Photo

The Highest Dps

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

TheJollyKraut

TheJollyKraut
  • 64 posts

It is not. It's all here.

Also, funnily enough, saying that "the pixels don't look right to me" is a great way to prove the moon is fake.

too bad you "live behind the moon" ("live in a cave" in english), as we say here, and can't even take a joke. maybe look up some memes some time...

Lol that made my day XD

up and down voting? really? what are you, 9 years old?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

too bad you "live behind the moon" ("live in a cave" in english), as we say here, and can't even take a joke.

Heh. And you say I can't take a joke.

I'll be honest with you: at no moment I thought of that comment as a joke, but as the typical "FAKE!!! PHOTOSHOPZ!!!" argument that a lot of dumb people make.

Still, it was an understandable mistake; I mean, could you point out the difference? I couldn't. Maybe you should put more irony or exaggeration there to make it, you know, a joke.

Votes = feedback. Up or downvoting has nothing to do with maturity; it's a feature included so we can see how well our opinions and ideas fare with others. Still, you are free to take them with a grain of salt.

Edited by Lana Woo, 10 January 2018 - 01:10 AM.

TheJollyKraut

TheJollyKraut
  • 64 posts

kinda de-railing the topic, i know, sry. the point that you don't seem to get is that

this looks shopped. i can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

is a meme. a very popular one as well. so maybe you should actually look up some memes some time and, you know, get out of that cave already.

i know what votes are for, but this isn't a poll or election. and if you are so imature to use them as some kind of sign of moral outrage or to jump in and white knight for some else because you think "oh, this is gonna show him. this will certainly socially shame him." because in your world people and/or their oppinions are dependent on thumbs up, likes, +'es or whatever coorperations come up these day to make you feel like you matter, then, sir/ma'am, you are just a silly child no matter your age.

and no, i'm not at all salty or mad or whatever. i don't take this personal and i'm rather mildly amused.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

kinda de-railing the topic, i know, sry. the point that you don't seem to get is that *quote from where all of this came from* is a meme. a very popular one as well. so maybe you should actually look up some memes some time and, you know, get out of that cave already.

Oh right, because the cave dwellers are the ones that don't know all the memes and their variations. Mother was right: things like these are why I failed Street Life 101.

...if you are so imature... because in your world people and/or their oppinions are dependent on thumbs up, likes, +'es or whatever coorperations come up these day to make you feel like you matter, then, sir/ma'am, you are just a silly child no matter your age.

Uh...

I wouldn't go there if I were you. Like I said, they are feedback; take them with a grain of salt. There's no need to get worked up over votes.

...moral outrage...white knight...silly child...mildly amused.

These are old enough to have their own guide. See how many you can find! I got 2 and 11 here.

kinda de-railing the topic

Agreed. Like I said earlier, it was all a misunderstood joke.

So I would love to see the 16k DPS that RainbowDash_Love saw, and the gear and accessories used for them. I'm sure that would be the highest DPS ever achieved. Would you have a screenshot by any chance?

Edited by Lana Woo, 10 January 2018 - 03:06 PM.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 280 posts

So I would love to see the 16k DPS that RainbowDash_Love saw, and the gear and accessories used for them. I'm sure that would be the highest DPS ever achieved. Would you have a screenshot by any chance?

I have to ask Godzyra for the link he has a fully upped 25+5 aps AAR ill post it in here in an edit format to be continued

TheJollyKraut

TheJollyKraut
  • 64 posts

oh dear, you actually think you are smart. well, all your answers could be put in that little guide of yours (tl:dr, just the headline), as well as all those sad statements you made that aimed at making me out to be dumb.

Heh. And you say I can't take a joke.

I'll be honest with you: at no moment I thought of that comment as a joke, but as the typical "FAKE!!! PHOTOSHOPZ!!!" argument that a lot of dumb people make.

Still, it was an understandable mistake; I mean, could you point out the difference? I couldn't. Maybe you should put more irony or exaggeration there to make it, you know, a joke.

Oh right, because the cave dwellers are the ones that don't know all the memes and their variations. Mother was right: things like these are why I failed Street Life 101.

you obviously didn't get it or knew the meme, so maybe you should just put a little less condescendence in your "excuses".

I wouldn't go there if I were you. Like I said, they are feedback; take them with a grain of salt. There's no need to get worked up over votes.

you think i need you to explain to me what votes are for? oh, please enlighten me... and why not go there? she went there! and the way i see it you got worked up over a joke you didn't get.

just take this silly argument with a grain of salt... or make actual arguments because social grunts and links to other ppls oppinions aren't really arguments. and next time you try to be smart, just don't. because you aren't.

Edited by TheJollyKraut, 10 January 2018 - 07:27 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

Ok, I went ahead and put him in the "ignore" list, before this gets out of hand.

As an apology for derailing the thread, please accept this old video with the bloopers from a car dealer's ad:

TheJollyKraut

TheJollyKraut
  • 64 posts

uuuh, so burned. and now trying to get "the others" on your side by declaring you speak for them and say what they are thinking, that they are totally with you? you don't even realize that pretty much everything you said and did so far is basicly the perfect embodyment of that weird guide you linked, do you?

you are not even arguing any point, you are just making a point out of being superior by default when you could just have let it go in the first place. :)

yo dawg, i heard you like links...

Edited by TheJollyKraut, 11 January 2018 - 02:28 AM.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Are we literally having an argument here with some guy who's probably jealous that he can't hit 10k dps? Why else would he say it's fake? It's like that infamous line: HATERS WILL SAY IT'S FAKE. XD

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 701 posts

He's not jealous, he's just using a meme (apparently) that literally no one has heard of before with zero context and refuses to understand that his post had no context to show that it was a joke.

As for that dps? I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

WARNING: Staring directly to the following image may induce vertigo in susceptible people.

Screenshot kindly provided by Godzyra

pwLOEao.png

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

WARNING: Staring directly to the following image may induce vertigo in susceptible people.

Screenshot kindly provided by Godzyra

pwLOEao.png

Was waiting for this to go up XD. That looks so scary in so many ways.

900 dmg per shot...............with that kind of aps.....

If you just do the simple maths of multiplying aps through with the damage average ( [838+939]/2*23.81 ).............you get this number:

In some ways, that's the raw dps when it starts shooting (excluding reload and aim time).........................I wonder why the dps only hits 16,260, usually the displayed value is quite close to the actual aps-dmg product...................

Sorry for the maths, I just came out of a physics exam and that's all that's running through my head.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

Well, there are other factors to consider, like accuracy, capacity, reload speed and aim time. I remember this attempt to make a formula for the calculated DPS:

This is the one I have so far:

34jcaax.jpg

Where

Average damage = (Max. damage + Min. damage) / 2

It still produces some variations (< 5 DPS in what I've tested so far), but if you want to estimate the DPS it works.

It gives an approximate DPS result (in this case is 16214.3 DPS). It's similar to the one used by the DPS calculator that used to be found in the wiki, from which only the basic formula seems to remain, but this one takes into account the aim time, which was often ignored before bows and the Island update.

Of course, this is just an attempt to find the DPS produced, based in how I understand it works. I do not know the actual in-game formula.

Hell, maybe I can start a thread about the calculation of DPS if you guys think it can help.

Edited by Lana Woo, 12 January 2018 - 08:00 PM.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Well, there are other factors to consider, like accuracy, capacity, reload speed and aim time. I remember this attempt to make a formula for the calculated DPS:

It gives an approximate DPS result (in this case is 16214.3 DPS). It's similar to the one used by the DPS calculator that used to be found in the wiki, from which only the basic formula seems to remain, but this one takes into account the aim time, which was often ignored before bows and the Island update.

Of course, this is just an attempt to find the DPS produced, based in how I understand it works. I do not know the actual in-game formula.

Hell, maybe I can start a thread about the calculation of DPS if you guys think it can help.

Lol, Im just saying the firing dps (when the gun is actually shooting since it doesnt drain its clip in 1 sec) is actually going to be around that. With all other factors, 16000 dps is about right, but I compared one with my stg 44 and the numbers were off by only about 800dps. That's what kinda surprised me, but oh well XD.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

... the firing dps (when the gun is actually shooting since it doesnt drain its clip in 1 sec)

Oh, alright, I get it now :P

In that case, by taking (average damage x APS) I got 21,155.185 as a result for the firing DPS of the revolver, which is much closer to the actual DPS but still has a much larger gap than the one from your Stg (it's off by 4894 DPS).

I would say that the gap is larger in the revolver due to its high APS value, because that would mean more frequent reloads (it has almost twice the APS of an Stg, but it can only carry 10 more bullets). More frequent reloads mean more deviation, since the firing DPS formula does not consider reload times and the actual DPS formula does.

More so, that gap would be amplified by the damage, and since the revolver has almost double the damage per shot than the Stg, the gap is even larger in it.

Edited by Lana Woo, 13 January 2018 - 08:52 AM.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Oh, alright, I get it now :P

In that case, by taking (average damage x APS) I got 21,155.185 as a result for the firing DPS of the revolver, which is much closer to the actual DPS but still has a much larger gap than the one from your Stg (it's off by 4894 DPS).

I would say that the gap is larger in the revolver due to its high APS value, because that would mean more frequent reloads (it has almost twice the APS of an Stg, but it can only carry 10 more bullets). More frequent reloads mean more deviation, since the firing DPS formula does not consider reload times and the actual DPS formula does.

More so, that gap would be amplified by the damage, and since the revolver has almost double the damage per shot than the Stg, the gap is even larger in it.

[838+939]/2*23.81 yep, my bad, i forgot the divide by 2, but i did mention it, which was annoying xD. Moral: DON'T DO MATHS AFTER A PHYSICS EXAM.

Also, the stg damage is not far off, when equipped, the actual dps was 4500, the attack dps (dmg*aps) was about 5300, so not so far off. And I guess it takes less than 2 seconds to empty the AutoRev clip, whereas it takes almost 3sec for the STG, so yeah, I see what you mean by deviation in the dps due to reload.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

10rWzzL.png

I wonder if it's possible to reach 20k with a much better Commando.

Edited by Lana Woo, 25 July 2018 - 02:35 AM.