Photo

Cover Penetration

Bullet Penetration Cover Penetration

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 281 posts

As you all know, (or should know) when a survivor is placed in cover, he/she will duck down, and take cover. When shooting whilst in cover, the survivor will occasionally duck down. I noticed that when survivors do this, the chance of them being shot is reduced significantly (with projectile weapons). This is especially true if the survivor is suppressed, or is wielding a melee weapon. Or needs to reload and is suppressed.

When a survivor shoots an enemy within his/her effective range, if that survivor is ducked down whilst in cover, the damage taken is not effected, just the chance of being shot. 

I believe that when survivors are ducked down, and in cover, there should be a slight chance for bullets to penetrate through their cover, and damage them. Since the bullets lose speed upon impact with the cover, they will do less damage then normal.  These effects only apply when the survivor is taking cover, and is ducked down. 

If the survivor shoots an enemy hostile, whilst in cover, that survivor will receive maximum damage from any on coming fire he/she receives, until he/she ducks back down again. 

The quality of the Cover determines how much damage a survivor will receive, from this effect. 

This may deal damage to some cover, when it happens. 

NO COVER - No damage decrease, maximum damage received. 

LOW COVER - 10% Damage Decrease. 

MED-LOW COVER - 15% Damage Decrease

HIGH-LOW COVER - 20% Damage Decrease

LOW -MODERATE COVER - 25% Damage Decrease

MED-Moderate Cover - 30% Damage Decrease

HIGH-Moderate Cover - 35% Damage Decrease

LOW-HIGH Cover - 40% Damage Decrease

MED-HIGH Cover - 45% Damage Decrease. 

HIGH-Cover - 50% Damage Decrease. 

HIGHEST-HIGH COVER - 60% Damage Decrease. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 07 June 2017 - 11:50 PM.

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 32 posts

Once you start raiding players with high dmg guns, you'll realize that your survivors can die in 2 hits through armor. Increased damage would not be a good idea.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 281 posts

but the stuff above involves damage decreases, not increases. 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

So, if I understand correctly, I could use only the highest-suppression guns available, and if I keep shooting I will eventually kill any enemy survivor, since they will be suppressed and they will take at least 40% of the original damage even behind the sturdiest barricade?

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 281 posts

They'd take at least 60% of the original damage, and in a sense yes. But that's assuming that they're within your effective range. If they're not, the damage that they take could be much less. 

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 18 posts

from my understanding if that it is simply the addition of ricocheting bullets

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

I don't think so. Ricochet is the opposite of penetration, actually.

Plus, ricochet would be way harder and way more pointless to implement.