Photo

Louder (more Audible) Warning For Time Running Out

manual missions scavenge warning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Strider

Strider
  • 225 posts

As many players know, once the timer for whatever mission you are doing reaches the 1 minute mark, you start hearing an audio cue that alerts you that time is running out. However that audio cue is just a very subtle sound of a heartbeat.

Myself (and probably a ton of other players) like to leave the scavenge missions on to collect infected bounties while I multi-task doing something else, but lately I have been less attentive and it has resulted in failed missions where I've lost all the scavenged resources and sustained injuries on my survivors. 

I know that you could just check your game tab every now and then to make sure everything is fine but I'd like to suggest a more audible warning cue for the timer running out for quality of life purposes that really benefits everyone. Perhaps something akin to the sounds played when unique/rare infected spawns or perhaps the sound of a digital watch beeping (Dying Light anyone?).

passing player

passing player
  • 464 posts

not everyone prefer high volumes. (perhaps it might disturb someone)

Just saying.

Strider

Strider
  • 225 posts

Wouldn't it be easier  to increase the volume on one's computer, thus making this warning more "audible" and "louder"? 

I rather the devs fix bugs and glitches than something so little and minor to the game, such as the loudness of this  warning signal, In my Honest Opinion.

Yeah because I want the sound of AKs popping away, chainsaws revving and the obnoxious music of the Yankee Doodle (this one could use a mute function IMO) in my background twice as loud while I'm trying to do something else just so I can hear that heartbeat sound. Also as I've mentioned, I'm missing the visual cue because I'm multi-tasking on something else and forget to check back on the tab, a more audible sound cue would definitely help players either way.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

I haven't found this to be a problem.

If you're just leaving the survivors to get bounty kills after everything has been looted, then what I usually do is I just move all my survivors to the green zone, making sure to use the number keys so that I can click them all to overlap onto one another in the green zone (sometimes the zone is small, but the overlap is a good trick to know nonetheless).

If you're starting the mission and need to multitask during the looting portion of it, then I would recommend doing pre-planning and schedule missions so that you can do them without much interruption.

Using both of these techniques should alleviate any issues you have about survivors and getting mission loot, and the deadliest thing to you should be a rush, which already has a very loud audio cue.

Strider

Strider
  • 225 posts

If you're just leaving the survivors to get bounty kills after everything has been looted, then what I usually do is I just move all my survivors to the green zone, making sure to use the number keys so that I can click them all to overlap onto one another in the green zone (sometimes the zone is small, but the overlap is a good trick to know nonetheless).

I figured I could do this but as you've mentioned, the escape zone can be pretty small on some maps. Not to mention some of them have stuff in the way preventing the zombies from spotting and going towards the survivors.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: manual missions, scavenge, warning