Raid Equip Bug? Or Cheat?

bug cheat raiding

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 27 posts

POPULAR

So, I'm just wondering, is there a way I am unaware of to equip weapons that are +6 to +8 levels higher than your leader? I am being trashed repeatedly by a raider who, somehow is able to equip weapons that are 6-8 levels higher than their leader. How is this possible??

Proof:

Level 26 leader equips a level 32 SVD:

Level 27 leader equips a level 33 SVD:

Level 29 leader equips a level 37 PSG:

https://youtu.be/A8-0GS-BgKo

Bug? Cheat? or other? I have emailed support with no reply. Anyone?

Jeff

Jeff
  • 2 posts

POPULAR

This is very interesting, i will be waiting to see what Con has to say about this, so come check these videos and links Con. Will be waiting for an answer.......Ty

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 27 posts

And another one since I posted this. Not only does her level 29 leader equip a lvl 37 psg, but she has 2 level 24 fighters equipped with level 32 svds. Hmmmmm....

https://youtu.be/hwi4V_G04OM

Sure would like to have an explanation. Hanging out my white flag. I will NOT waste time gathering resources to be demolished by what appears to be a cheat. 

lael

lael
  • 276 posts

WOW this seems like a very serious game breach, indeed.  What is lvl 33 modified? modified how? for a lvl 26?

But on closer inspection the 9/29 screenshot clearly shows angel's leader is lvl 29 not lvl 27 which would enable her to use a lvl 33 svd with a trained 4.  

All reports should be sent via e-mail to support@deadzonegame.com and we should all refrain from jumping to conclusions and labeling another as a cheat especially here.

Edited by lael, 03 October 2017 - 07:00 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 520 posts

The one from 9/25 is lvl26. It's a little more clear here:

GeyLBQm.jpg

But I agree, this is better left to the devs to sort out.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 27 posts

WOW this seems like a very serious game breach, indeed.  What is lvl 33 modified? modified how? for a lvl 26?

But on closer inspection the 9/25 screenshot clearly shows angel's leader is lvl 29 not lvl 27 which would enable her to use a lvl 33 svd with a trained 4.  

All reports should be sent via e-mail to support@deadzonegame.com and we should all refrain from jumping to conclusions and labeling another as a cheat especially here.

I have emailed these links to support twice, the first time over a week ago, with no reply. I don't know how else to get it brought to someone's attention, so I asked the question here.

In the meantime, I'm being trashed every time I log off or protection wears off. Being trashed is part of the game sometimes, I understand, but having it done repeatedly by someone who is without a doubt using a bug, or cheat, or exploit to their advantage just stinks. I know it's happening to other players as well. 

lael

lael
  • 276 posts

Chan is a known trasher but this allegation of cheating or "exploit" needs to be addressed by con. 

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 27 posts

Actually it is not...if u click on the screenshot under 9/29 it takes u to the actual post and the leader is lvl 29 not lvl 27 or 26 and the way that it has been presented is incredibly misleading.  While I want to trust game  girls' evaluation on closer examination I have found that her data has been misrepresented and misinterpreted regarding that date and shot.

Explain this one then, might be unclear at first, but at the end it is VERY clear. She has 2 level 24 fighters with level 32 svd's equipped:

(Edited to add correct link) 

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 27 posts

But on closer inspection the 9/29 screenshot clearly shows angel's leader is lvl 29 not lvl 27 which would enable her to use a lvl 33 svd with a trained 4.  

I'm not sure where you are seeing level 29 for the attacker? Are you maybe looking at the progress bar? (Which clearly shows that BeastGirl's leader NOT angel's leader was level 29 at the time of attack. Just like future raids show my future levels. ) Video clearly shows leader is level 27 at the beginning.

Edited by GameGirl, 05 October 2017 - 12:52 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 520 posts

Actually it is not...if u click on the screenshot under 9/29 it takes u to the actual post and the leader is lvl 29 not lvl 27 or 26 and the way that it has been presented is incredibly misleading.  While I want to trust game  girls' evaluation on closer examination I have found that her data has been misrepresented and misinterpreted regarding that date and shot.

Ok, I think I got the confusion. Which screenshot are you referring to? You said first that it was the 9/25 one, but now it's edited to say 9/29. I think it would be more clear if we make a table:

Screenshot 1 (2017-09-25)        Leader lvl 26     Weapon lvl 32

Screenshot 2 (2017-09-29)        Leader lvl 27     Weapon lvl 33

Screenshot 3 (2017-10-02)        Leader lvl 29     Weapon lvl 37

Screenshot 4 (2017-10-03)        Same leader/weapon level than screenshot 3, also shows Figher lvl24 equipping lvl32 SVD

Screenshot from the second video (9/29):

h8JBM5k.jpg

Edited by Lana Woo, 03 October 2017 - 08:21 PM.

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 58 posts

I hope it gets fixed soon, 2 more fresh exploiter reports:

Also, I'm sorry that my mouse is invisible, but since I'm not using any PSG1's on defence, an exploit is still easy to spot.

You can also know all modified guns are not mine either, cause I didn't have trained book equipped.

Edited by Godzyra___, 07 October 2017 - 06:34 PM.

lael

lael
  • 276 posts

Hi Con.  Apparently alot have players have known about this bug(can equip 2 of same book) and have been intentionally using it (exploit), so please can you address this problem asap.  Either it is an acceptable practice or an exploit (knowingly using/abusing an unintended game error to one's benefit).  So is the ability to equip two trained books at the same time an unintended error? or unbeknownst to many until now an acceptable raiding tactic?  Us players would really like a response.  Thanks.

I am however a little disappointed in the raiding community that it seems some knew that it was indeed possible to equip two trained books simultaneously but did not come foward with this information publically until now.  It is my understanding that if a bug is found that one should report it here or to the game developers as soon as possible and not wait to get found out after using it.

Edited by lael, 07 October 2017 - 09:42 PM.

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 50 posts

Wouldn't thought the dev team just forgot this exploit, and posting another post looking for new idea of the clothing instead.

I just sit at a corner and wait for Devs further action.. I hope Con can give us a proper answer for this.

Edited by Hakusai, 09 October 2017 - 12:30 PM.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 220 posts

can't you guys just clear that problem silently without everyone detecting the exploit? - Imagine there is absolutely NO support and you would have to fix it on your own!

I'd suggest pming the perpetrator and fixing the problem right in 10mins would have solved the situation.

Exploits should only be mailed to the devs, read the forum, you will find 50+ dev messages advising that.

Since there is no support anymore and tutorials on this thread how to do it it is seems to be tolerated until it gets fixed. Anyone who reads this forum can profit from it. Good I read the forum. Thanx Gab for the nice trick ;)

Happy war all.

Con

Con
  • 4,140 posts

Thanks for pointing this out. Looking into it. I'm not sure it's related to the Expansion as there was literally no code changes. It might be a data issue that's been lingering for a while. 

As Trained is the biggest problem one, I've taken some steps to reduce it's usage, short of removing it entirely for now. It won't drop any more and I've removed it from the stores until we can sort this out.

I have disabled the effect provided by the Trained book. 

Edit: Ok, it seems I've got a lead on what the issue is. I'll keep you all posted.

Cempa

Cempa
  • 19 posts

Thanks for pointing this out. Looking into it. I'm not sure it's related to the Expansion as there was literally no code changes. It might be a data issue that's been lingering for a while. 

As Trained is the biggest problem one, I've taken some steps to reduce it's usage, short of removing it entirely for now. It won't drop any more and I've removed it from the stores until we can sort this out.

I have disabled the effect provided by the Trained book. 

Edit: Ok, it seems I've got a lead on what the issue is. I'll keep you all posted.

I think that the problem came when we were able to remove the timed books.. 

Question of removing the books came above the books not being able to stack with each other..?

The Cronie

The Cronie
  • 1 posts

can't you guys just clear that problem silently without everyone detecting the exploit? - Imagine there is absolutely NO support and you would have to fix it on your own!

I'd suggest pming the perpetrator and fixing the problem right in 10mins would have solved the situation.

Exploits should only be mailed to the devs, read the forum, you will find 50+ dev messages advising that.

Since there is no support anymore and tutorials on this thread how to do it it is seems to be tolerated until it gets fixed. Anyone who reads this forum can profit from it. Good I read the forum. Thanx Gab for the nice trick ;)

Happy war all.

You are right! I remember a long time ago somebody was perma banned from the game for posting videos of exploits on the forums. Maybe rules have changed?

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 218 posts

Con, there seems to be some issue with you temporarily disabling trained books.

I just equipped trained +2 without any issue and it works

Con

Con
  • 4,140 posts

Con, there seems to be some issue with you temporarily disabling trained books.

I just equipped trained +2 without any issue and it works

Yep. The way books work in certain cases, like the Trained books, they store the bonuses in your inventory. 

Currently thinking that we will phase them out, as they're all timed books, they won't be around for too much longer. Unfortunately we can't remove them from people's inventories and we don't really want to do that as they may have earned / traded for them etc.

Overall I think the Trained book is bad for PVP anyway, we have had a lot of reports in the past from raid victims where a single trained book was used against them and they were extremely confused.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 63 posts

@ Con

I've been a PVP player for nearly 5.5 years. Without trained books, my alliance and I would have never been able to loan out as many guns to new recruits. With trained books we can skip a few levels and save half the fuel cost trading guns. Without trained, it won't be tempting for old players to loan guns to new players since we'll have to send 10 new guns every few levels.

Trained books save a lot of time, it lets PVP players use guns that are higher level, which is amazing considering not every Lr are fun to use. I personally despise SS but I love FAL's. Without trained, I'd have to go through 4 levels of boredom. I also don't like SVD's and M24's. Skipping 4 levels on SS, 4 levels on SVD means roughly 4 weeks of fun raiding instead of 4 weeks of boredom thanks to trained books.

There are plenty of players who don't like certain guns because of certain stats. SS lacking aps, SVD lacking suppression etc.

Another positive thing about trained, 

When most players reach level 50 and unlock island, plenty of us have 12-15 level gap. Using trained lets us do island with half decent guns and crafted armors. 
New players reaching level 50 don't want to start island with hp vests and level 30's AR's.

If you get rid of trained books, it pretty much doubles the trade cost when we give guns to our new players. Sure fuel is easy to come by for a max level player, but being a lvl 10-20 player and having to send back 10 guns every week because you out leveled them is quite expensive on fuel. New players feel like they are spending all their fuel trading and it's not fun since they can't save up.

Other players will have plenty of arguments to back me up and some will have arguments to shut me down. Trained books have been here for years, as long as they work correctly, they are enjoyable, not anti-fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, cheat, raiding