Photo

As For Some Rocket/grenade Launcher Ideas

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Cytroghost

Cytroghost
  • 144 posts

I think these new weapons should be implemented too, for the sake of Realistic fights. Seriously if Zombies Apocalypse happened for real, will you want to pick something up for nasty shows ? I don't remember what the Overpower-ness of these launchers is, and lazy to look up. But I think there are some restrictions we can consider.

Here are some of my ideas :

+ Rocket/Grenade launcher can be implemented as Active gear --> restriction on the number of use.

+ The launchers have fixed Damage, which means the level of a survivor or gear stats do not effect them.

+ Rocket Launcher uses 1 rocket only, while Grenade Launchers, depends on which one, either fires 1 high-damage shell (M79 for example) or 6 low-damage ones (ICS-190 for example).

+ The launchers have long range, but they have a fixed Hit Chance of 50% on Survivors or HERCs and that means they are either get injured, or nothing happens at all.

+ I will take the range of melee weapons for easy imagination, the explosion caused by the launchers has a wide AoE of 8 or higher. 100% chance to cause knockback, either miss or not.

+ The launchers have aim time of either 0.5 or 1 second. I don't know which one it should be, but to my experience you make a survivor stand up for 0.5s in pvp and you get hit and suppressed like no tomorrow.

+ Both launchers slows you down, Rocket one decreases 15% ms while Grenade one decreases 10% ms, no matter you make the shots or not. Well, be considerate before bringing them into Island Raid tho, the penalty lasts for 3 stages.

+ Rocket/Grenade Launcher requires 3 carrier slots to carry. Now this is interesting, you guys can notice some gears with 3 carrier slots or higher do not usually have other significant stats, low damage, not impressive reload speed, bla bla. Even if there is one with both good stats and lots of carrier slots, it's is extremely rare. So your choice is, either just bringing grenades in and focus on your main weapons, or sacrificing good stats for main weapons to bring the launchers in action.

--> I said "sacrificing" sounds like a big deal, but even if you have no DPS stats u can still kill anyway lol...

+ Damage value of these 2 launchers, against Flesh and Buildings, is debatable, or not, your points.

These are just like sketches of how these Launchers could be designated in the Dead Zone. IMO everything can be implemented into the game, as long as it is cleverly designated and not to be bullshjt.

Now I just sit here and hope I did not get too many negative points of some stereotypes lol :v

Maruse

Maruse
  • 743 posts

Go away warbrand.

Cytroghost

Cytroghost
  • 144 posts

Go away warbrand.

I'm not him tho, and why u hate the launchers so much ?

DeSoto

DeSoto
  • 5 posts

I'm not him tho, and why u hate the launchers so much ?

Cause they would add a clusterf*ck magnitude of balancing issues to the game. This is meant to be a CQC-game, you don't bring a rocket launcher for this playstyle.

I know that it reminds a lot of Jagged Alliance 2, but that was a single-player experience in which balancing isn't nearly as critical.

We already got guns that can shoot across half the map, do we really need more ways to kill the enemy offscreen/dish out collateral damge? The answer is most likely no.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 601 posts

god damn i guess you totally ignored my theory -_- 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts

It's not that people hate grenade launchers; after all, Grenade or Rocket Launchers have been one of the most proposed ideas. That's exactly the problem.

What you are proposing has been discussed several times before, over and over, with changes and fixes. There has been no interest on them. Somebody proposing grenade launchers again is just boring, like a telemarketer calling you to say: "I know this product doesn't interest you, sir or ma'am, and you have already received dozens of calls trying to sell this same thing to you, but listen to me! Grenade Launchers! THEY CAN WORK!!"

Also, you are failing to take into account that this is a game. Realism must serve gameplay, and not the other way around, so "it would be realistic" is not actually a good reason to implement this.

Lastly, it probably doesn't help that you admitted to not doing a previous search for any of the previous threads about it. It's an important thing to do, especially when one is trying to rehash a previous idea.

Edited by Lana Woo, 02 October 2017 - 02:08 PM.

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 26 posts
It's a good idea to add the rocket launcher.

More this game is also PvP, explosive weapons is very OP for this type of game. So you can not realistically create these weapons.

So let's say that all these weapons were destroyed in the bombing in the city of Union City

Salif

Salif
  • 98 posts

Oh Wait!!!  What if we attached a grenade to an arrow? lol  :P

Cytroghost

Cytroghost
  • 144 posts

It's not that people hate grenade launchers; after all, Grenade or Rocket Launchers have been one of the most proposed ideas. That's exactly the problem.

What you are proposing has been discussed several times before, over and over, with changes and fixes. There has been no interest on them. Somebody proposing grenade launchers again is just boring, like a telemarketer calling you to say: "I know this product doesn't interest you, sir or ma'am, and you have already received dozens of calls trying to sell this same thing to you, but listen to me! Grenade Launchers! THEY CAN WORK!!"

Also, you are failing to take into account that this is a game. Realism must serve gameplay, and not the other way around, so "it would be realistic" is not actually a good reason to implement this.

Lastly, it probably doesn't help that you admitted to not doing a previous search for any of the previous threads about it. It's an important thing to do, especially when one is trying to rehash a previous idea.

So in the end, what conclusion makes these launchers unable to make a game more interesting ? Or you guys just got exhausted of seeing a bunch of conflicted ideas that lead to nowhere ?

I'm just surprised that people don't mind a ridiculously OP weapons like HR443 or MG36 or G28 but are afraid of how OP those launchers could perform. It is like ppl are enjoying dog shjt while fearing cat shjt. (sorry for being rude tho)

The reason I bring this back again is, it is the right time to release those launchers now. You can say "it is a game, something missing or ridiculous is normal" but to a game whose ideas are completely based on reality and logic facts ? You remove something so familiar like those launchers and you say it is to serve gameplay. Sometimes I understand why this game has few ppl to come.

Cytroghost

Cytroghost
  • 144 posts

I don't know what you guys had discussed back then, but I don't really care. Even if I did not put this up someone else, someday would just bring this up again and again :P

You guys can choose to pick something new to make the game become more diverse, or just stick with the old styles again and again and again for other 69 years just like this ! Major number of people's choice so I can't do shit ! =) Just another torch I wanna ignite.

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 26 posts

Yes, if all the explosive weapons were ACTIVE GEAR with 1 or 2 of use and with little reach, maybe that would work.

More are the developers who decide.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 58 posts
Rocket launchers and grenade launchers would probably be fun to use but way to overpowered

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

The problem with grenade/rocket launchers is twofold.

If you introduce them into the current game environment with stats that are proportional to their real-life counterparts, they'd be grossly overpowered in comparison to everything else out there.   Your talking about using a weapon designed to take out tank/walls etc -- vs people.   Sure it'd work, but it'd be like hitting a thumbtack with a sledgehammer.

On the other hand if you balance the stats so they "fit" within the current game environment people will think that they're broken/useless.   We have a limited number of grenades that we can carry for a reason -- they're a very powerful weapon when used properly.   A "balanced" grenade/rocket launcher would do only about 5% damage (per shot) in comparison to a "normal" grenade, or the reload time would be several minutes (given the auto-fire nature of the game, that second option could be especially annoying). 

Edited by Zingman, 11 October 2017 - 11:52 PM.