Photo

What Browser To Play On?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

OnionRings

OnionRings
  • 6 posts

I play on chrome normally, on the kong website, and besides the fact that I have to click the puzzle piece each time I load and allow plugins, it's not too bad... until I go raiding or shooting a ton of zombies. Even on lowest settings, it's terrible. I know it's Flash's fault, is there a better way to play? Does CON have any future plans to say maybe move TLSDZ to a client or something instead of this dying flash? I love the game and want to continue to play it but the lag and constant flash crashes, make it very hard. :(

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 450 posts

The recommended browser is Firefox. Chrome usually gives more trouble because they use a propietary version of Flash Player.

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 377 posts

I always used Firefox to play this game, never had big issues with the game so far.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

The best browser to play on is the one that works best for you.   

As mentioned above, Chrome uses their own version of flash -- for some people it's fine, for others it's nothing but lag/crash city.   The developers recommend Firefox (it's what they use), but for some people Firefox doesn't work very well.   Others swear by Internet Explorer (shocking I know). 

It comes down to your hardware/software configuration and no two people are exactly the same.  Your best best is load the game up in each (but not at the same time for course), and see which one works best for you.

Edited by Zingman, 23 September 2017 - 06:37 PM.

OnionRings

OnionRings
  • 6 posts

Unfortunately, firefox won't load for me, what's the trick to get it to load? I get to the site, click allow plugins, and it loads up to where it would show my compound but freezes the entire browser and I have to task manager close it. Microsoft edge just tells me I have no flash installed, and I haven't tried IE, I guess I can. But what about my other question, does anybody know if con has future plans to move the game off flash? I know it'd be a ton of work.

Par Sennah

Par Sennah
  • 33 posts

Unfortunately, firefox won't load for me, what's the trick to get it to load? I get to the site, click allow plugins, and it loads up to where it would show my compound but freezes the entire browser and I have to task manager close it. Microsoft edge just tells me I have no flash installed, and I haven't tried IE, I guess I can. But what about my other question, does anybody know if con has future plans to move the game off flash? I know it'd be a ton of work.

The safest option is to just exit, and sell the game with all it's rights to another business that is interested in further development. No MMO game, no matter how good is likely survive as a Flash plugin dependent game for more than 4 years since today. Either CAG takes the risk to make the migration happen themselves, or they hand over this future prospect to another company. Not to be overly harsh, but looking at how passively CAG reacts to bugs and unsolved issues with TLS:DZ, I'd bet my blue chip that the game will be sold to another company. Maybe this will happen as soon as somewhere in 2018, unless player counts start to rise again, at least to what they were in 2015.

With so many options for gamers, it's hard to imagine new players will stick around despite all the crashes, lag and lack of multi-core CPU support. Even simple things like enabling Flash plugin and refreshing the game is too much work for some. If a game doesn't load on first try, on their web browser of choice, they go try another game.

It's not if but when. Just a matter of time before sites like Armorgames announce they only support games built on WebGL/HTML5 platforms going forward. TBH, if the migration to a future-proof and reliable platform happened sooner, it would serve to attract new business better than new content.

Edited by Par Sennah, 25 September 2017 - 04:29 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 450 posts

Unfortunately, firefox won't load for me, what's the trick to get it to load? I get to the site, click allow plugins, and it loads up to where it would show my compound but freezes the entire browser and I have to task manager close it.

It freezes on me too, but only temporarily. What I do is to wait a few minutes (about 2-3), until it finishes loading. When I can hover the mouse over some icon and see movement (for example, I put the pointer on the Map icon and it highlights) , I know it's ready- to play. Try not to open anything before you can see the button animations, or it might take a little longer.

P.D. this behavior indeed started after the update.

P.D.2: Par Sennah, sorry I meant to upvote but my fat fingers pressed the wrong button and I can't take it back. Please disregard.

Edited by Lana Woo, 25 September 2017 - 03:59 AM.

Par Sennah

Par Sennah
  • 33 posts

@Lana, No hay problema :)