Photo

How To Use Debugger

Best Answer Lana Woo , 27 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

I just installed the debugger version, and the way it works (as far as I know) is that it will give you a message when it encounters an error. Here's a sample of a message that came out when I closed the game:

FLASHERROR.jpg

The debugger version replaces the standard version, so there's no need to do anything else but play the game. I uninstalled the regular version before installing the debugger, but if you want to keep both, you just need to be sure the debugger version is running. I recommend checking the version here, and look for the debug version message, like me:

Untitled_4.jpg

The console you are referring to (Ctrl+Shift+J) is the Firefox Developer Console, proper of the browser, and it has nothing to do with debugging Flash Player as far as I know.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DrakoDrizzt

DrakoDrizzt
  • 9 posts

(Using Firefox)

Im looking into this debugger stuff Con asks the players to download and then get from it the error they want us to copy and paste so they can look into it to fix the bug.

I have installed the debugger but can't be sure if I had accessed to it. I read online to press Ctrl+Shift+J to get a console of some sort and dived into it looking for something i might use but im not quite sure if that is the right place to look for the error.

Then here is my request to any who read this: Can you help me out in this? so I can use the debugger correctly, try to find that error Con wants me to copy and paste for a fix on a bug in the game?

In short, I need to know how to use the debugger and how to copy the error.

Thanks for your time!

This is the message Con posted in the Report section, if that helps.

It's a client side bug that we haven't been able to replicate. Being unable to replicate it, we can't fix it. We need more information. I asked those who are experiencing it regularly to install the Debug version of Flash and to see if you get an error. 

1. Install Firefox if you don't have it already - http://www.mozilla.o...US/firefox/new/
2. Install the following debug version of Flash - http://download.macr...lugin_debug.exe

Once that's installed play as normal and try to replicate the situation - the debugger will generate an error which you can copy and paste into your response.

In addition to this, information on:

1. Session length

2. Location

3. Mission time

4. Number of survivors on mission

5. Basic computer specifications

Edited by DrakoDrizzt, 27 July 2017 - 12:14 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 416 posts
✓  Best Answer

I just installed the debugger version, and the way it works (as far as I know) is that it will give you a message when it encounters an error. Here's a sample of a message that came out when I closed the game:

FLASHERROR.jpg

The debugger version replaces the standard version, so there's no need to do anything else but play the game. I uninstalled the regular version before installing the debugger, but if you want to keep both, you just need to be sure the debugger version is running. I recommend checking the version here, and look for the debug version message, like me:

Untitled_4.jpg

The console you are referring to (Ctrl+Shift+J) is the Firefox Developer Console, proper of the browser, and it has nothing to do with debugging Flash Player as far as I know.

DrakoDrizzt

DrakoDrizzt
  • 9 posts

FLASHERROR.jpg

Untitled_4.jpg

MANY THANKS for your time Lana Woo, for taking the time to add screenshots and all. I've done the check on your link and i have the same version as you. So now i will try to caught out the error in a message to add in the bug reports. Many thanks again for your time in the "tutorial" ;)