Photo

Long Time Errors.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 293 posts

In Response to a similar thread, I have decided to make a new one, in the hopes that people will be able to focus on the issues that I address, and not in the way that I address them. 

I have been scrolling through the forums, and I have noticed that a few issues which were brought up a couple of years/months back have still not been resolved. Regardless of how big or small these are, Since the Developers made an effort to try and fix them, I think they should be informed that there efforts were in vain, and that these issues still exist. 

In Addition to this, I also would like to bring up how the Con Artists Games Accounts are not giving us Any News, and Promotional Offers. I think giving players news on the game and CAG games in general would be a nice way to start things off with these accounts. A Monthly Newsletter would be ideal, giving the players a heads up of what to expect each month.  I think people would love it if they could get their hands on the promotional offers sometime this year. It'd suck a lot, if one year went by with no offers, after being promises them. 

Below is a list of a few bugs which were brought up in the past, but were not fixed. If anyone knows of any other bugs, I'd appreciate. 

1) Invisible Infected Bug - http://forum.conarti...es-zombie-dogs/ - I

2) Structures Missing - http://forum.conarti...ne-2013-solved/ -  This issue still occasionally occurs with other structures. 

3) Exo Suit Armor Bug - http://forum.conarti...-failed-report/ -  This issue is also said to occur with the 4th of July Armor. I have reason to believe that the two issues are related to one another. 

4) Certain Achievements Not Working/Unable to be done on certain servers. - ... - Multiple Achievements currently are not achievable in the game. They have not been fixed for quite some time now.  And I and many others would like to be able to have 100% Achievement Completion. 

5)  Con Artists Games Accounts Not meeting their expectations - http://forum.conarti...accounts/page-2 - It does suck how warfare online was short lived. But with that being said, it is about time that they start delivering some of their other promises. 

I make this post, so the devs can re-address on some of the issues, or at the very least, Provide Me, and community with closure on what they plan to do with these issues. 

If they are to remain, please just say so, and I will leave this alone.  

If they are to be fixed, please state when, and I  Will leave this alone, until some times has passed from the expected hotfix. 

I have no intention of demanding anything from CAG. I just think that since, with some of these issues, they made it seem as if they would fix it, and even claimed that they fixed it some cases, I think that they should know that the issues still exist. 

As for the Con Artists Games Accounts, though I've asked repeadtly about them in many forum posts, I'm really excited to see some deals (especially on the DMU) and I am a bit disappointed that we are still receiving none after all this time. News here and there wouldn't hurt much either. I'm not asking for much here when it Comes to the CAG Accounts, just what I and many others were promised when they first came out. 

Keep Responses Civil. if you don't agree, state why. 

Winspector

Winspector
  • 114 posts

Noone should want them to go check on the minor flaws right now and fix them. Because, you know, fixing a minor issue can often lead to major issues pop up, in programming. If that's not enough: Fixing minor issues takes time. Development time is precious and limited. Me, as a costumer, would totally prefer new features that excite me over fixing of minor issues that don't bother me more than just a bit. It's a game after all. We're here to enjoy it and not to witness it coming to a state of perfection. Just because there's a bug that doesn't mean that bug needs immediate fixing - all I'm saying. 
Let me save some development time by telling you: Most certainly none of those issues will be fixed within the near future .... if ever. 

As for your point 5) I want to add: Imagine you're having a wife and you're living in a house in a rather poor town. So you tell her: "Wife, let's move to a town that is more prosperous, where I can find a better job and buy you a Pony!". 
"A Pony! Really?" she may add. And you confirm: "Yes, I promiss it!" and get her hopes up .... aswell as your own hopes. 
So you've moved to the new neighbourhood and realize: There are no great jobs for you! There's no fortune to be made. You're just where you were before you moved. 
Now, imagine, would you rather: 

a ) Have your wife understand that, show some empathy, back you up and work together for a better future? 

b ) Have your wife leaving you post-its everywhere around the house that you promissed her a f****ng Pony? 

Choose wisely.
Sorry for making you female in this analogy but .... you get the idea. 

Edited by Winspector, 09 August 2017 - 02:50 AM.

Fredswar1

Fredswar1
  • 293 posts

Noone should want them to go check on the minor flaws right now and fix them. Because, you know, fixing a minor issue can often lead to major issues pop up, in programming. If that's not enough: Fixing minor issues takes time. Development time is precious and limited. Me, as a costumer, would totally prefer new features that excite me over fixing of minor issues that don't bother me more than just a bit. It's a game after all. We're here to enjoy it and not to witness it coming to a state of perfection. Just because there's a bug that doesn't mean that bug needs immediate fixing - all I'm saying. 
Let me save some development time by telling you: Most certainly none of those issues will be fixed within the near future .... if ever. 

As for your point 5) I want to add: Imagine you're having a wife and you're living in a house in a rather poor town. So you tell her: "Wife, let's move to a town that is more prosperous, where I can find a better job and buy you a Pony!". 
"A Pony! Really?" she may add. And you confirm: "Yes, I promiss it!" and get her hopes up .... aswell as your own hopes. 
So you've moved to the new neighbourhood and realize: There are no great jobs for you! There's no fortune to be made. You're just where you were before you moved. 
Now, imagine, would you rather: 

a ) Have your wife understand that, show some empathy, back you up and work together for a better future? 

b ) Have your wife leaving you post-its everywhere around the house that you promissed her a f****ng Pony? 

Choose wisely.
Sorry for making you female in this analogy but .... you get the idea. 

dude.. "immediate" fixing?

I don't think fixing them after 3 years of telling/suggesting to us that they would, is an "immediate" fix.. That's just what I think anyway, IMHO (In My Honest Opinion).

They got the Bunkers coming out soon, (or at least that's what Me and Others are thinking is coming out next).. So I guess they need to go and focus on making sure those are in the game first.

As for the new issues popping up, if they fix them properly, no new issues should be created in the process of fixing an existing issue. It's like changing the inflation tube for a wheel on a bicycle. If done correctly, nothing will go wrong. But if you forget to tighten some screws on the bike, or use the correct inflation tube... you'll only make things worse, not better. (Wheel is all lose,air may leak out, ect. ect.)

I mean, we could ignore every bug that affects us, and they won't change it unless it affects them in most cases.

If we address the bugs which solely affects us,  and show concern for them, they may go and fix them.  And if they don't get the job done, or forget to do it, it is up to us to remind them, As I have done. Or at the very least, constantly ask them/tell them, until the job is done correctly.

As for your response to #5... let me change it around a bit.. 

Imagine you are a Parent, who signs his registers his child up to attend a School (Dead Zone High), which just opened up. Dead Zone High claims they offer elective focus classes in IT, STEM, and in the Medical Field, and that they provide students with free lunch and breakfast daily. They also claim that they send weekly newsletters to parents and students, via email.

After the first week of school, it is discovered that the School does not offer free breakfast nor lunch. Actually, they do not even provide these services at all. It is also discovered that the school has no elective focuses whatsoever, and no newsletter was given for that week.

Disappointed,  and worried about the future that this school might bring for your child, you schedule a meeting with the principle.. Mr. Krabs.

You ask him, why the school hasn't been meeting its promises so far, he responds "[color=lightblue] We're still determining what these features and/or additions might be".

Seeing as how school has just started, you wait awhile, and unintendedly let the time let slip on by.

8 Months pass, no promises have been met. You meet up with Mr. Krabs again, you ask if the school will be able to meet its promises next year.

His Response "We're still determining what these new features will be, We might get the newsletters working one day... Who Knows?"

After hearing that, would you:

a) Have your child stay at the school, and hope for the best.

OR

b) Have your child attend a different school, that will provide your child with an excellent opportunity to reach his potential, and have the best things he wants in life.

Choose wisely.

In this one, you happen to be a parent... I assume you get the idea

Winspector

Winspector
  • 114 posts

There will be no immediate fixing of the issues you came up with. You can either accept that or waste your time bragging about it. 
I'm sure tho, the Devs are having all those things on their list allready. When the right time comes there'll be fixing. Right now what the game needs way more desperatly is something new that attracts the declining playerbase and potential new players at the same time so it doesn't die. The game does not need to be in a state of perfection in any way, shape or form. 

I am a parent. 
I'm having a son of 11 months who is the biggest thing in my life. Unfortunatly he's not in school yet. He's too loud, doesn't follow orders ... he can't speak yet. I'll give him a few more years and he'll get there I'm sure. 
Being a grown up myself I came to realize that school is not as important as people tend to say. (By the way: Don't let my son know - for obvious reasons). 
Once you're an adult all that crazy schoolstuff you witnessed doesn't mean anything anymore. It doesn't matter whether or not your teachers were nice and calm or idiots with the tendency to yell the whole time. It doesn't matter if you got a grade A, B or C at anything - with very few exceptions - as long as you passed somehow. 
My uncle, he is working in a rather high position at some insurance company, he once told me "We don't want people with A-grades working for us! We'd always rather hire someone with a bunch of C's. Because we don't want workhorses, we want to look for people who know how to work your way around systems and that's what A-grader are usually never good at."
So there's a place for everyone in life. There's a job for everyone who gives his best or if not: There will still be ways go. 
If my son would be happy in the school he is, I would leave him there and don't give anything about any broken promisses by any teacher. Because why the heck would I care? Would make me a bad father to not know my son good enough to see which school would fit him best, to begin with. Noone could really tell me if another school would be better or even worse.
It's a phase in life, not the only thing in it. And talking to you as an ex-pupil, my own school was far from perfect. I as a student was far from perfect. Every friday for example we had a tradition called "Beer Friday" where we met early and got drunk like hell even before exams. 
And now? My exams don't matter, the teachers I thought were great don't matter, those I didn't like for good reasons don't matter, all that is just gone. 
Still I'm earning enough to have a family with even more kids in the future a wife being able to cook like a goddess (not that she does it often ever since our son was born, but theoretically she'd still be able to), I'm living in a house, we're having two cars. What's missing? 

Video games in general matter much, much less in life than school does. 
If a game isn't perfect then it isn't. As long as it#s fun noone really cares. 
If a game is not good enough for you, then leave it. 
If you think you can make an own game, that would be better, go ahead and make it. 

Edited by Winspector, 09 August 2017 - 11:38 PM.