts

I have a question: What is the basis you are taking to say that your proposals are interesting and add depth to the game? Most of your post are received with indifference (read: no votes and no replies except your own) or outright negativity.
Perhaps this is off-topic, but I'd like to know if you are just trolling for attention at this point or if you legitimately don't understand.

As far as "trolling" goes. What do you mean by that? Explain... 

Who decides what "trolling" is? Is there an agreed upon limit on how much one should post within a certain time period?  

It's not like I'm post 50 messages a day with one word lines. If a user believes that someone is abusing the forum post option. I think it's possible to contact a moderator. The moderator will then take appropriate action if deemed necessary. 

Plus, there's always the "Report" option. 

I've no intent on spamming meaningless, and pointless posts/topics on the forums. Each topic/post I make has purpose. If you find  a post where you think I'm "trolling", by all means, let the appropriate personnel know. Or better yet, let me know, so that I can get a better idea of what you consider "trolling".  

Edited by Fredswar1, 06 June 2017 - 02:49 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 294 posts

You are confusing "trolling" with "spamming".

Trolling is to go in forums or comment sections and do or say stuff to bother people for the amusement of the troll. Not all trolling is obvious: it can range from obvious to very stealthy, disguised as a legitimate question or post. What differentiates a troll from a bad poster is the intention, and that's what I'm trying to gauge.

Plus, that's not something you can declare not to be, since asking if somebody is a troll would be like asking a spy if he's a spy. It can only be measured by the tone of the post and the replies.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 133 posts

You are confusing "trolling" with "spamming".

Trolling is to go in forums or comment sections and do or say stuff to bother people for the amusement of the troll. Not all trolling is obvious: it can range from obvious to very stealthy, disguised as a legitimate question or post. What differentiates a troll from a bad poster is the intention, and that's what I'm trying to gauge.

Plus, that's not something you can declare not to be, since asking if somebody is a troll would be like asking a spy if he's a spy. It can only be measured by the tone of the post and the replies.

The intention behind my proposals/suggestions is to give the developers good ideas for the game,  and in this particular case feedback on a feature in the game. 

I'll limit the amount of overall topics I make per day on the forums if that's what you want, to 2-3. That's less than what I do in a day anyway.

Edited by Fredswar1, 06 June 2017 - 10:26 PM.

Arkoth

Arkoth
  • 12 posts

I believe your intention is to make the game more rewarding for you(i remember topics with reduction on manual mission times/x10 more fuel from packages). The point is one. Balance. It must be maintained to keep the game fun/challenging/alive. We can't have overpowered rewards in every aspect of the game.

Infected attacks are pointless. Every time i get one i press the "i am ready button" and i alt tab. At lvl 55, 5 guys can easily repel the attack with good weapons and they don't even need armor/traps/buildings/cover.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 133 posts

I believe your intention is to make the game more rewarding for you(i remember topics with reduction on manual mission times/x10 more fuel from packages). The point is one. Balance. It must be maintained to keep the game fun/challenging/alive. We can't have overpowered rewards in every aspect of the game.

Infected attacks are pointless. Every time i get one i press the "i am ready button" and i alt tab. At lvl 55, 5 guys can easily repel the attack with good weapons and they don't even need armor/traps/buildings/cover.

If they increase the overall difficulty of these infected attacks, then players could have the chance to get better rewards. The Difficulty and Reward of a feature are related to each other. Higher Difficulty means better reward pay out (in a well planned out feature) and vice-versa. 

If they actually buffed the attack speed of infected, and added an elite infected horde (a bunch of elite infected zombies) that would be featured in these Infected Attacks, perhaps then they could add a nice reward for successfully completing these infected attacks. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Infected Attack