Photo

Easy Monthly Tasking

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 271 posts

I dedicate this post to the rather easy monthly task that we got...  All it took it me was 5 fuel to upgrade 5 weapons (just upgrade level 1 weapons), had the task done in less than a minute..... Much Respect to CAG for this challenging "monthly task". 

XlGgiZv.png

dK8yvvi.png

If we're given monthly tasks that anybody could do in 10 minutes or less, why is it that we have to wait several days before we can receive a reward? Why are they even called "monthly tasks" to begin with? They offer no challenge. They require virtually little to no time nor effort. If anything, they're just a free reward for alts to farm. And to be honest, the reward given is worth a lot more* than the effort required to obtain it (usually it's the other way around). 

If they're meant to be a free reward, that requires no effort whatsoever, why even bother with the minuscule requirements? Why not just have a Monthly Login Reward Instead? Surely it'd require less effort to maintain.  

But back to the point... My question is: 1) Are these tasks meant to be the free-monthly give-away to the community  as a way of saying "Thank-you for playing The Last Stand: Dead Zone"  OR. 2) Are these tasks actually meant to offer a challenge to the community, and for completing the challenge, a reward is given?

If #1 is true, then the requirements from these tasks definitely reflect that, but not without a cost. Alternate Accounts can easily obtain these rewards. Some could even make alternate accounts and have the rewards obtained in less than 30 minutes. 

If #2 is true, then the requirements from these tasks don't reflect that. Getting 500 Infected Kills is light work. Upgrading 5 Weapons is light work. Crafting 10 items is light work, ect... No challenge, as far as I know of.. has ever been offered from these tasks. 

I'm not insulting anybody or anyone. I'm just pointing out that  these Monthly tasks are extremely easy, and could  be a lot more* challenging and a lot less* exploitable. I thought the idea of rewards that one could obtain from simply logging in was frowned upon. The fact that you need to put in an additional 5-10 minutes of your  playing time after you log-in doesn't make that much of a difference. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 16 June 2017 - 06:40 AM.

Arkoth

Arkoth
  • 18 posts

It's most likely a bonus "free" reward just to keep things spicy. 

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 68 posts

Seriously? You're going to whine because we got an easy one for a change? Did it occur to you that maybe the devs made the task easy this month so that the newer, low-level players could participate?

Edited by Invincible_Jo, 18 June 2017 - 06:48 PM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 271 posts

Seriously? You're going to whine because we got an easy one for a change? Did it occur to you that maybe the devs made the task easy this month so that the newer, low-level players could participate?

As far as I know of, they've always been easy. I just want it to be more challenging. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 21 June 2017 - 09:27 AM.

Salif

Salif
  • 95 posts

I would like to see the monthly tasks become comunity based, that a comunity goal has to be reached or else no one would get a box. Things like 500,000 zed kills, 100,000 100% mission loots, 10,000 elites killed for example..   I think this would be more fun and challenging then monthly tasks for individual players

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 362 posts

Isn't it already? If not enough people complete the task, the box isn't awarded to anyone. This applies to all community tasks, either monthly or event.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 271 posts

Isn't it already? If not enough people complete the task, the box isn't awarded to anyone. This applies to all community tasks, either monthly or event.

The current monthly tasks are never challenging.

Edited by Fredswar1, 22 June 2017 - 11:59 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 362 posts

I meant they are community-based, not challenging.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 271 posts

I meant they are community-based, not challenging.

Since when did we  vote on what any of these challenges would be?  Community based missions, to me, sounds like the community would decicde, or at the very least, play a part in what the tasks would be, what they would require, and what they would reward. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 24 June 2017 - 11:22 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 362 posts

Community tasks are tasks that need to be done by the whole community. That's how everyone, including the game interface, defines them.

I would like to see the monthly tasks become comunity based, that a comunity goal has to be reached or else no one would get a box. Things like 500,000 zed kills, 100,000 100% mission loots, 10,000 elites killed for example..   I think this would be more fun and challenging then monthly tasks for individual players

Voting for how tasks should be does not make them community tasks.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 271 posts

Community tasks are tasks that need to be done by the whole community. That's how everyone, including the game interface, defines them.

Voting for how tasks should be does not make them community tasks.

Ehh... Tasks that require everyone to put in doesn't sound too sweet. You'd have some  people putting a lot more than their share. You'd have some people putting in  alot less than their share, especially inactive players and those who left the game. And then you'd have the rest who'll fall somewhere inbetween the two extremes. And the worst part is that either everyone will get one, or no one will.

Edited by Fredswar1, 24 June 2017 - 07:14 PM.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Fred, the Monthly Task is a Community Task ... guess you didn't realize that ....

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 271 posts

What makes it a community task? The fact that it's under the community tasks tab? 

You can call a fish a frog, but does that make it one?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 362 posts

If you complete the task, but not enough people complete it, you get nothing. That's why it says "You Have Contributed" instead of "Task Completed".

Anyway, back to the point. I think Monthly Tasks are designed so that anyone can do them. There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion, since we already have challenges like the Infected Bounties, the War Box, the Island, the Terror Dome, etc.

Edited by Lana Woo, 25 June 2017 - 05:50 PM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 271 posts

Not really... see http://forum.conarti...skilled-update/

Based on this... If you contribute, you get the rewards. It doesn't matter what everybody else has done

edit:  "If you've contributed, you'll get a prize box". This was when these monthly tasks were introduced. Says nothing about them being community tasks. Says nothing about a certain number of people having to do them for the rewards to be given. 

Though if you have  evidence from a valid source  suggesting otherwise, I'd be happy to see it. 

But back to the point.... Yeah... it's cool that just anybody could do the task (even the guy who just started playing a couple of minutes ago). But it'd be better if just about anybody putting in some effort could do the tasks. 

My point is that they could be more challenging. 

Easy enough for level 5 and up. Challenging enough to make it so that even max level players have to put in effort and time. 

Edited by Fredswar1, 26 June 2017 - 02:19 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 362 posts

Now that you mention it, I haven't sen any meter that shows how many players have completed the task, so it's probably true unless there's a "secret" minimum number of players like it's mentioned here. I can't find any proof or even an indicator of its existence, however, so I don't know what the hell.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 271 posts

Now that you mention it, I haven't sen any meter that shows how many players have completed the task, so it's probably true unless there's a "secret" minimum number of players like it's mentioned here. I can't find any proof or even an indicator of its existence, however, so I don't know what the hell.

My guess is that it's always been more of an individual task instead of a "community task". 

They were a bit misleading by placing it in the community tasks tab though. 

Hopefully next week, we'll have some cool stuff to do (4th of july week is next week).  Also (@CAG) I'd love to have a cool community task to complete for 4th of july!!! 

And Liberty Bowl too!