Photo

Cannot Connect To Game

loadinfg screen lag connecting connection urgent glitch logging in

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

For almost 24 hours, I haven't been able to log onto the game at all. It's stuck at the "connecting to facebook" loading screen and stays there indefinitely. I've tried this with multiple facebook accounts, Armorgames, Kongregate, and multiple browsers. I have tried resetting my internet connection and restarting my computer, and so far nothing has worked. I urgently need Con Artists to fix this technical problem as soon as possible.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 450 posts

Have you tried clicking the puzzle piece and allow Flash Player to run?

Con

Con
  • 4,103 posts

It's a browser based issue moving forward. Flash is being disabled by default by the major browsers. You need to enable it manually in order to play. 

Check the link Lana posted, it should help.

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

Disabling flash ins't the issue here. Enabling flash doesn't make a diffference for me. 

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

So now you're just going to ignore this problem and expect it to go away? For goodness sake, I just bought a Acer Predator with a 1080 gtx card, and while many issues have improved, I still have this connection problem sometimes on my state of the art computer, so my computer can't possibly be the problem. What does that say about the technical stability of this game? 

Honestly, why can't the Dev team actually fix something for once?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 450 posts

For goodness sake, I just bought a Acer Predator with a 1080 gtx card, and while many issues have improved, I still have this connection problem sometimes on my state of the art computer, so my computer can't possibly be the problem.

You are having a connection issue, not a performance issue. A nice CPU/graphics card doesn't have anything to do with that.

Connection issues mean one of three things:

-Something is blocking the connection to the server (for example a firewall, your router, your wireless signal is weak, etc).

-Something is blocking the execution of the plugin (the aforementioned Flash Player enabling issue)

-Server problems

Con can only attend the latter, the other two are PC configuration problems or issues with your internet. Now, if you want to solve this issue, answer the following:

1) How long have you had this problem? Did it start when you bought that computer?

2) Have you tried disabling the firewall?

3) Are you running AdBlocker?

4) What kind of internet are you using?

5) Have you tried connecting in any other computer?

Edited by Lana Woo, 11 October 2017 - 01:56 PM.

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

1) No, it's an issue that has been going on for years. 3 different computers and nothing change. 

2) I don't have firewall

3) No, I don't have adblocker either

4) I'm using regular high speed internet

5) Yes

Sometimes, the game can connect, sometimes not. Also, today, none of my missions could load like at all either. It's just stuck in the "preparing to enter area". I have used multiple internet providers to play this game and nothing changes, so it's not my internet either. I'd bet a thousand prems that the problem is with CAG.

Edited by Danterahi, 11 October 2017 - 03:30 PM.

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

Does Con not have anything to say? I mean, the dev team hasn't even identified the problem, let alone done a single thing to FIX it. 3 weeks later and Con is doing absolutely nothing. What a great dev team we have.

lael

lael
  • 242 posts

Do you have one thousand prems?  You say the problem isn't flash but the truth is for most of us it is.  On chrome I enable flash every time I log into every account after the spining circle to the top left is at the armor shield.  It is admittedly an inconvenient extra step to click on the upper right puzzle piece before the game loads after the connecting circle but well worth it.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 450 posts

It can be a number of things.

1) Antivirus. Some of them have a firewall feature that can block some connections. Try closing the game, disabling all the protection modules temporally, and opening the game again.

2) Problems with the port forwarding. Here is a case from other games when the user had this on-and-off connection problem with some games only (the rest of the internet worked fine); it was solved by changing his IP address. Depending of the configuration of your internet, you may use the release/renew method for dynamic IPs, or requesting a new IP from your ISP if it's static. There's a tool for checking your connection to a specific port, it could be useful if you knew what port are you trying to connect to.

3) When you said that you didn't have any firewall, did you mean that you manually disabled the firewall that came with your OS, or that you didn't donwnload a third-party firewall/didn't own a physical firewall device? Keep in mind that every OS has a built-in firewall feature that is enabled by default.

4) I think it wasn't mentioned before, so just to get it out of the way: make sure Flash Player is updated to the latest version.

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

I just tried all of those things, and none of them work. As I said, the problem is on CAG's end. They must be incompetent at coding or something. Honestly, this is exactly why this game is still in beta after 7 years. Instead of telling me the problem is on my end, when it's clearly not, why can't the dev team just fix it ffs. 

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

If CAG is too incompetent to fix this relatively simple yet game breaking problem, then I think it's say to say that players who suffer from this problem (which I would imagine is almost all of them) should be compensated with fuel. It is fair because I this problem prevents me from making any progress in the game entirely and the compensation fuel would offset this. 

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

Ok so CAG isn't even going to look into my problem. They are just going to ignore the problem as if it will go away. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

It's a connection issue.

Go to http://www.speedtest.net/

Set the server to Tuscon, AZ and tell us what your return times are, that'll give you your approximate connection quality (unless Con has changed server providers again).  

With connection issues there isn't much Con can do, since the problem is on your end.  He can tell you various things you can do to check your connection, but he can't/won't code a fix for one specific user.

Generally speaking, if everyone (and I mean everyone) is having connection issues, then it's on the developer's end. 

When it's only one user (or a very small group of players), then the issue is with the user(s).

Edited by Zingman, Today, 04:22 AM.

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

Alright I just did it, but I do think that the majority of players have the same problem as me when I have been through several different computers, internet networks and regions.

6714740437.png

Danterahi

Danterahi
  • 17 posts

Second test

6714757334.png

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 450 posts

Well, here are mine for reference:

6714784169.png

Also no, most players are not having the same issues than you.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

6714935525.png

The majority of the playerbase is not having the problems you are.   It might seem like that because at the time of day you're playing, a lot of the other players are from the same geographic area.  

Edited by Zingman, Today, 06:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loadinfg screen, lag, connecting, connection, urgent, glitch, logging in