Photo

New Player Question Regarding Vintage M-24 In Pvp Raids

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DeSoto

DeSoto
  • 3 posts

Hello,

I'm new to the game and although it seems I'm pretty late to the party I was having fun in my first couple of days.

My initial raid protection is running out soon and naturally I looked for ways to defend myself, which included looking for good weapons. I stumbled across the Vintage M-24, a gun that dropped at Lvl17 and got now raised (understandably) to Lvl39. While the vintage version might not be tradable, it still exists ingame and there doesn't seem to be any counter for it around lvl20-30.

I was about to buy the Deathmobile to be able to run missions more effectively, but looking at the fact that raids are a central mechanic and a large part of endgame, I can't understand the decision to leave stuff like this ingame. I wouldn't mind it one bit if the whole thing was about PVE, but knowing that I'll have to fight an uphill battle in raids from the get-go is a huge letdown for me and sucked the motivation right out of the game.

Does the veteran player base who owns the vintage version so heavily outway the number of newer players that the dev seems to think it would be a bad idea to mess with them? Knowing this, I have my doubts whether it's worth to keep going cause I know that I'll never be able to compete until Lvl 39...which is a long way from now. Certainly will not make a 30$ purchase at the moment. Kinda hard for me to understand the business decision behind it, considering this game is not subscription based and new players are just as likely to buy stuff like the car and fuel to get an early boost.

Strider

Strider
  • 217 posts

It's very unlikely there are players who own the vintage M24 and are still raiding at your level, those were converted in 2014 I think. You wouldn't have to worry about something like that. Also I've been playing without the DMU since 2012, you'll learn to live without it. If you're worried about being raided you could always save up your fuel and buy a copy of white flag, it prevents raiding altogether.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

The number of players who have vintage M-24s and are using them is infinitesimally small.  Even if a player had gone dormant for a long time came back, and started raiding they wouldn't be able to stay in that "window" very long, where the vintage M-24s are actually useful.

Even back in the day when vintage M-24s were not vintage, an all M-24 defense was not impregnable.   It's not the god weapon people make it out to be (even the unique variants).

If you attacked by one, chock it up to "seeing bigfoot" and move on, you're not likely to see one again.

DeSoto

DeSoto
  • 3 posts

Seeing how slow the leveling process the "normal" way is, I still think that the Lvl17-38 range would leave ample room for stuff like this.

But thanks guys for answering, that sounds like it really isn't something to be too concerned about in reality.