Photo

Ideas To Improve The Population Of Players In Kong Server

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

ShamishA1

ShamishA1
  • 35 posts

POPULAR

Hey Con.. was just wondering why there are so low players in Kongregate..

One of the reason I found was the outdated info in the link :-  deadzonegame.com/register

In the link we can see that " Kongregate currently has lower level cap and some paid upgrades are not available"

but now we have DMU and same level cap as AG..

so I thought updating that info there would be great coz when a new player checks the link, he will choose AG for sure.. as thinks AG has better level Cap etc. according to the info there :)

And of course we need to find something to tell people why choose Kong Server (new Positive info.. why Kong is also a good choice should be nice idea in that deadzone register link) . They also join AG coz they know its merged so more players etc.

Hoping to get some more Ideas from rest of Players so more players can be Attracted in Kong server too :)

ShamishA1

ShamishA1
  • 35 posts

POPULAR

No mate... it won't end good for most of Kong players there.. coz unlike of AG, Kong has more Free players and I have been In AG 2 yrs ago to check how are things there.. n I wasn't really happy with my findings.. you cannot compete in AG at all if you don't spend money.. specially Wars... either spend money for fuel to speed up or have x50 24x7 Active raiders.. you can only survive there if you already have Big n OP inventory... n it would kill the community totally if a merge happens in future.... I know every game needs Paid Players so game can survive.. no doubt. but it doesn't mean that we should totally kick all the free players outta there...free players are also the source of indirect income.. I also heard from my friends who were in Yahoo too that when their Yahoo friends migrated to AG and 95% of them quitted coz of level of competition was over their equipment, they cant spend that much money to buy so much fuel to win wars etc..as many players have like a fix value or amount that they will spend this amount of money on game per month

Edited by ShamishA1, 09 September 2017 - 03:24 PM.

spikeyspike

spikeyspike
  • 87 posts

totally agree with sham 

as a player on KONG

who has played YAHOO

and currently  still has a DMU account on AG

coast

coast
  • 2 posts

I agree with Shamish.  I just recently hit lvl 55 on Kong, and still don't have the right weapons or tactics yet to beat the Island, or a pro attack on my compound.  My longest range weapon so far is a uni M417 with range of 35.  And my second longest range is only 30.  If I didn't have my white flag book and got merged into Armor Games, I be trashed constantly since I don't have the firepower to defend myself against so many pros.

The thing we as Kong players could do would be to rate the game highly on the Kong site and get as many others as we can to give it a high rating, to hopefully get more Kong players to try it.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 71 posts

@Shamish, see your point

I also played 2 years ago on AG. Quite a bit has changed since then. In 2015, the competition was very stiff and you pretty much had to rush to acquire the white flag book, or repair your base every 2nd day. Even as someone who paid for DMU, I could not acquire sufficiently good anti-raid gear, or something I could use to raid myself. Eventually, I stopped hoarding for gear and quitted. I started playing again this month with an alt.

What has changed? There are a lot less active players now, at least when it comes to raiding. For instance, during my lvling from 1 to 32 (again, with DMU), only one guy has attacked me. Well, I had new player protection until I was lvl 20, but still, this is a completely different situation I experienced in 2015.

We are ranking #7 right now in alliance war, but only 4 of us are active who have contributed 95% of war points and resource donations. Others have been casual, maybe logged in once or twice for a few hours. If we had 25 active players instead of 4, we could compete to be #1 in alliance war every week only by doing manual scavenge missions, not participating in a single raid. Make your own judgments, but I'd say it now does not take much to be a top alliance these days.

Even having 25 dmu players who do manual missions nonstop wont win a war at all.

It doesnt matter how much you score, 10 raiders will easily beat that any day.

The reason why scores are low is because we slow down when there is not as much competition for 1st place.

Peter_Man_CFD

Peter_Man_CFD
  • 27 posts

Hi guys. I'm not a Kong server first off (I only play via Armor Games)

I did have an account on Kong, as well other accounts in various other games, notable The Godfather: Five Families game.

This game was unfortunately taken down on the Kong server with little to know warning, so I saw 2yrs play literally disappear on the Kong server in the 2 weeks notice that they did give :/

And after that experience on Kong servers, I have to say, I will never go back to using Kongregate.

A good solution would be to merge both Kong server and ArmorGames/Facebook server..would create an epic game! :D

rpklover

rpklover
  • 71 posts

Hi guys. I'm not a Kong server first off (I only play via Armor Games)

I did have an account on Kong, as well other accounts in various other games, notable The Godfather: Five Families game.

This game was unfortunately taken down on the Kong server with little to know warning, so I saw 2yrs play literally disappear on the Kong server in the 2 weeks notice that they did give :/

And after that experience on Kong servers, I have to say, I will never go back to using Kongregate.

A good solution would be to merge both Kong server and ArmorGames/Facebook server..would create an epic game! :D

It's a bad idea, AG and kong's market are completely different, the market would crash if both servers merged.

Also, PVP is very different, we win wars by scoring 30K points here while I've seen 300K scored on AG once and plenty of rounds going over 100K points.

We simply don't spend the fuel AG does by speeding up raids to win wars. Merging both servers would destroy PVP on kong.

I played on AG about a month after the game launched and stayed there for over 3 years.

Then, I joined kong because I was getting tired of the ridiculous amount of trashing that was going on. It's also when I got tired of having no chance in wars unless I would spend large amounts of fuel to compete with the rest of the P2W guys.

Kong has absolutely no benefits to merging both servers. Our marketplace would be ruined and we wouldn't be able to compete in PVP, making plenty of us stop playing since it wouldn't be as fun anymore.

AG has little to gain from merging too. The 2 servers are simply far too different to play together in a single server.

You can ask almost everyone who are competitive on kong PVP and almost everyone who are competitive in trades on kong also. Merging would ruin our experience.

We already saw a large portion of our members quit 2 years ago when island came since it was very hard on the market. It's currently fragile enough and a push such as merging both servers would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

ShamishA1

ShamishA1
  • 35 posts

Peter I think u haven't read what I posted above.

Well anyways, another good advantage on Kong is that you can try/start the game without spending any money and there you can compete wars etc. Without spending large amount of money in an instant like in AG and if the new player likes the game enough he can start spending money in Kong Server only and get paid upgrades/ items.

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 25 posts

I'm not so sure this will do much as a lot of people start playing but just quit for whatever reason. 

Only thing that made me want to quit Kong when I started playing was the players. Especially the excuses lol.

Can't do this, can't do that, don't do this, don't do that. Telling people how to play and what to do thinking they run the server.

There's a few fair compound list trashers who just trash and loot all the new players here as well lol.

Plus it's probably just the game itself and the fact we're only one site. the game is so tedious, even with DMU so it won't be for A LOT of people. Just look at the inactive accounts on low level compound lists. A lot of higher level players quit recently too. It's a very buggy game, no more than the average game though, lots of lag if you got a bad PC too.

In terms of PvP alts made me want to quit making it impossible for new players to compete and making it more tedious and time consuming for current players. 

So I doubt this will do much but I'm willing to try and go along with anything. :) Kong server still seems better though based off what I've seen on the forums about AG lol. The week one alliance got 300k WP on AG. That's a ridiculous amount of playing or fuelling back lol, not even worth it.

But like you said, other is merged so more players so people will be attracted to that. Went off topic a bit but a lot of people on Kong do quit.

I'm sure AG has similar, if the not same problems we do but they already got a big active playerbase ^.^

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 25 posts

if you think it would help I could put a link in my youtube videos on dead zone as well. :)

Edited by tingadabopper, 11 September 2017 - 09:04 AM.

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 89 posts

Only thing that made me want to quit Kong when I started playing was the players. Especially the excuses lol.

Can't do this, can't do that, don't do this, don't do that. Telling people how to play and what to do thinking they run the server.

There's a few fair compound list trashers who just trash and loot all the new players here as well lol.

I'm sure AG has similar, if the not same problems we do but they already got a big active playerbase ^.^

And when no one says don't do this, don't do that is when you end up with people trashing players being the new normal.

I personally know plenty of people who quit because they got trashed repeatedly which is a big waste when, as you say, the player base is so small.

Getting new people to check out the game is one part of the recipy, getting them to stay is the other.

passing player

passing player
  • 463 posts

And when no one says don't do this, don't do that is when you end up with people trashing players being the new normal.

I personally know plenty of people who quit because they got trashed repeatedly which is a big waste when, as you say, the player base is so small.

Getting new people to check out the game is one part of the recipy, getting them to stay is the other.

Not gonna point at anyone, but we all know what trashing new players refer to... *cough*

(or hopefully.)

(also, my apologies if this somehow insults people. Please say so and I will fix it.)

Back to topic, the DCs and inability to connect is getting increasingly worse for me. It is a 50/50 on whether the game loads or not.

lael

lael
  • 279 posts

welcome back Fred....1) armor and kong merging is not an option as stated elsewhere before in the forums by con 2) more advertising by CAG on social media and elsewhere is a good suggestion for both armor and kong.  If I had a dollar for everytime a player either on kong or armor said the game was "dying" i would be very wealthy.  The game is as it is.  Players come and go for a variety of reasons.  The future of any game is always uncertain but this game has an unexpected longevity and is still being expanded and gives players a great variety of game play.

Furryicecubes

Furryicecubes
  • 144 posts

As a pretty much ex kong player by this point, I'm going to disagree with the majority opinion here.

A merge would be beneficial. A lot of the negativity stems from people being comfy, and not wanting change. We saw exactly the same complaints when Yahoo was shut down, people were running round telling everyone that the Yahoo guys would just come in and trash everyone, which didn't happen. We saw the same when the DMU was introduced "It'll kill the market", well as I'm sure people can attest to, the market is dead, and has been so for a long long time, long before the DMU was introduced. Even then it didn't have that significant an effect on prices.

And sorry Sham, but to say you don't need an OP inventory on Kong is just ridiculous. The number of raiding alts is just insane, I just logged back in for the first time in a few months, and in the top 3 alliances I count plenty of alts. Yes, new players can hit some targets, but not as many, and not many of the active players. Whereas in AG as there are (or were last time I checked) a much higher proportion of newbies to alts the target pool is bigger, so new players get smacked by alts less frequently.

As to the effect on the market, again unless it's changed significantly a merge to AG would be great, then maybe people would actually be able to sell stuff again, which is always nice.

As to the age old P2W complaints, these are as old as time. Ultimately you pay with cash or you pay with your time. A player spending fuel to speed raids back can still only raid as often as a player running multiple alts and cycling through them. Yes, there may be some points disparity, but not all that much. A player with DMU can score unis quickly, but a player with multiple alts can still loot more by cycling alts via autos.

There are some that pay with both cash and time, and for that I salute them :D

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 68 posts

Furry, 

We have 2 new guys in SP who are scoring more than our main guys and they don't have the ridiculous stuff we have.

The only players raiding with alts in SP are jack and chris with 1 alt each. Chris raiding 2 accounts at 55, jack has a lvl 38 alt in here.

The other alts are just pve.

As for the yahoo merge, Lanceh is pretty much the only remaining active player on kong from yahoo, to my knowledge. If we merge, this will happen to kong players as well.

As for op items, I've raided and beaten nearly every single non-WF compounds at 55-60 by using 1-2 survivors with 37.5% 3/3 RPK (s) The only one I needed 3 survivors was ShamishA1 who is incredibly stacked with massively good guns and on him, I used a 37.5% RPK, 42.5% 107 and max 107. This means that having those ridiculous guns add a level of difficulty but every raid is still doable.

Alts or not, Maddie recently beat my defense using a single survivor and she was using one of the new guns, just regular stats, not max nor crazy at all. Sham beat me with 5 survivors using double or triple max guns but let's face it, he just wants to show off a bit

Therefore, sham is right to an extent. You don't need op guns to raid on kong. We have seen and still see plenty of raiders using what you and I would call average guns and they beat players like me, chris, jack without that much difficulty. 

We're currently rank 1 this round, we've been mostly rank 2 last few months to Elf being first and only 2 SP members raids with more than 1 account. Wars are not determined by the number of alts, they are determined by whoever can stay online and score the free flags at max level.

As for the market, it's somewhat true. The market is not dead though, whenever someone gets a good uni in chat, there are plenty of people who want to buy them. Difference is players can't spend 100 prems on a max 107 like richk24 did but max 3/3 guns still sell for 15-30 prems depending on the gun, stats, level etc. Research notes, herc keys are constantly traded as well. I personally bought 120 research notes in chat since mid september. They market clearly dropped, but it sure as hell not dead.

Edited by morsmagnes3, 28 September 2017 - 01:23 PM.

ShamishA1

ShamishA1
  • 35 posts

it's because of New war system where every Single compound worth 20-160 war points and all the points ranging from 20 to 60 are free Flags or compounds that can be 1 manned with average items.

You can now Win wars by just creating a bunch of alts and raid 24 x 7 Free Flags (without having any op items). It's same thing if you 2 man a hard compound to get 80 war points or take 2 Free flags which worth 40 war points each. Only thing is you have a chance to fail that hard compound raid but taking free flag is a guaranteed win unless you get a crash or dc of course.

The challenge in PVP have decreased a lot because everyone wanna go on the easy win side ( No offence to anyone) and also because of new AI system where defenders choose their target at random not like before that all defenders will target the closest attacker first. Hence, I said you don't need OP inventory for victory now.

And btw Mors I used 5 men because its been long I raided a spawn trap defence and I know that you also have some seriously nice items. :D

I did some new changes so can u raid me again to test the defence? :D

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 52 posts
Not fully sure if this has been said but kongregate DZ has a population of approximately 100 active players

rpklover

rpklover
  • 71 posts

Kong has a lot more than 100 active players boss.

3 weeks after the expansion update, more than 100 players were level 60.